• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Is Moses called the same exact Greek word as Jesus? Check it here for yourself.. what is your thoughts please?

Screenshot 2024-08-10 3.20.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-10 2.16.33 PM.png

Last edited:

Oeste

1. The only begotten son of frog is frog.
And now, there are TWO frogs.
Correct! There are many frogs classified as anura.

2. The only begotten son of dog is dog.

And now, there are TWO dogs
Absolutely! There are many dogs classified as canines.
3. The only begotten son of man is man.

And now, there are TWO men.
Yes! We're on a roll @Hockycowboy! ;:)

It's quite possible to have many men classified as human.

4. The only begotten son of God is __________?

Now there are TWO Gods?

Excellent HockyCowboy!

Logically, the Son of God must be God. He couldn't be anything else.

However, there is only ONE God, so unlike frogs, dogs and men there is nothing to add.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And yet it still applies. There are always the shadow (that which is applicable that is there for that day, but it is the shadow of the real event.

Colossians 2:17 For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality.
Hebrews 8:5 They serve in a system of worship that is only a copy, a shadow of the real one in heaven.
Hebrews 10:1 The old system under the law of Moses was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves.

Psalm 22

Deut 21:23
(shadow) 23. The corpse of the executed criminal had to be buried the selfsame day at all costs. The Hebrew syntax is strongly emphatic. The reason was that the corpse of an executed man was an object accursed of God and would defile the land (cf. Num. 35:33f.; Lev. 18:24–27). The presence of the corpse hanging up to the public gaze, with crime, as it were, clinging to it and God’s curse resting on it, might result in untold calamities. Hence as soon as the necessary amount of publicity had been achieved and other likely offenders had been warned, the corpse was buried, and that before sunset.

(that which cast the shadow) In a later day Paul was to draw from this brief section an analogy (Gal. 3:13). Just as the corpse of a condemned criminal carried the curse of God, so Christ hanging on the cross as a condemned and executed criminal was publicly exhibited as one who bore the judgment of God. He bore the same shame as every executed criminal and was publicly exhibited as one who was accursed of God. To free us from the curse of the law Jesus himself had to become accursed.

Thompson, J. A. (1974). Deuteronomy: An Introduction and Commentary (Vol. 5, p. 255). InterVarsity Press.

Ps. 34:20

(shadow) 19–22. These verses reiterate the main themes of the psalm, and re-emphasize the great divide between those whom God accepts and those he rejects. The sweeping affirmation of 19b urges the mind forward to look beyond death, if such a promise is to be honoured. Verse 20 needs to be taken with 18, which admits that a godly man’s suffering may be extreme; yet God never takes it lightly (18a), and never loses control (20); cf. the paradox of Luke 21:16, 18.

(that which casts the shadow) The ‘scripture’ that was fulfilled in John 19:36 may have included this verse with Exodus 12:46. ‘The promise to the righteous man found an unexpectedly literal realization in the passion of the perfectly Righteous One’ (Kirkpatrick).

Kidner, D. (1973). Psalms 1–72: an introduction and commentary (Vol. 15, p. 159). InterVarsity Press.
I suspect this is one of those situations where I won't be able to persuade you and you won't be able to persuade me.

But I don't doubt the sincerity of your beliefs and I trust you don't doubt the sincerity of mine.

Go well.

Ebionite

He cares for people.
People and persons are different things.

And the one speaking is a person.
No, that is not supported by the text.

For the LORD your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:
Deuteronomy 10:17, KJV

[How much less to him] that accepteth not the persons of princes, nor regardeth the rich more than the poor? for they all [are] the work of his hands.
Job 34:19, KJV

What does that mean?

noun masculineProverbs 25:23 and (Ezekiel = Proverbs 21:21 = edge; on 2 Samuel 10:9 see below) feminine face, also faces (as turned toward one);

c. 1200, persoun, "an individual, a human being," from Old French persone "human being, anyone, person" (12c., Modern French personne) and directly from Latin persona "human being, person, personage; a part in a drama, assumed character," originally "a mask, a false face," such as those of wood or clay, covering the whole head, worn by the actors in later Roman theater. OED offers the general 19c. explanation of persona as "related to" Latin personare "to sound through" (i.e. the mask as something spoken through and perhaps amplifying the voice), "but the long o makes a difficulty ...." Klein and Barnhart say it is possibly borrowed from Etruscan phersu "mask." De Vaan has no entry for it.

freelight

Soul Pioneer
Many years I did not believe in God and had no religion. It was not until I met my wife I seen the light. You see my wife was a Born again Christian and to get on her good side I attended her Church when we first met. I started to read the Bible on my own and I was caught up in the word. When I read the Bible I did not even hear or think Jesus was ever God. It was not until I started attending Church on a regular basis the concept of a Trinity.

Only 'God' is 'God',...... Jesus never claimed to be the Father-Source of all creation, but pointed to a 'God' greater than himself. True 'God' is that absolute reality prior to any name, form, image or personality, but is the universal Source of all those things. As the Urantia Book describes, 'God' is the First Source and Center of all things and beings, - nothing can be or exist outside of 'God'.

~*~*~

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

For the LORD your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

[How much less to him] that accepteth not the persons of princes, nor regardeth the rich more than the poor? for they all [are] the work of his hands.

noun masculineProverbs 25:23 and (Ezekiel = Proverbs 21:21 = edge; on 2 Samuel 10:9 see below) feminine face, also faces (as turned toward one);

c. 1200, persoun, "an individual, a human being," from Old French persone "human being, anyone, person" (12c., Modern French personne) and directly from Latin persona "human being, person, personage; a part in a drama, assumed character," originally "a mask, a false face," such as those of wood or clay, covering the whole head, worn by the actors in later Roman theater. OED offers the general 19c. explanation of persona as "related to" Latin personare "to sound through" (i.e. the mask as something spoken through and perhaps amplifying the voice), "but the long o makes a difficulty ...." Klein and Barnhart say it is possibly borrowed from Etruscan phersu "mask." De Vaan has no entry for it.
Do you actually think that Deuteronomy 10:17 means that God is not a person?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

At this point, Ebioite, all I can say is have a good evening.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think you don't understand it and do not want to understand it, so I will say I hope you have a good night.

How do you know that I don't understand it and do not want to understand it? We never even discussed it.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I suspect this is one of those situations where I won't be able to persuade you and you won't be able to persuade me.

But I don't doubt the sincerity of your beliefs and I trust you don't doubt the sincerity of mine.

Go well.
Thank you and likewise!

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33

Go well.
You have a really good attitude, I like reading your comments. much kindness to you and your family. :sparklingheart:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Hope everything's going good for you Kenn5 y and your wife, if you need anything at all, all you have to do is ask you are my superhero. :sparklingheart:
Acts 14: 15 a " We also are men with the same nature as you,” :) But we are doing well. :)