• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes, absolutely!

======================================================
Of course our thinking is different but if he had a dual nature, was he equal to God? And...since you believe he had a dual nature what about the other so-called two Godpersons you believe are God? Do they have "dual natures"?

Oeste

Of course our thinking is different but if he had a dual nature, was he equal to God?

As the Son of Man, he would not be equal to the Father, as he's just a man ("The Father is greater than I" John 14:28). As the Son of God, he has equality with the Father ("Who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped" Phil 2:6).
And...since you believe he had a dual nature what about the other so-called two Godpersons you believe are God? Do they have "dual natures"?
The triune God consists of the Father, Jesus (Son of God), and the Spirit. Only Jesus, has a dual nature (as the Son of Man and Son of God). Prior to his incarnation, Jesus had no dual nature. Neither the Spirit or the Father have dual natures.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
As the Son of Man, he would not be equal to the Father, as he's just a man ("The Father is greater than I" John 14:28). As the Son of God, he has equality with the Father ("Who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped" Phil 2:6).

The triune God consists of the Father, Jesus (Son of God), and the Spirit. Only Jesus, has a dual nature (as the Son of Man and Son of God). Prior to his incarnation, Jesus had no dual nature. Neither the Spirit or the Father have dual natures.
To say that Jesus is equal as a mangod to the Father and holy spirit (which I do not believe is a person) is not equal. The Father is not a humanmangod and neither is the holy spirit described as godintheflesh...and so for that and more I do not believe that God is a Trinity but that Jesus was given certain capabilities from the Father. Thank you for your comment.