• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

jimb

Premium Member
God is obviously speaking to someone when He--God--said, "Let us make man in our image..." It is clear that the one God was speaking to was like God because He said, in "our image"). So when God said to the other let us make man in our image, He was speaking to someone who was similar.
Your logic doesn't hold up. It is clear that the one God the Father was speaking to was also God because He said, in "our image". Not similar, identical.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
There is only one true God. He designates who he wants to speak in his name.

We all speak, whether in accuracy or in error. I guess our error or our unknowing is what destroys us ... Lack of knowledge Hosea 4:6. I view God to be the end all, be all authority, and in that authority are many ministers or representatives. Romans 13 alludes to this. Sometimes we go through life with blinders on or wool over our eyes, preventing us from seeing clearly enough to understand what we need to understand as God's children. They block our understanding and our ability to know and understand things until we are able to see past that which blocks or prevents us from seeing clearly.

Is Jesus God? Yes, but so are we, as is everything else. We live and move and have our being in God, (Acts) and God also lives in us as a quickening, life-giving spirit. The holy spirit is "truth" and an honest spirit. "The holy spirit of "truth". It guides us into all truth, but it's a process of growing in wisdom and stature as we live, learn, grow and experience life as individuals just as Jesus did. Our life is our personal relationship as children of God, who live in God, and God in us.

jimb

Premium Member
We all speak, whether in accuracy or in error. I guess our error or our unknowing is what destroys us ... Lack of knowledge Hosea 4:6. I view God to be the end all, be all authority, and in that authority are many ministers or representatives. Romans 13 alludes to this. Sometimes we go through life with blinders on or wool over our eyes, preventing us from seeing clearly enough to understand what we need to understand as God's children. They block our understanding and our ability to know and understand things until we are able to see past that which blocks or prevents us from seeing clearly.

Is Jesus God? Yes, but so are we, as is everything else. We live and move and have our being in God, (Acts) and God also lives in us as a quickening, life-giving spirit. The holy spirit is "truth" and an honest spirit. "The holy spirit of "truth". It guides us into all truth, but it's a process of growing in wisdom and stature as we live, learn, grow and experience life as individuals just as Jesus did. Our life is our personal relationship as children of God, who live in God, and God in us.
Your logic is faulty. "We all speak, whether in accuracy or in error. I guess our error or our unknowing is what destroys us" applies to you also.

The Bible never says that Jesus and everyone else (everything else? LOL!) is God. Saying that we live and move and have our being in God, (Acts) and God also lives in us as a quickening, life-giving spirit does not make us God. For example, if I am in my house, that doesn't make me my house.

I hate to say this, but you are not God! If we are God -- which we're not -- why do we need the Holy Spirit to guide us? Does God need a guide???

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Your logic is faulty. "We all speak, whether in accuracy or in error. I guess our error or our unknowing is what destroys us" applies to you also.

The Bible never says that Jesus and everyone else (everything else? LOL!) is God. Saying that we live and move and have our being in God, (Acts) and God also lives in us as a quickening, life-giving spirit does not make us God. For example, if I am in my house, that doesn't make me my house.

I hate to say this, but you are not God! If we are God -- which we're not -- why do we need the Holy Spirit to guide us? Does God need a guide???

One body, many parts. Hands, feet, mouths, etc. etc. etc. Our origin is God, our sustaining life force is God. Our past is God. Our future is God. It's all God and each of us have a function within God's entirety. I may not be the God, but I'm a god, and everything is God and of God, including our experiences, whether they are beneficial or detrimental, pleasant or unpleasant. It's all God and we are children of God, because God is our origin. We are made from the substance of God and in God's image.

jimb

Premium Member
One body, many parts. Hands, feet, mouths, etc. etc. etc. Our origin is God, our sustaining life force is God. Our past is God. Our future is God. It's all God and each of us have a function within God's entirety. I may not be the God, but I'm a god, and everything is God and of God, including our experiences, whether they are beneficial or detrimental, pleasant or unpleasant. It's all God and we are children of God, because God is our origin. We are made from the substance of God and in God's image.
You're a god??? Really?

If everything is God, what happens when you kill a mosquito? Are you murdering God?

I believe that only those who are "born again", i.e., have received the Holy Spirit, can claim to be part of God's family (although not God, but His adopted children).

Ebionite

There is only one true God. He designates who he wants to speak in his name.
But ye [are] they that forsake YHWH, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for GD, and that furnish the drink offering unto MNY.
Isaiah 65:11

What I find interesting is what Jesus said about all the little situations some religious teachers promote but missing the point.
In prophecy there's one that stands out.

And YHWH said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd.
For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, [which] shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.
Zechariah 11:15-16

Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, [he is] a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and [is] as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:
Shall not all these take up a parable against him, and a taunting proverb against him, and say, Woe to him that increaseth [that which is] not his! how long? and to him that ladeth himself with thick clay!
Shall they not rise up suddenly that shall bite thee, and awake that shall vex thee, and thou shalt be for booties unto them?
Because thou hast spoiled many nations, all the remnant of the people shall spoil thee; because of men's blood, and [for] the violence of the land, of the city, and of all that dwell therein.
Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil!
Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many people, and hast sinned [against] thy soul.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the timber shall answer it.
Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!
Habakkuk 2:4-12

Ebionite

I guess our error or our unknowing is what destroys us ... Lack of knowledge Hosea 4:6
He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Matthew 9:13

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
You're a god??? Really?

If everything is God, what happens when you kill a mosquito? Are you murdering God?

I believe that only those who are "born again", i.e., have received the Holy Spirit, can claim to be part of God's family (although not God, but His adopted children).
I would be ridding myself of a bug that is part of God, based on the lack of compatibility and irritation. It would be a defense mechanism. I wouldn't be killing God. I'd be killing a mosquito made of God's substance. The holy spirit of truth is a truth-full spirit and is truth in essence, so to receive the Holy spirit of truth, I'm not allowed to lean on my own limited understanding, I am required to search matters out. It's an honor for me to do so, and it is to God's glory that things are often concealed from us. It's part of the process of coming to know God, truth, and for our ongoing development as children existing within God.

I would suggest you are a god, also, but this premise seems to offend you, so I won't. I will remain true to my understanding of life and our place in God until further evidence is presented able to move me into an increased understanding of Gods reality. Looking from a world the size of a grain of sand compared to the breadth and depth of the substance from where we were created, and as a person who is so much smaller than the world, I imagine there to be abundant room for growth in understanding and knowledge of God as a child of God. Although, I am a very minute and miniscule part of the larger body itself, I am able to claim that I am in God and God in me, due to being created from the substance of God ... the cosmos.

Last edited:

Ebionite

Traditional Christianity doesn't comprehend the set-apart (translated as holy).

They shall be holy unto their Elah, and not profane the name of their Elah: for the offerings of YHWH made by fire, [and] the bread of their Elah, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy.
Leviticus 21:6

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
But ye [are] they that forsake YHWH, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for GD, and that furnish the drink offering unto MNY.
Isaiah 65:11

In prophecy there's one that stands out.

And YHWH said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd.
For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, [which] shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.
Zechariah 11:15-16

Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, [he is] a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and [is] as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:
Shall not all these take up a parable against him, and a taunting proverb against him, and say, Woe to him that increaseth [that which is] not his! how long? and to him that ladeth himself with thick clay!
Shall they not rise up suddenly that shall bite thee, and awake that shall vex thee, and thou shalt be for booties unto them?
Because thou hast spoiled many nations, all the remnant of the people shall spoil thee; because of men's blood, and [for] the violence of the land, of the city, and of all that dwell therein.
Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil!
Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many people, and hast sinned [against] thy soul.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the timber shall answer it.
Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!
Habakkuk 2:4-12
Sorry but I don't understand your message. It's over my head. Take care.

YoursTrue

Traditional Christianity doesn't comprehend the set-apart (translated as holy).

They shall be holy unto their Elah, and not profane the name of their Elah: for the offerings of YHWH made by fire, [and] the bread of their Elah, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy.
Leviticus 21:6
To profane the Name of God is in itself an interesting subject.

YoursTrue

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Matthew 9:13

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings.
People killed Jesus.

True, Jesus is not God. Jesus is the SON of GOD with equal power that the Father gave him. God is actually Jehovah. He gave us his name so we knew the true God to worship. God is a titled name, like president, teacher, manager. There are many gods in the world, so Jehovah wanted us to know the true God to follow and worship. Exodus 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was i not known to them.

Jehovah God is total righteous without sin. So God had to send Jesus in the likeness of sinful man to take the fall and be a sin offering. Romans 8:1 God sent his Son in the likeness of sinful man to become a sin offering.

Ebionite

To profane the Name of God is in itself an interesting subject.
'God/Gad' is the name of a semitic deity of fortune.

People killed Jesus.
That is what appeared to have happened but they failed. The prophetic support for such an event doesn't exist and there is a distinction between the righteous servant and the crucified man.

Jehovah God is total righteous without sin. So God had to send Jesus in the likeness of sinful man to take the fall and be a sin offering. Romans 8:1 God sent his Son in the likeness of sinful man to become a sin offering.
Righteousness is a translation of the Hebrew word for justice. It's unjust to punish the innocent. Paul's doctrine is unreliable because of Paul's defective character as evidenced by his persecution of the disciples, his false testimony and slander, his conflict with James, and his description in prophecy.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
a) I am talking about Jesus' identity.
b) Yes, I do believe in the Trinity.
c) "...whenever I get, for whatever reason a better understanding of something, I change my thinking, beliefs and actions accordingly", so go ahead and change your thinking about who Jesus was/is.
d) I also only seek to extend kindness to you and Christian love, while we both examine the scriptural evidence especially the words of Jesus. :sparklingheart:
Thanks for your kindness, I respect your beliefs that you have learned, to me I really feel we are on the same side, we both love Jesus and everything he says, and we both love the Father and The Bible.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

'God/Gad' is the name of a semitic deity of fortune.

That is what appeared to have happened but they failed. The prophetic support for such an event doesn't exist and there is a distinction between the righteous servant and the crucified man.

Righteousness is a translation of the Hebrew word for justice. It's unjust to punish the innocent. Paul's doctrine is unreliable because of Paul's defective character as evidenced by his persecution of the disciples, his false testimony and slander, his conflict with James, and his description in prophecy.
People killed him. He, Jesus, died. (God does not die, btw...no part of God dies.)