• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
OK… but that is verse 2.

It goes on to say:

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

(If Jesus was a created being that verse would be false. I, as verse 1 says, “The Word WAS God” - then there is harmony.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

God is light - Jesus is light - Jesus is God
God is life - Jesus is life - Jesus is God

John 8:
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him:

YUP - He is God.
  • Please Kenny, don't you feel a private conversation with Jesus and his disciples is reliable and trustworthy words for us to believe in?
  • These scriptures may be helpful? Matthew 13:11, Mark 4:34, Mark 4:11, Acts 3:22, Luke 8:9-10
  • Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did. Matthew 16:16-17
Much Love :sparklingheart:

• And Jesus is the Mighty God that is prophesied to be Born and called Mighty God at Isaiah 9:6, which also agrees with John 1:1
  • The Almighty called Moses a God at Exodus 7:1, Surely Jesus is Much Higher than Moses, Our Mighty God Sent by The one Jesus says is The One True God. --John 17:3

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
  • Please Kenny, don't you feel a private conversation with Jesus and his disciples is reliable and trustworthy words for us to believe in?

Absolutely!

• These scriptures may be helpful? Matthew 13:11, Mark 4:34, Mark 4:11, Acts 3:22, Luke 8:9-10

LOVE those versus. Mark 4 is chock full of truths!

• Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did. Matthew 16:16-17
Much Love :sparklingheart:

AMEN and AMEN!! He is the chief cornerstone!

• And Jesus is the Mighty God that is prophesied to be Born and called Mighty God at Isaiah 9:6, which also agrees with John 1:1

I would never disagree with God’s word and it all agrees with harmony!

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

• The Almighty called Moses a God at Exodus 7:1, Surely Jesus is Much Higher than Moses, Our Mighty God Sent by The one Jesus says is The One True God. --John 17:3

ASV
And Jehovah said unto Moses, See, I have made thee as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
AMP
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Now hear this: I make you as God to Pharaoh [to declare My will and purpose to him]; and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.
AMPC
The Lord said to Moses, Behold, I make you as God to Pharaoh [to declare My will and purpose to him]; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

“as” God to Pharaoh… but not God to the world nor a god to us. Not quite comparable to Is 9:6 which say He IS the might God - not a god to us. He IS the everlasting Father.

I’m sure that if you ask the Jewish brothers they wouldn’t agree with your interpretation.

I always thought of “If a = b and b = c then a is = to c.

walt

ASV
And Jehovah said unto Moses, See, I have made thee as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
AMP
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Now hear this: I make you as God to Pharaoh [to declare My will and purpose to him]; and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.
AMPC
The Lord said to Moses, Behold, I make you as God to Pharaoh [to declare My will and purpose to him]; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.
I agree absolutely with the scriptures you found, it was 3:00 in the morning when I wrote that.

I would never disagree with God’s word and it all agrees with harmony!

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
I love Harmony too, like you. :sparklingheart:

Jesus words in private with his disciples and when he talks to his Father in prayer is my Rock, is my Truth is my Foundation!

I don't think Jesus is talking in parables at all, in these two occasions.

Last edited:

jimb

Premium Member
OK… but that is verse 2.

It goes on to say:

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

(If Jesus was a created being that verse would be false. I, as verse 1 says, “The Word WAS God” - then there is harmony.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

God is light - Jesus is light - Jesus is God
God is life - Jesus is life - Jesus is God

John 8:
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him:

YUP - He is God.
It also says this in Hebrews 1:1-4, "Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also created the worlds. He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs."

and Hebrews 1:8, "But of the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
and the scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom

Anyone who doesn't realize that Jesus is God must read the New Testament until s/he does!

walt

I’m sure that if you ask the Jewish brothers they wouldn’t agree with your interpretation.
Of course Moses is not God to us, this is something that happened over 3,000 years ago, but Moses was God to Pharaoh just like the verse explains.

walt

It also says this in Hebrews 1:1-4, "Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also created the worlds. He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs."

and Hebrews 1:8, "But of the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever
and the scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom

Anyone who doesn't realize that Jesus is God must read the New Testament until s/he does!
Hebrews 1:8 NSB(i) But he says to the Son: »God is your throne forever and ever. (Your throne, Oh God-like one, is forever.) A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom. (Psalm 45:6, 7)

Goodspeed(i) 8 But of the Son he says, "God is your throne forever and ever! And a righteous scepter is the scepter of his kingdom! 9 You have loved right and hated wrong! That is why God, your God, has anointed you with exhilarating oil beyond all your comrades." --Hebrews 1:8-9

Lamsa(i) 9 You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore, God, even your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness more than your fellows. --Hebrews 1:9

Williams(i) 9 You loved the right and hated wrong; so God, your God, anointed you, with oil of exultation beyond all your companions." --Hebrews 1:9

BBE(i) 9 You have been a lover of righteousness and a hater of evil; and so God, your God, has put the oil of joy on your head more than on the heads of those who are with you.--Hebrews 1:9

MKJV(i) 9 You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity, therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows."

link to over 100 different translations

walt

Hebrews 1:8 NSB(i) But he says to the Son: »God is your throne forever and ever. (Your throne, Oh God-like one, is forever.) A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom. (Psalm 45:6, 7)

Goodspeed(i) 8 But of the Son he says, "God is your throne forever and ever! And a righteous scepter is the scepter of his kingdom! 9 You have loved right and hated wrong! That is why God, your God, has anointed you with exhilarating oil beyond all your comrades." --Hebrews 1:8-9

Lamsa(i) 9 You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore, God, even your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness more than your fellows. --Hebrews 1:9

Williams(i) 9 You loved the right and hated wrong; so God, your God, anointed you, with oil of exultation beyond all your companions." --Hebrews 1:9

BBE(i) 9 You have been a lover of righteousness and a hater of evil; and so God, your God, has put the oil of joy on your head more than on the heads of those who are with you.--Hebrews 1:9

MKJV(i) 9 You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity, therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows."

link to over 100 different translations
Jesus words in private with his disciples and when he talks to his Father in prayer is my Rock, is my Truth is my Foundation!

If any verse from any Bible, has wording to disagree with Jesus words when he talks in private with the disciples or in prayer with his Father, I look for a different translation that agrees with Jesus words!

[ I reject wording that does not agree with Jesus words in Private or when he talks to his Father in Prayer!! ] :sparklingheart:
I Don't Feel Jesus is talking in Parables when he's speaking with his Father in Prayer.

Last edited:

Coder

I believe Jesus speak with authority as God Himself.
I can consider a concept that God worked in Jesus, but not the concept of the trinity. The trinity teaching teaches that God became a man and then it teaches that well "God the Father really didn't, but He did, but He didn't, but He did, but He didn't..."

See the typical creed. In one sentence we have: "I believe one God, the Father, the Almighty..." It's a complete statement, a complete sentence. Here, God is clearly identified as one, the Father. Then it adds more. I see it as an attempt to teach the truth, but also include the adaptations for Greco-Roman polytheists.

So, I don't have the same understanding as you with regards to the relationship of Jesus to God, but I have a monotheistic belief about it, as you do. Your thinking reflects purity, including in the search for truth, IMHO.

Last edited:
God is a Spirit and those who worship God must worship him in Spirit. God's personal name is Jehovah. God is a titled name meaning Power.
God is not a man nor the Son of a Man. God is only a Spirit. Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, neither the son of a man, he shall not do it or hath he spoken, and shall he make it good. Joh 33:12 Behold in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that GOD is greater than man.

walt

I can consider a concept that God worked in Jesus, but not the concept of the trinity. The trinity teaching teaches that God became a man and then it teaches that well "God the Father really didn't, but He did, but He didn't, but He did, but He didn't..."

See the typical creed. In one sentence we have: "I believe one God, the Father, the Almighty..." It's a complete statement, a compete sentence. Here, God is clearly identified as one, the Father. Then it adds more. I see it as an attempt to teach the truth, but also include the adaptations for Greco-Roman polytheists.

So, I may not go as far as you with regards to the relationship of Jesus to God, but I have a much more monotheistic belief about it, as you do. Your thinking reflects truth and purity, IMHO.
I agree with you on most points, Thank You for all your fine comments. :sparklingheart:
Jesus is the image of God the direct representation of his very being, the Bible says. I believe when you see Jesus you see God's representation, when you hear Jesus words you hear God's words, he is in perfect Unity with his Father, they are one, Jesus says in his prayer with his father in John chapter 17 we can become one just like Jesus is one with his father, we can be perfected into one. Jesus in prayer says the father is the only true God, so I believe this!
[ even when Jesus is doing his father's work or speaking his father's words, Jesus is still himself! ]

Jesus says you have not heard his voice at any time or seen his form --John 5:37
So when we take all of Jesus sayings and other scriptures and fit them together like a puzzle they really only point in One Direction. The New Testament and Jesus teach this:
  • 1. Jesus is God's one and only son. John 3:16, Matthew 16:13-17 and is called God's son over 50 times in the Bible.
  • 2. Jesus is the one mediator between the one God and Man. 1 Timothy 2:5
  • 3. My Father and Your Father My God and Your God John 20:17 isn't this a privileged message from Jesus to Mary Magdalene to be given to Jesus Brothers the disciples? Also the Bible refers to God as Jesus Father over 50 times in the Bible.
  • 4. The only true God is the Father. John 17:3, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Ephesians 4:4-6, 1 Timothy 2:5
  • 5. "And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world". 1 John 4:14
  • God is a spirit he is invisible the Bible says: man shall not see my face and live. 1 Timothy 6:16, Exodus 33:20,23
  • [ for these reasons evidently he sent his first born son into the world, to speak the words of God, the words of his Father ]

You will find 95% of the scriptures in most every Bible, Teach the same thing!

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, --2 Timothy 3:16

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe you don't have a leg to stand on.
The NT has five versions of Jesus and each of them denies that he's God and never claims to be God. Once again, you'll find some of the relevant quotes set out here >Jesus Failed Right?<

If you think that's not a leg to stand on then it appears we disagree. So far, on what you base your counter-argument is altogether unclear.

There's also the problem of the Jesus of Mark and the Jesus of Matthew saying (on the cross) "Me, me, why have I forsaken me?" and all four gospel versions saying in the Garden, "If it be my will, let this cup pass from me" ─ which I respectfully submit is just silly.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Agreed, but then Jesus was God's begotten son, Adam was not.

No angel is called the begotten Son of God. Jesus is the begotten Son of God.

Jesus is the ONLY begotten Son of God.
Alternatively, the claim is that Jesus is the only BEGOTTEN Son of God.

The Jesus of Mark is begotten as an ordinary Jewish male, then later God adopts him as [his] son, as [he] had earlier adopted David as his son. (He's the only one who doesn't claim to be descended from David, and in fact says a messiah doesn't need to be.) So God didn't beget him.

The Jesus of Matthew and the Jesus of Luke are both begotten by the divine insemination of a virgin. (In a farcical way, those authors provide him with hopelessly irreconcilable genealogies showing that Joseph ─ very explicitly NOT Jesus' father ─ was descended from David.) God is said to have begotten them.

The Jesus of Paul and the Jesus of John both were created in heaven by God as spiritual beings (rather than begotten), pre-existed there with [him], created the material universe (regardless of Genesis) and came to earth in a manner in both cases undescribed, except that we're told in each case Jesus (hence his earthly father) was descended from David. So God didn't beget either of them but created them as spirit, which took earthly form when begotten through standard Jewish parents.