• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
your words tend to leave out procreation . granted life is something that was started by God.
Yet when that spark was snuffed out it does not come back , dead soul. Jesus using that same power put that spark of life back into many dead, they then again were living souls . he proved he could do it that it could be done. why you feal he cant doing again suggests you doute his abilities.
The soul cannot die because it was created to be immortal.
Souls continue to live in a spiritual body after the physical body dies.
Why do you want to live forever in a physical body? I sure don't.

Those stories in the Bible are just stories. Nobody knows if Jesus brought people back to life in a physical body, but even if He did, the physical body is mortal so it would have died eventually. Why bring someone back if they are going to die again?

jimb

Premium Member
a man can kill and God has the power to put life back into the body that he live again .God can make someone so gone that even he could not bring them back. that's gone ,gone.
God is not limited. He can do whatever He whatever He wants, and it will be accomplished.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God is not limited. He can do whatever He whatever He wants, and it will be accomplished.
Yes, an omnipotent God can do whatever He wants to do, but what you and others, both Christians and atheists, are totally missing is that God only does what God chooses to do, not what you want or expect Him to do. This is logic 101 stuff.

“Say: O people! Let not this life and its deceits deceive you, for the world and all that is therein is held firmly in the grasp of His Will. He bestoweth His favor on whom He willeth, and from whom He willeth He taketh it away. He doth whatsoever He chooseth.” (Gleanings, p. 209)

“Say: He ordaineth as He pleaseth, by virtue of His sovereignty, and doeth whatsoever He willeth at His own behest. He shall not be asked of the things it pleaseth Him to ordain. He, in truth, is the Unrestrained, the All-Powerful, the All-Wise.” (Gleanings, p, 284)

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
I agree with you. :) Sorry this is off subject.. Also reading as much as we can of Jesus words, gives us many pieces of truth that take us down the road to life. There must be a reason Jesus says these words and more like it?

Matt 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you. Matt 6:33 Berean Literal Bible

But he answered them, “My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it.” Luke 8:21 English Standard Version

I think we both love Jesus words so much. :sparklingheart:

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The verse means that the soul who sins shall not gain eternal life... Eternal life is a state of the soul that is near to God.

No soul can ever die because the soul was created by God to be immortal.
The soul that sins will not gain eternal life because it will not be close to God, but it will continue to exist in a state that is far from God.
Humans and animals ARE souls -- they don't possess souls. You don't believe the Bible, and I don't believe you when you refer to the wrong teachings of the Bab.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Humans and animals ARE souls -- they don't possess souls. You don't believe the Bible, and I don't believe you when you refer to the wrong teachings of the Bab.
You read a few verses from the Bible and then you think you know everything...
Humans are souls who have souls and animals have spirits.

YoursTrue

Nope, simply not true. I don't know everything. But I do know that humans were not created as immortal creatures. End of that story for now.

walt

You might wish to consider that the 2 Timothy quote (a) makes no claim of infallibility, simply of utility, and (b) applies to the Tanakh but not the NT, which didn't exist when 2 Timothy was written.

Anyway, enjoy your journey!
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, -2 Tim 3 :16 NIV

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. John 17:17 NIV

You have your way, and I think your way is fine for you, but for me I must use each and every word in the Bible to direct my steps, the way I read the scripture ALL scripture, means the Old Testament and the New Testament, all the holy scriptures. And the next scripture confirms it by saying your word is truth.

We both evidently understand the words differently, either way, I respect your way of thinking, and look forward to reading your comments. :sparklingheart:

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Souls have souls according to what you said. You said humans are souls who have souls.

YoursTrue

The soul cannot die because it was created to be immortal.
Souls continue to live in a spiritual body after the physical body dies.
Why do you want to live forever in a physical body? I sure don't.

Those stories in the Bible are just stories. Nobody knows if Jesus brought people back to life in a physical body, but even if He did, the physical body is mortal so it would have died eventually. Why bring someone back if they are going to die again?
God did not put a soul in any body.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Souls have souls according to what you said. You said humans are souls who have souls.
I was kind of on the run when I wrote that because there was a gigantic thunderstorm and I had to turn my laptop off in case the power went out. Now that the storm has subsided I will rephrase that...

Humans have souls and bodies. The person is the soul, and the body is just a vehicle which allows the soul to express itself.
The soul animates the body while we are living in a body on earth, but after the body dies the soul leaves the body and goes to the spiritual world (aka heaven) where it takes on a spiritual body. The Bible says we will be transformed and that means we will go from having a physical body to having a spiritual body.

1 Corinthians 15
New Living Translation

35 But someone may ask, “How will the dead be raised? What kind of bodies will they have?”

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.
41 The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory.
42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever.
43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.
44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.
51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God did not put a soul in any body.
I did not say that God put it there. The soul comes into being at the moment of conception and the soul is a mystery.

A little bit about the soul:

“Thou hast asked Me concerning the nature of the soul. Know, verily, that the soul is a sign of God, a heavenly gem whose reality the most learned of men hath failed to grasp, and whose mystery no mind, however acute, can ever hope to unravel. It is the first among all created things to declare the excellence of its Creator, the first to recognize His glory, to cleave to His truth, and to bow down in adoration before Him. If it be faithful to God, it will reflect His light, and will, eventually, return unto Him. If it fail, however, in its allegiance to its Creator, it will become a victim to self and passion, and will, in the end, sink in their depths.”

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, -2 Tim 3 :16 NIV
The Tanakh makes no claim to be "God-breathed" (notwithstanding its prestige as the central written work for Judaism), and parts of it are clearly not historical, such as the Creation and the Flood, and of course the more recent controversies over the Exodus story, which seen with an historian's eye has substantial problems. As for its moral authority, I am deeply opposed to human sacrifice, invasive war, massacre of surrendered populations, slavery, murderous religious intolerance, privileged castes, and much more, though I accept that at times in ancient history they've been more or less normal. They are all attributed to the one Jewish god, of course, and Christians say that [he]'s likewise their God (though since the Jewish God was never and is not presently Triune, that argument strikes me as untenable). Christians have also abandoned the covenant of circumcision, something Paul invented for practical reasons in the sales department, which has not the slightest support from the gospels.

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. John 17:17 NIV
That can't refer to the NT, because again it didn't exist when this was written. To the extent that it's not simply rhetorical, it necessarily refers to spoken words that the writer approves and, it would seem reasonable to guess, unspecified selections from the Tanakh which the writer also approves.

We both evidently understand the words differently, either way, I respect your way of thinking, and look forward to reading your comments.
Treat others with decency, respect, inclusion and common sense and in my view it doesn't matter whether you believe in gods or not .

Last edited:

YoursTrue

I did not say that God put it there. The soul comes into being at the moment of conception and the soul is a mystery.

A little bit about the soul:

“Thou hast asked Me concerning the nature of the soul. Know, verily, that the soul is a sign of God, a heavenly gem whose reality the most learned of men hath failed to grasp, and whose mystery no mind, however acute, can ever hope to unravel. It is the first among all created things to declare the excellence of its Creator, the first to recognize His glory, to cleave to His truth, and to bow down in adoration before Him. If it be faithful to God, it will reflect His light, and will, eventually, return unto Him. If it fail, however, in its allegiance to its Creator, it will become a victim to self and passion, and will, in the end, sink in their depths.”
You have your beliefs. I do not share your beliefs. Bye.

YoursTrue

I was kind of on the run when I wrote that because there was a gigantic thunderstorm and I had to turn my laptop off in case the power went out. Now that the storm has subsided I will rephrase that...

Humans have souls and bodies. The person is the soul, and the body is just a vehicle which allows the soul to express itself.
The soul animates the body while we are living in a body on earth, but after the body dies the soul leaves the body and goes to the spiritual world (aka heaven) where it takes on a spiritual body. The Bible says we will be transformed and that means we will go from having a physical body to having a spiritual body.

1 Corinthians 15
New Living Translation

35 But someone may ask, “How will the dead be raised? What kind of bodies will they have?”

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.
41 The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory.
42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever.
43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.
44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.
51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!
I do not believe as you do. Bye again.

walt

The Tanakh makes no claim to be "God-breathed" (notwithstanding its prestige as the central written work for Judaism), and parts of it are clearly not historical, such as the Creation and the Flood, and of course the more recent controversies over the Exodus story, which seen with an historian's eye has substantial problems. As for its moral authority, I am deeply opposed to human sacrifice, invasive war, massacre of surrendered populations, slavery, murderous religious intolerance, privileged castes, and much more, though I accept that at times in ancient history they've been more or less normal. They are all attributed to the one Jewish god, of course, and Christians say that [he]'s likewise their God (though since the Jewish God was never and is not presently Triune, that argument strikes me as untenable). Christians have also abandoned the covenant of circumcision, something Paul invented for practical reasons in the sales department, which has not the slightest support from the gospels.

That can't refer to the NT, because again it didn't exist when this was written. To the extent that it's not simply rhetorical, it necessarily refers to spoken words that the writer approves and, it would seem reasonable to guess, unspecified selections from the Tanakh which the writer also approves.

Treat others with decency, respect, inclusion and common sense and in my view it doesn't matter whether you believe in gods or not .
I listened to every word you wrote, I think you have good reason to say what you did.

Who am I to say anything about anything? I feel I am correct on some things, from my research, I have done. That does not really mean I know that much. Your knowledge and information helps people figure things out, for themselves. Thank you for the opportunity to talk with you, I am not really that good, at talking about Bible subjects, but I do try mt best.

I hope the best for each one of your days ahead. :sparklingheart: