• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

jimb

Premium Member
Not always. Nevertheless the wife cannot reasonably say she is her husband. or vice versa. She might say she is one with her husband but she cannot say that means she is her husband.
Judging by your post, you clearly lack understanding. Of course the wife cannot reasonably say she is her husband. or vice versa, and the Bible says no such thing.

jimb

Premium Member
My reasoning is not bizarre. To say Jesus is the father and relate that to husband and wife being one is not reasonable for various reasons. Perhaps later you will see.
What are you talking about??? You wrote: "triparte [there is no such word] as in three parts?? (wow...is all I can say...) Ya know -- woman was made from man. Eve was taken from Adam. She was not taken herself from the earth as Adam was. Does that mean Eve is a man?" That is bizarre!

a) Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Eve is/was a man.

b) Nobody (except you) is relating Jesus being one with the Father to the relationship of Adam and Eve. They are two entirely different concepts.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
@jimb I got the word you used wrong. Sorry. You said "Obviously you don't understand the tripartite God." (Not triparte...I was not familiar with the word)
Here's what one dictionary says about tripartitte -- shared by or involving three parties. -- consisting of three parts. "a tripartite classification"
So- these "three parts" -- oh well -- I'll leave you to explain it if you will. Thanks.

YoursTrue

What are you talking about??? You wrote: "triparte [there is no such word] as in three parts?? (wow...is all I can say...) Ya know -- woman was made from man. Eve was taken from Adam. She was not taken herself from the earth as Adam was. Does that mean Eve is a man?" That is bizarre!

b) Nobody (except you) is relating Jesus being one with the Father to the relationship of Adam and Eve. They are two entirely different concepts.
She (Eve) was taken FROM a man. She did not come about as Adam did. Even though the Bible describes them as "one." No, sir, if they are as you say two entirely different concepts then no point to say that a husband and wife are "one" in reference to the relationship between Jesus and his Father. When Jesus said he is one with the Father, he certainly did not mean he was the Father and/or one of three equal-type (tripartite) godpersons you are probably speaking of.

YoursTrue

That is correct. The Bible does not say she is a man. But she came FROM a man. The man did not come from another human. He came from the soil. She did not. Yet the Bible expresses the idea that a husband and wife are one. Does that mean every husband and wife are one, or every man and woman are one? No, I am pretty sure not. But a husband and wife united in marriage are said to be one. How do you view that?

Obviously you don't understand the concept of the Trinity, a.k.a., the Godhead. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are three entities that all are part of the one God.
I don't need to understand something that doesn't come out of the Bible, thanks.

I conceive of God as the Bible describes Him: the Majesty, the Supreme, the Most High and the God of gods. This God cannot in any way be composed of "three entities", as you say. That tells me that we are not talking about the same God.

Actually, I find it ludicrous that some talk about three people and only one God.

jimb

Premium Member
@jimb I got the word you used wrong. Sorry. You said "Obviously you don't understand the tripartite God." (Not triparte...I was not familiar with the word)
Here's what one dictionary says about tripartitte -- shared by or involving three parties. -- consisting of three parts. "a tripartite classification"
So- these "three parts" -- oh well -- I'll leave you to explain it if you will. Thanks.
I have already explained it in post #408 - #410.

jimb

Premium Member
I have already explained it in post #408 - #410.

jimb

Premium Member
My reasoning is not bizarre. To say Jesus is the father and relate that to husband and wife being one is not reasonable for various reasons. Perhaps later you will see.
Beings can be spiritually joined, sharing one identity, and be physically separate. Perhaps later you will see.

jimb

Premium Member
I don't need to understand something that doesn't come out of the Bible, thanks.

I conceive of God as the Bible describes Him: the Majesty, the Supreme, the Most High and the God of gods. This God cannot in any way be composed of "three entities", as you say. That tells me that we are not talking about the same God.

Actually, I find it ludicrous that some talk about three people and only one God.
I don't know what "Bible" you use, but I use the Judeo-Christian Bible, a.k.a. God's word, which says that the Trinity, a.k.a., the Godhead. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are three entities that all are part of the one God.

Your description of God is limited to one-third of the Trinity: the Father. I agree: we are not talking about the same God. Your definition is too limited and conflicts with what the Judeo-Christian Bible says.

Finally, your finding something as ludicrous doesn't make it ludicrous. 1 Corinthians 13:11, "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me."

jimb

Premium Member
No one is closer to the Father than Jesus.
That is your response to my writing "Beings can be spiritually joined, sharing one identity, and be physically separate."?

In John 10:30, Jesus says, "The Father and I are one." He didn't say the Father and I are close! I believe Jesus Christ, not you!

jimb

Premium Member
Since Jesus Christ, the Savior, said "The Father and I are One", that settles it for me. If some people can't understand straight-forward language...

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Since Jesus Christ, the Savior, said "The Father and I are One", that settles it for me. If some people can't understand straight-forward language...
Hello jimb could we please talk about the identity of Jesus? Another thing do you also believe in the Trinity?

Myself whenever I get, for whatever reason a better understanding of something, I change my thinking, beliefs and actions accordingly.

I only seek to extend kindness to you and Christian love, while we both examine the scriptural evidence especially the words of Jesus. :sparklingheart:

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Hello jimb could we please talk about the identity of Jesus? Another thing do you also believe in the Trinity?

Myself whenever I get, for whatever reason a better understanding of something, I change my thinking, beliefs and actions accordingly.

I only seek to extend kindness to you and Christian love, while we both examine the scriptural evidence especially the words of Jesus. :sparklingheart:

As I see it, the problem is that we try to understand "Jesus" and forget who Jesus was before he became Jesus.

Who was Jesus?

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God, the Word was God.
:14 and the Word became flesh...

Can we start there? He was "God".

Betho_br

f) An analysis of Exodus 20:21:

εἱστήκει δὲ ὁ λαὸς μακρόθεν Μωυσῆς δὲ εἰσῆλθεν εἰς τὸν γνόφον οὗ ἦν ὁ θεός Exodus 20:21 Septuagint (Greek Edition): Alfred Rahlfs, Robert Hanhart.

וַיַּעֲמֹ֥ד הָעָ֖ם מֵרָחֹ֑ק וּמֹשֶׁה֙ נִגַּ֣שׁ אֶל־הָֽעֲרָפֶ֔ל אֲשֶׁר־שָׁ֖ם הָאֱלֹהִֽים׃ פ
Exodus 20:21 - Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (Hebrew Bible, Masoretic Text or Hebrew Old Testament), edited by K. Elliger and W. Rudolph of the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, Stuttgart, Fourth Corrected Edition.

The people stood at a distance, but Moses approached the thick cloud where God was. ARA Version Exodus 20:21

The interlinear of “…εἰς τὸν γνόφον οὗ ἦν ὁ θεός…” is εἰς τὸν γνόφον (into the thick cloud) οὗ (where) ἦν ὁ θεός (was the God). Regarding the presence of God in the thick cloud:

Then Solomon said: The LORD said that He would dwell in the thick darkness.¹ Indeed, I have built a house for Your dwelling, a place for Your eternal abode. (1 Kings 8:12 ARA) ¹ (אֶל־הָֽעֲרָפֶ֔ל, Genesis 2:11, Exodus 9:26, Numbers 21:32, 1 Samuel 3:3, 1 Samuel 9:10)

And as he said this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: This is My beloved Son; hear Him. Luke 9:34,35.

The verb ἦν in the context of Exodus 20:21 is explained by 1 Kings 8:12, acquiring a linguistic advance from “being” to “dwelling,” which is again in accordance with Christian Bible ("New Testament") Theology regarding the Logos and with Patristic Theology regarding early Christianity:

That is, God was within the Anointed One, reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:19

Thus, the translation of John 1:1-3 reads:

The Logos was dwelling at the beginning, and the Logos was dwelling with God, and God was dwelling in the Logos.
He was dwelling at the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Sure, it can be interpreted that way (GOD), but it can also be interpreted as "god," an elohim, and this includes "a human judge imbued with divine power," and it can also be translated as "God dwelt in Jesus."