• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jehovah

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Johovah is just one of many names of God in the bible. The JW will tell you Johavah is the only name of God and all these other names are titles. HOGWASH>>>

LOL who the heck is Johavah? :p. Seriously mate, you could at least get the spelling right.

"AND IN NAME." The name speaks of the nature and character of a person. In that our God is so marvelously great, He has many names, each revealing to us another facet of His nature and character, etc. We ascribe unto Him many titles: He is Wonderful, Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, etc. Then we have all the compound names of Jehovah-- as our Healer, our Banner, our Righteousness, our Provider, our Defender etc. All of these names and titles help us to identify Him to us. But now He states that He will make a people high above all nations "IN NAME." He is ready to share His identity with humanity-- it is utterly awesome and amazing!
The scripture you quoted in Isaiah is talking about Jesus, not Jehovah. The "son" born is a prince. A prince is the son of a king.

A name is not a title. A title is not a name. God has but one personal name. It is the one he revealed in Exodus 3:15 and Psalm 83:18....YHWH.

Last edited:

Benoni

LOL who the heck is Johavah? :p. Seriously mate, you could at least get the spelling right.

The scripture you quoted in Isaiah is talking about Jesus, not Jehovah. The "son" born is a prince. A prince is the son of a king.

A name is not a title. A title is not a name. God has but one personal name. It is the one he revealed in Genesis 3:15 and Psalm 83:18....YHWH.

Where does it say God has only one personal name? The watchtower??

Wrong..

Sorry about the spelling I am sure you being a JW that title spelling is soooo important to you. There are over two hundred different names for God in the Bible unless of course you use the JW Bible and then all you have is Jehovah. But that what happens when you limit God to some man made religion.

The first name of God in the Bible is Elohim, The word “us” is Elohim It spelling or interpreted in scripture and Elohim is spelled both “god” and “God”.

The name of God “Elohim” The only name used in the first chapter of Genesis, is GOD, or Elohim. This is the name we need to know before all others. And I declare, His children would have more peace if they knew it! Elohim, in the Hebrew, means "to swear." It describes One who stands i n a covenant-relationship ratified by an oath. Psalm 110:4 says, "The Lord sware and will not repent. . . "and this was prior to creation. So, before He even made man, God made a covenant concerning him! Under this name we see God, according to His own will, working on a dark and ruined creation till, by His Word, all is set in order and made very good. He brings back His light and life and then His image into the creature. In virtue of His own nature and covenant-relationship to His creation, He can never leave it, fallen as it is, till all again is very good.

The name Jehovah is first introduced in Genesis, chapter two. You will see here two names together: LORD God. This means "Jehovah-Elohim." There is a very good reason why these two names should be linked. First, you must understand what aspect of God’s nature Jehovah depicts. We will compare the two names so that you can see the difference. First, in Elohim we see One whose Love works with His creation and overcomes all — no matter what its condition. His will prevails over all hindrances.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Wrong..

Sorry about the spelling I am sure you being a JW that title spelling is soooo important to you. There are over two hundred different names for God in the Bible unless of course you use the JW Bible and then all you have is Jehovah. But that what happens when you limit God to some man made religion.

The first name of God in the Bible is Elohim, The word “us” is Elohim It spelling or interpreted in scripture and Elohim is spelled both “god” and “God”.

The name of God “Elohim” The only name used in the first chapter of Genesis, is GOD, or Elohim. This is the name we need to know before all others. And I declare, His children would have more peace if they knew it! Elohim, in the Hebrew, means "to swear." It describes One who stands i n a covenant-relationship ratified by an oath. Psalm 110:4 says, "The Lord sware and will not repent. . . "and this was prior to creation. So, before He even made man, God made a covenant concerning him! Under this name we see God, according to His own will, working on a dark and ruined creation till, by His Word, all is set in order and made very good. He brings back His light and life and then His image into the creature. In virtue of His own nature and covenant-relationship to His creation, He can never leave it, fallen as it is, till all again is very good.

The name Jehovah is first introduced in Genesis, chapter two. You will see here two names together: LORD God. This means "Jehovah-Elohim." There is a very good reason why these two names should be linked. First, you must understand what aspect of God’s nature Jehovah depicts. We will compare the two names so that you can see the difference. First, in Elohim we see One whose Love works with His creation and overcomes all — no matter what its condition. His will prevails over all hindrances.

Very nice. Thank you.

Before Moses believers called The Creator ELOHIM. It was their name for God.

"Title" is just another word to describe what someone is or does. So The Name God Almighty told Moses also describes what. If JWs insist a title is not a name, then Jehovah is not a name either. They both are, or neither is.

Benoni

I have no problem with our JW brothers they are guilty of placing the truth in their JW box just like all religions. Seeing they have stopped seeking asking and knocking unless it fits in thst box they need to limit who God is by their creeds and dogmas. I have learned over the the years is I mush always seek for that hidden manna because yesterdays manna stinks. God's Word always gets deeper the more you know him.

Very nice. Thank you.

Before Moses believers called The Creator ELOHIM. It was their name for God.

"Title" is just another word to describe what someone is or does. So The Name God Almighty told Moses also describes what. If JWs insist a title is not a name, then Jehovah is not a name either. They both are, or neither is.

kjw47

Wrong..

There is 1 single personal name for God in his word--YHWH(Jehovah) -- the rest are titles not names.

Benoni

There is 1 single personal name for God in his word--YHWH(Jehovah) -- the rest are titles not names.
This is true if you are a JW and cannot see outside your JW little box. There are over 200 different names for God in the Bible. The first name in Genesis is Elohim not Jehovah.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
This is true if you are a JW and cannot see outside your JW little box. There are over 200 different names for God in the Bible. The first name in Genesis is Elohim not Jehovah.

people & angels in the bible are also called Elohim. They are also called Adonai in the scriptures.

if you can name a person or angel Elohim, then its not a noun. Its not a proper name.

Benoni

people & angels in the bible are also called Elohim. They are also called Adonai in the scriptures.

if you can name a person or angel Elohim, then its not a noun. Its not a proper name.

Look at Ps 82 where it is speaking of God big “G” which is translated elohim and in the same chapter it is speaking of man which also uses the word elohim but little “g”. I see Adam before the fall as elohim.

Psalm 82
1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods. (notice little “g” or Elohim)
2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6 I have said, Ye are gods (Elohim); and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Elohim is the only name for God in the first chapter of Genesis not Jehovah. To insert the word Jehovah would be a human man made lie.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Look at Ps 82 where it is speaking of God big “G” which is translated elohim and in the same chapter it is speaking of man which also uses the word elohim but little “g”. I see Adam before the fall as elohim.

Psalm 82
1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods. (notice little “g” or Elohim)
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6 I have said, Ye are gods (Elohim); and all of you are children of the most High.

Elohim is the only name for God in the first chapter of Genesis not Jehovah. To insert the word Jehovah would be a human man made lie.

So obviously Elohim is not a personal name. There are many elohims in the bible...The Father/Creator is one of them.

Elohim literally means 'mighty strong' which God is, and so are his angels, and so are some people.

Benoni

So obviously Elohim is not a personal name. There are many elohims in the bible...The Father/Creator is one of them.

Elohim literally means 'mighty strong' which God is, and so are his angels, and so are some people.
Wrong... Your religion is control you from seeing the truth.

1st chapter only God (Elohim) is used. This is the name we should know above all other names.

Names of God
ELOHIM: (GOD) Ex.33:34
God’s goodness, his nature (name, character, authority)

YAHVAH, YAHVAH-EL of compassion and favor, Slow to anger & abundant in loving kindness & faithfulness: keeping loving kindness to a thousand generations, forgetting iniquity and transgression and sin, though leave not utterly unpunished. Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon sons’ sons, unto a third & forth generation. Ex. 34: Rotherham

ELOHIM Heb. To “swear”, It describes one who stands in a covenant-relationship ratified by an oath.

Judgment: Every time God judges a matter it was not from anger as humans know it, but from zeal to show forth His righteousness. Yes deprived those wicked people of life on this earth for it is His right to withdraw that life

God is not only teaching His Word but also His Nature.

Jehovah T’ Sidkinu, The LORD OUR Righteousness (Jer. 23:6)
Jehovah M’ Kaddesh, The Lord Who Sanctifies (Lev. 20:7)
Jehovah Shalom, The Lord our peace (Judges 6:24)
Jehovah Shammah, The Lord our ever Present God (Ezek. 48:35)
Jehovah Rapha, The Lord our Healer (Ezek. 15:26)
Jehovah Jireh, The Lord our provider (Gen. 22:14)
Jehovah Nissi, The Lord our Victory (Ex. 17:15)
Jehovah Rohi, The Lord our Shepherd (Ps. 23:1)
Jehovah T’sur, The Lord our Strength (Ps. 19:14)

Never is the name Jehovah used unless there is another name attached to it.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Psalm 82

I don't agree with that.

Psa 82:1 A Psalm of Asaph: The Elohiym/Magistrates/Judges stand to assembly before El (Almighty); the Elohiym He to judge.
Psa 82:2 For how long will you judge unjustly, and by reason of, advance the wicked?
Psa 82:3 Defend the weak and bereaved, needy and destitute, be righteous!
Psa 82:4 Deliver the weak and destitute from the hand of the wicked.
Psa 82:5 Of a truth, they observe and don't understand. In misery they walk. Rotten is the whole foundation.
Psa 82:6 I said Elohiym/Judges thou are; and sons elevated above all others!
Psa 82:7 Nevertheless as human beings, shall die, and of a certainty, as all leaders, fall.
Psa 82:8 Arise o Elohiym/Judges, execute judgment on the land/nation; for you shall inherit the whole nation/people.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Wrong... Your religion is control you from seeing the truth.

Could the same be said of you? What religious "box" do you live in?

You seem so sure of yourself, but you are very often "wrong", whilst accusing others of being "wrong". :foot:

1st chapter only God (Elohim) is used. This is the name we should know above all other names.
Elohim is not a name. Like "God" it can be a reference to Jehovah with a capital letter or to a god. (no capital) denoting other gods. It is not a name. It's a title.

Have you read any good books lately? How many of them were written by "Author"? :shrug:

Names of God
ELOHIM: (GOD) Ex.33:34
God’s goodness, his nature (name, character, authority)

YAHVAH, YAHVAH-EL of compassion and favor, Slow to anger & abundant in loving kindness & faithfulness: keeping loving kindness to a thousand generations, forgetting iniquity and transgression and sin, though leave not utterly unpunished. Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon sons’ sons, unto a third & forth generation. Ex. 34: Rotherham

Exodus 34:6 from the Complete Jewish Bible....

"Adonai passed before him and proclaimed: “YUD-HEH-VAV-HEH!!! Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [Adonai] is God, merciful and compassionate, slow to anger, rich in grace and truth; "

No other name is attached here, just YHWH. (YUD-HEH-VAV-HEH) Note the capitalization here in this translation along with the exclamation marks.

ELOHIM Heb. To “swear”, It describes one who stands in a covenant-relationship ratified by an oath.
Now its our turn to say "WRONG" ! :eek:

God is not only teaching His Word but also His Nature.
Jehovah T’ Sidkinu, The LORD OUR Righteousness (Jer. 23:6)
Jehovah M’ Kaddesh, The Lord Who Sanctifies (Lev. 20:7)
Jehovah Shalom, The Lord our peace (Judges 6:24)
Jehovah Shammah, The Lord our ever Present God (Ezek. 48:35)
Jehovah Rapha, The Lord our Healer (Ezek. 15:26)
Jehovah Jireh, The Lord our provider (Gen. 22:14)
Jehovah Nissi, The Lord our Victory (Ex. 17:15)
Jehovah Rohi, The Lord our Shepherd (Ps. 23:1)
Jehovah T’sur, The Lord our Strength (Ps. 19:14)

Never is the name Jehovah used unless there is another name attached to it.
I beg to differ.

When Moses asked for God's name...."God said further to Moshe, “Say this to the people of Isra’el: ‘Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [Adonai], the God of your fathers, the God of Avraham, the God of Yitz’chak and the God of Ya‘akov, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever; this is how I am to be remembered generation after generation." (Ex 3:15)
In the Psalms alone YHWH is found over 800 times. Jeremiah uses the divine name over 700 times. There are many names that incorporate the divine name as part of its meaning but the divine name appears without another name attached to it quite often.

You really need to do some better research.

Benoni

Could the same be said of you? What religious "box" do you live in?

You seem so sure of yourself, but you are very often "wrong", whilst accusing others of being "wrong". :foot:

Elohim is not a name. Like "God" it can be a reference to Jehovah with a capital letter or to a god. (no capital) denoting other gods. It is not a name. It's a title.

Have you read any good books lately? How many of them were written by "Author"? :shrug:

Exodus 34:6 from the Complete Jewish Bible....

"Adonai passed before him and proclaimed: “YUD-HEH-VAV-HEH!!! Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [Adonai] is God, merciful and compassionate, slow to anger, rich in grace and truth; "

No other name is attached here, just YHWH. (YUD-HEH-VAV-HEH) Note the capitalization here in this translation along with the exclamation marks.

Now its our turn to say "WRONG" ! :eek:

I beg to differ.

When Moses asked for God's name...."God said further to Moshe, “Say this to the people of Isra’el: ‘Yud-Heh-Vav-Heh [Adonai], the God of your fathers, the God of Avraham, the God of Yitz’chak and the God of Ya‘akov, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever; this is how I am to be remembered generation after generation." (Ex 3:15)
In the Psalms alone YHWH is found over 800 times. Jeremiah uses the divine name over 700 times. There are many names that incorporate the divine name as part of its meaning but the divine name appears without another name attached to it quite often.

You really need to do some better research.

I am not. I reject all religions just like Jesus. Sure I can be wrong but at least I am seeking truth and not defending some dead religious dogma that does not line up to God’s Word.
HOGWASH… You are so locked in your JW box which depends totally on the name of Jehovah that you cannot see beyond JW walls. Show me in scripture where it says all these other names are titles.
Do you see why the words LORD God (Jehovah-Elohim) are used together? The Jews were actually afraid to pronounce "Jehovah" by itself. They would read "Adonai" instead, or "Elohim", for they knew Jehovah was the aspect of God’s nature that would judge their unrighteousness.

Our Father would have us to understand that what He is in his Being and how He expresses that Being must go hand-in-hand or we do not see Him truly. When He judges, it is not without love and mercy! He must judge, but it is for our good, not for punishment —but to correct us!

"Adonai" is the plural of the Hebrew word "adon" which means "lord" or "master." It is not the same word LORD as refers to Jehovah, which name the Jews were careful never to pronounce.

The first time we meet this word in scripture is just after Abram had met Melchisedek. ". . . the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward." Encouraged by this comforting word, Abram entreats the Lord about his childless state. For the first time, he uses the words, "Lord God, or Adonai Elohim as he pleads with the Lord, who is his Master, to keep His promise unto him concerning his seed. "Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and lo, one born in my house (a servant) is mine heir" Gen. 15:3. The Lord heard his cry and made a covenant with him concerning his seed which was much greater than he had imagined!

Again, when Abram is entreating the Lord over the judgment of Sodom, he uses the name Lord, or Adonai. "And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes: Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five?" Gen. 18:27,28.
Abram is making intercession on the basis of relationship — that the Lord is his Master and Husband. He does not use the name "LORD" which is the name of the One speaking to him, for the capital-letter "LORD" refers to Jehovah, who is "the righteous Judge." The Judge has come down to judge Sodom because its sin was very grievous unto Him. He honored Abraham’s intercession and agreed to spare the two wicked cities if only ten righteous could be found there. In His judgments, He remembers mercy!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not. I reject all religions just like Jesus. Sure I can be wrong but at least I am seeking truth and not defending some dead religious dogma that does not line up to God’s Word.
HOGWASH… You are so locked in your JW box which depends totally on the name of Jehovah that you cannot see beyond JW walls. Show me in scripture where it says all these other names are titles.
Do you see why the words LORD God (Jehovah-Elohim) are used together? The Jews were actually afraid to pronounce "Jehovah" by itself. They would read "Adonai" instead, or "Elohim", for they knew Jehovah was the aspect of God’s nature that would judge their unrighteousness.

Our Father would have us to understand that what He is in his Being and how He expresses that Being must go hand-in-hand or we do not see Him truly. When He judges, it is not without love and mercy! He must judge, but it is for our good, not for punishment —but to correct us!

"Adonai" is the plural of the Hebrew word "adon" which means "lord" or "master." It is not the same word LORD as refers to Jehovah, which name the Jews were careful never to pronounce.

The first time we meet this word in scripture is just after Abram had met Melchisedek. ". . . the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward." Encouraged by this comforting word, Abram entreats the Lord about his childless state. For the first time, he uses the words, "Lord God, or Adonai Elohim as he pleads with the Lord, who is his Master, to keep His promise unto him concerning his seed. "Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and lo, one born in my house (a servant) is mine heir" Gen. 15:3. The Lord heard his cry and made a covenant with him concerning his seed which was much greater than he had imagined!

Again, when Abram is entreating the Lord over the judgment of Sodom, he uses the name Lord, or Adonai. "And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes: Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five?" Gen. 18:27,28.
Abram is making intercession on the basis of relationship — that the Lord is his Master and Husband. He does not use the name "LORD" which is the name of the One speaking to him, for the capital-letter "LORD" refers to Jehovah, who is "the righteous Judge." The Judge has come down to judge Sodom because its sin was very grievous unto Him. He honored Abraham’s intercession and agreed to spare the two wicked cities if only ten righteous could be found there. In His judgments, He remembers mercy!

Good post. I think I understand what you are saying.

Loyal witnesses will not accept anything to believe unless it comes from their governing body. They are taught to go along with the wisdom that is revealed at the right time. The only one who is able to provide it at the right time is the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses according to Them. To believe contrary to the governing body is considered by them as getting ahead of the things written. (2 John 1:9 - Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.) (1 Corinthians 4:6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.)

Benoni

Good post. I think I understand what you are saying.

Loyal witnesses will not accept anything to believe unless it comes from their governing body. They are taught to go along with the wisdom that is revealed at the right time. The only one who is able to provide it at the right time is the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses according to Them. To believe contrary to the governing body is considered by them as getting ahead of the things written. (2 John 1:9 - Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.) (1 Corinthians 4:6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.)

Amen. I have learned long ago we cannot contain the deepness and awesomeness of God in a manmade religious box. How hungry are you for God; how deep do you dare to probe, where your limits of God is in what you perceive who He is.

I read an article a while back from a man I respect as and believe anointed of God in many way. This man spoke of a dream he had where he was sitting at a table full of spiritual food, across the table was Jesus. They just sat there eating all this food which was right in front of them. As they sat there the man sup with Jesus, he noticed Billy Graham come to the table get a plate full of spiritual food, and he left. This happened over and over as he noticed many well-known deep men of God eat from this table and then leave.

He then asks Jesus why they leaved after so little when there was so much to eat. Jesus replied to Him, they were satisfied. I had an experience happen to me where for a time I feasted and feasted on some deep anointed literature; let me tell you something; I am satisfied; sure I want more.

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if ANY MAN hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to HIM and sup with HIM and he with ME.' The church of the last days is the church of the INDIVIDUAL. It is the individual believer with a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP to Christ. For the man who will forsake ALL ELSE and sup with Christ this is an age of glory, an hour of preparation such as we have never known. This is a time when the Spirit of God is speaking TO YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL. He seeks to sup and dine and feast with you apart from all the religious confusion about us. It is a glorious day when we see the promise that is ours in this hour"

The religious Mind:

Then we have the religious mind, which is far closer to carnal them spiritual; this mind is not open unless you agree with their preconceived idealism, being it Catholic, Pentecostal, JW, Baptist this mind has the mind of whatever agenda listed above or one of the twenty thousand sisters of Babylon. They say they are following Christ (which means anointing) but in reality all they know is their preconceived bias.

God’s Word is like a river that flows:

Ezekiel 47: 4Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.

5Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.
How deep is your river; up to your ankles or knees; or is it so deep and mighty all you can do is float as if flows and gets deep and wider continually.
I cannot and will not fit God’s Word in a manmade box; it is like a river that flows and gets deeper and deeper; in fact so deep at times you cannot no longer stand; that is where faith comes in.

Jeremiah 2:13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can
Hold no water.

I look around at the vast majority of God’s awesome people who remind me more of Lawyers defending the law according to the way they have been taught no matter how evil the law is. There is no room in their religious brain to dig deeper, or explore the most awesome book ever written; words like “new” scare them.

Broken Cisterns is all they have; Jeremiah had it totally right. To look beyond those man made principles is so contrary to established creeds and doctrine; they are just like the Catholic Church in the Dark Ages. Luther was a man who was called of God; Luther was not perfect; but Luther did something most Christians refuse to do; hear God and walk with the principles God had given Him. Lutherans today hear Luther and walk with the principle Luther taught them, and do not comprehend God’s Spirit has moved beyond Luther and his dead creed and dogmas. The Bible is not a law Book; but a living moving book that goes beyond the principles man made established icons.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd like to say another word about Hebrews 10:25. It says that some forsake the "gathering together". I believe what it means when conpared to 2 John 1:9 is some do not "continue" in the teaching of Christ. ( whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.) They substitute human teachers for the Helper that Jesus promised to send. (John 16:7,8) The Helper gathers the sheep together to be one with Christ. One with Christ in Flesh? No. One with him for the will of God. One purpose. What is it? 1 Corinthians 15:24,25.

Benoni

I'd like to say another word about Hebrews 10:25. It says that some forsake the "gathering together". I believe what it means when conpared to 2 John 1:9 is some do not "continue" in the teaching of Christ. ( whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.) They substitute human teachers for the Helper that Jesus promised to send. (John 16:7,8) The Helper gathers the sheep together to be one with Christ. One with Christ in Flesh? No. One with him for the will of God. One purpose. What is it? 1 Corinthians 15:24,25.
The word Chrsit means anointing. Most believer follow POpes, preachers, system, religion and reject the Christ with in them.

kjw47

In John 17---Jesus taught the name to his followers at verse 6( YHWH(Jehovah) ( Jesus also taught( verse 3) that he is the ONLY TRUE GOD=( the one who sent him( Father-John 5:30)-- but who listens to Jesus? The JW,s do. --further on Jesus promised to keep making that name known.

Benoni

In John 17---Jesus taught the name to his followers at verse 6( YHWH(Jehovah) ( Jesus also taught( verse 3) that he is the ONLY TRUE GOD=( the one who sent him( Father-John 5:30)-- but who listens to Jesus? The JW,s do. --further on Jesus promised to keep making that name known.
You JW are so hung up on Jehovah you are missing everything else. I refuted your claims already and you think all you need to do and is ignore my post and you have something to say. You know nothing unless it fits in your thick JW walls. Sorry not impressed.