• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Yes, which makes Jesus God.

When a dog begets, he begets nothing more or less than a dog.

When a man begets, he begets nothing more or less than a man.

When God begets, he begets nothing more or less than God.

Why?

Because the begotten are no more or less in nature than their begetter.

So when we beget, we beget what we are, and not something we are not.

There has been no evidence presented that runs contrary to this, and until some is presented, I think the matter has been resolved in a logically consistent, rather than inconsistent manner.

If begotten of man it is man. I see no evidence to the contrary.

If begotten by God, it is God. I see no evidence to the contrary.

Don't get me wrong... there is plenty of dogma to the contrary, but no evidence.

Agreed, but if the Father is a fish, the Son is a fish.

Again, we have no logical, coherent evidence leading us to believe the contrary.

There is an old saying:

1. Show me where Jesus, the Son of Man has lied, and I will show you a Jesus that is not the Son of God.
2. Show me where Jesus, the Son of Man needs to repent, because he hath said something he does not intend to do, and I will show a Jesus that is not the Son of God.
3. Show me where Jesus, the Son of Man needs to repent, because he hath spoken but has no intent on making good on what he spoke, and I will show you a Jesus that is not the Son of God.

Show us these things, and I'll show you a Jesus who is not God.

We needed a mediator who could reconcile man with God. Jesus fits the bill as he is fully God and man.

I'll give the same answer Jesus gave:

Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.​

If Jesus cannot be God because "no man has seen God", then Jesus cannot be man because "he can only do what he sees his Father doing".

So, following Arian Christology, we now we have a Jesus who is not man or God. As such, mankind has no kinsman redeemer to serve as mediator between God and man.

How do Arians resolve this in a logically consistent manner?
I respect your comments but, The Bible is consistently teaching:

• God is invisible, Some Christians claim to have One God, If Jesus is The One God doesn't that make him invisible and unseen?
  • The Bible teaches you cannot see God's face and live, Jesus lived on the earth for over 33 years, I think somebody saw his face.
  • Does it really matter how you slice it? One God three persons, One God One Person, No man has seen this One God at any time.
  • Can you explain your beliefs by using the scriptures below? I extend much love and kindness to you and your family thanks. :twohearts:
Jn 1:18, 1 Jn 4:12, Ex 33::20, Jn 5:37, Col 1:15, Heb 11:27, 1 Tim 1:17, Jn 17:3, Phil 2:11, 1 Tim 2:5, Eph 4:5-6, Jn 20:17, Heb 1:9, 1 Cor 11:3

• I love my beliefs because I can let Jesus do all the talking to explain the foundation of my beliefs, I don't have to say more than a few words. and the apostles can finish explaining where Jesus left off. Do you use Jesus words mostly, to explain your beliefs?

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Why?

There has been no evidence presented that runs contrary to this, and until some is presented, I think the matter has been resolved in a logically consistent, rather than inconsistent manner.
Jesus had a human mother and He was born of the Holy Spirit, but that does not mean that God was His father. God cannot have offspring.

Jesus was the only person to be born of a mortal mother, Mary, and an immortal father, God the Father. That is why Jesus is called the Only Begotten Son of God. From His Father, He inherited divine powers (see John 10:17–18).

Jesus Christ Is the Only Begotten Son of God

A man is human so a man has a son and his son has a human nature - but the son is not exactly the same as his father -- the son is not the father.

Jesus had a human nature AND a divine nature, since He was born of Mary AND the Holy Spirit of God.

But Jesus having a divine nature does not make Jesus God. It makes Jesus a human with a divine nature.

It takes two to create offspring. Jesus was begotten by Mary and the Holy Spirit of God.

Again, we have no logical, coherent evidence leading us to believe the contrary.
If the mother is a human, the Son is human.
Mary was human.
We needed a mediator who could reconcile man with God. Jesus fits the bill as he is fully God and man.
It is logically impossible to be FULLY God and FULLY man.
Jesus was PART God and PART man since he has a human nature and a divine nature.

As a man with both a human nature and a divine nature Jesus was able to mediate between God and humans. THAT is logical.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
If Jesus cannot be God because "no man has seen God",
John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

If no man has seen God at any time that means Jesus cannot be God, since many people saw Jesus.
So, following Arian Christology, we now we have a Jesus who is not man or God. As such, mankind has no kinsman redeemer to serve as mediator between God and man.

Yes, we have a Jesus who is not man or God.
Jesus was a Manifestation of God which is a unique being with a twofold nature - one nature human, the other nature divine.

As such, mankind has a redeemer who serves as mediator between God and man.

walt

If we all say the minimum, and Let Jesus do all the rest of the talking 99%, how can we get it wrong? Jesus is doing all the talking and if we need a little bit more explaining the apostles can add some more insight?

walt

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. NIV

John 9:35-37
Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

Matthew 16:13-17
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” 14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.

John 5:19
Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. NIV

John 12:49
For I did not speak on My own, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.
New American Standard Bible

John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. King James Bible

[ After Jesus rose from the dead, God is still his Father and Jesus is still his Son ] And Jesus says: My Father and My God.

John 20:17
Jesus says to her, "Do not touch Me, for not yet have I ascended to the Father. Now go to My brothers and say to them,
'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'" Berean literal Bible

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. NIV

Last edited:

walt

If we reflect on and consider all the things Jesus said in His Entire Ministry and look for Harmony..
Why Did Jesus Say These Things?

Jn 10:30 I and the Father are one?
Jn 14:9 Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father?
Jn 5:37 You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor have you seen His form?
Jn 17:22-23 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.?
  • Is Jesus trying to explain perfect unity with His Father? I ask everyone, what do you think?

Last edited:

Betho_br

If we reflect on and consider all the things Jesus said in His Entire Ministry and look for Harmony..

Jn 5:37 You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor have you seen His form?
Jn 17:22-23 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.?
  • is Jesus trying to explain perfect unity with His Father? I ask everyone, what do you think?

Genesis 41:25 KJV
And Joseph said unto Pharaoh, The dream of Pharaoh is one (`echadh [אחד]).

Pharaoh had two dreams, two oneiric manifestations, but the essence of the dreams is one and the same, that is, the essence, their substance is the same, and they share the same literal, real, practical meaning. Although I "have doubts" about the book of John itself in comparison to the other Gospels, many Unitarian religions don't want you to know what I just wrote.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

• is Jesus trying to explain perfect unity with His Father? I ask everyone, what do you think?
There is Harmony and Complementarity. The following article helps to explain why Jesus said what He said.

“The Christian equivalent to the Bahá'í concept of Manifestation is the concept of incarnation. The word to incarnate means 'to embody in flesh or 'to assume, or exist in, a bodily (esp. a human) form (Oxford English Dictionary). From a Bahá'í point of view, the important question regarding the subject of incarnation is, what does Jesus incarnate? Bahá'ís can certainly say that Jesus incarnated Gods attributes, in the sense that in Jesus, Gods attributes were perfectly reflected and expressed.[4] The Bahá'í scriptures, however, reject the belief that the ineffable essence of the Divinity was ever perfectly and completely contained in a single human body, because the Bahá'í scriptures emphasize the omnipresence and transcendence of the essence of God…..

One can argue that Bahá'u'lláh is asserting that epistemologically the Manifestations are God, for they are the perfect embodiment of all we can know about God; but ontologically they are not God, for they are not identical with God's essence. Perhaps this is the meaning of the words attributed to Jesus in the gospel of John: 'If you had known me, you would have known my Father also' (John 14:7) and 'he who has seen me has seen the Father (John 14:9)…..

The New Testament, similarly, contains statements where Jesus describes Himself as God, and others where He makes a distinction between Himself and God. For example, 'I and the Father are One (John 10:30); and 'the Father is in me, and I am in the Father (John 1038); but on the other hand, 'the Father is greater than I (John 14:28); and 'Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone (Mark 10:18; Luke 18:19). These statements do not contradict, but are complementary if one assumes they assert an epistemological oneness with God, but an ontological separateness from the Unknowable Essence.”

walt

You are considering some fine words from Jesus, that help us understand Jesus relationship with his Father more..

I would like to add these scriptures if I could please,

John 5:19
Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. NIV

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. NIV

Tyndale(i) 18 And Iesus came and spake vnto them sayinge: All power ys geve vnto me in heve and in erth. -Matt 28:18

DouayRheims(i) 35 The Father loveth the Son: and he hath given all things into his hand. -John 3:35

Last edited:

Oeste

I am enjoying our discussion, but I'll be gone for a day or two.
Hopefully next time you have a real answer to my question:
What do we do with Jesus' God?

What do you mean by "....real answer to my question"??

I answered your prior questions and now you present me with a brand new question as if you asked it of me previously. This is the first time you asked me "What do we do with Jesus' God?"

If you like, I can repost your questions and my prior answers. You can then narrow down on any specific answer I gave. and next time with a reasonable basis as to why you believe it was not real.

In the interim, let's address your new question to me:

"What do we do with Jesus' God?"​

For this, we do as all Christians, or followers of Jesus, should do unto God.

As Jesus commanded:

Jesus said unto him, “‘Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind..." (Mat 22:37)

From what I've gathered from some "trinitarian" commentaries, to stop exclusively worshipping Jesus' Father, Jehovah,

Interesting...

Can you tell us which Trinitarian commentaries demonstrate, advise, or suggest how "to stop exclusively worshiping Jesus' Father, Jehovah??"

you need to ignore Jesus' teachings, with the false justification that he spoke "only as a human."

Aren't you a Jehovah Witness?

Don't you believe Jesus was just a man??

So how is Jesus speaking as a human a "false justification" when there is no other way for a human to speak except as a human???

Jesus was born by Mary. That makes him human. As a human, he speaks as a human. But he was also pre-existent, something even the WT acknowledges, even if they believe it was as Michael the Archangel.

The Word was made flesh. The word was pre-existent. Jesus has a dual nature and as such is perfectly capable of speaking from two perspectives.

Look, if you believe Jesus was previously an arch-angel, fine. It's not a big issue with me.

But JW's tell us Jesus doesn't have a dual nature, and that he was resurrected in a spirit body.

"Jesus was resurrected with a spirit body, so he comes as a spirit creature, not in the flesh." Source

Questions:

1. What happened to the spirit body of the spirit creature Michael when Jesus was born? Did it continue or cease to exist?​
2. What happened to Michael as a conscious spiritual entity when Jesus was born? Did he continue or cease to exist?​

It's like belittling the real Jesus in order to replace him with one who doesn't appear in all of the Scriptures.

I'm not aware of any orthodox Christian Church that "belittles the real Jesus". In fact the comments here appear to claim we make him "too large". As such, I respectfully suggest this may simply be a personal bias.

Jesus was there, even before the beginning, and not as the Son of Man. Man wasn't even around at the time. Jesus created everything that was created, which means he very much does "...appear in all the Scriptures".

Oeste

Hi Walt!,

I respect your comments but, The Bible is consistently teaching:

I respect your comments as well @walt. I like that you used the word "consistently" here which is why I bolded it. I think this is an important element to look for in any bible teaching.

• God is invisible, Some Christians claim to have One God, If Jesus is The One God doesn't that make him invisible and unseen?

Jesus is God in the flesh. We can see flesh. Our ability to see God in the flesh makes God more approachable and less distant.
  • The Bible teaches you cannot see God's face and live, Jesus lived on the earth for over 33 years, I think somebody saw his face.

Jesus clearly saw God's face and lived, so by your logic, Jesus cannot be human, and since we need a human redeemer to mediate our dispute with God caused by sin, then Jesus cannot be our redeemer.

Do you see how quickly your assertion falls apart? Mankind needs a kinsman redeemer. He can't be half human or half God, nor a god or a demiurge. He must be human to mediate our part in our dispute with God. But mankind is not the only party to our dispute. There is also God. Since Jesus is God and man he is the perfect person to resolve our dispute. If he is not both God and man, then he's totally unqualified and incapable of resolving our dispute.

So far, you appear to disagree with the words of Jesus when he says he can see the Father.

Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. (John 5:19).​

How can Jesus see what his Father is doing when no man has seen God and lived?

Why do you tell us no man has seen the Father, when scripture tells us Jesus is the only one who has?

No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. (John 6:46)​
Do you not believe Jesus was sent from God?

• Does it really matter how you slice it? One God three persons, One God One Person, No man has seen this One God at any time.

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". (2 Timothy 2:15)​

If you're telling your flock "No man has seen God one moment," and your flock reads that Jesus is a man that sees God the next, then yes, it does matter how you "slice" the word. Your flock will think the bible contradictory, or that their minister is speaking from both sides of his mouth.

As far as particular doctrines, like the Trinity, I don't believe the issue is salvational. In other words, there won't be a quiz on Judgement Day asking which church doctrines or religions are "true". I'll save that for the "true religion" religionists on this forum, of which their are aplenty.
However, if one is to understand the bible, and is seeking to harmonize bible verses, then I see no other way to do this except through the Trinity.

Otherwise, you simply proof-text yourself into countless contradictions.

• Can you explain your beliefs by using the scriptures below? I extend much love and kindness to you and your family thanks. :twohearts:
Jn 1:18, 1 Jn 4:12, Ex 33::20, Jn 5:37, Col 1:15, Heb 11:27, 1 Tim 1:17, Jn 17:3, Phil 2:11, 1 Tim 2:5, Eph 4:5-6, Jn 20:17, Heb 1:9, 1 Cor 11:3
Absolutely, but I won't here. That looks like waaaayyy too much homework! :eek:

If you are interested in my beliefs, I am Protestant and Trinitarian and extend my love and kindness to you and your family as well.
  • I love my beliefs because I can let Jesus do all the talking to explain the foundation of my beliefs, I don't have to say more than a few words.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2)​

• and the apostles can finish explaining where Jesus left off. Do you use Jesus words mostly, to explain your beliefs?

No, I respect my "Red letter only" friends in Christ, but I think it tough to explain the Exodus by simply using the words of Jesus.

The bible is a thick book of no few words, and if we are to grow and mature we are encouraged to diligently study and be prepared for every good work:

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim 3)​

Nice chat, and as always a pleasure to talk with you @walt.

walt

Hi Walt!,

I respect your comments as well @walt. I like that you used the word "consistently" here which is why I bolded it. I think this is an important element to look for in any bible teaching.

Jesus is God in the flesh. We can see flesh. Our ability to see God in the flesh makes God more approachable and less distant.

Jesus clearly saw God's face and lived, so by your logic, Jesus cannot be human, and since we need a human redeemer to mediate our dispute with God caused by sin, then Jesus cannot be our redeemer.

Do you see how quickly your assertion falls apart? Mankind needs a kinsman redeemer. He can't be half human or half God, nor a god or a demiurge. He must be human to mediate our part in our dispute with God. But mankind is not the only party to our dispute. There is also God. Since Jesus is God and man he is the perfect person to resolve our dispute. If he is not both God and man, then he's totally unqualified and incapable of resolving our dispute.

So far, you appear to disagree with the words of Jesus when he says he can see the Father.

Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. (John 5:19).​

How can Jesus see what his Father is doing when no man has seen God and lived?

Why do you tell us no man has seen the Father, when scripture tells us Jesus is the only one who has?

No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. (John 6:46)​
Do you not believe Jesus was sent from God?

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". (2 Timothy 2:15)​

If you're telling your flock "No man has seen God one moment," and your flock reads that Jesus is a man that sees God the next, then yes, it does matter how you "slice" the word. Your flock will think the bible contradictory, or that their minister is speaking from both sides of his mouth.

As far as particular doctrines, like the Trinity, I don't believe the issue is salvational. In other words, there won't be a quiz on Judgement Day asking which church doctrines or religions are "true". I'll save that for the "true religion" religionists on this forum, of which their are aplenty.
However, if one is to understand the bible, and is seeking to harmonize bible verses, then I see no other way to do this except through the Trinity.

Otherwise, you simply proof-text yourself into countless contradictions.

Absolutely, but I won't here. That looks like waaaayyy too much homework! :eek:

If you are interested in my beliefs, I am Protestant and Trinitarian and extend my love and kindness to you and your family as well.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2)​

No, I respect my "Red letter only" friends in Christ, but I think it tough to explain the Exodus by simply using the words of Jesus.

The bible is a thick book of no few words, and if we are to grow and mature we are encouraged to diligently study and be prepared for every good work:

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim 3)​

Thank you for your comments but, I start my foundation of truth, with Jesus words Alone! Not something you figured out and not something I figured out either!

If you don't have 20 scriptures with Jesus doing all the talking, explaining all the details of the Trinity, I am sorry but I'm not really interested, thank you.

walt

This diagram of the Trinity explains, The Father is not The Son, The Son is not The Holy Spirit, they are all three not each other, but The Father is God, Jesus is God and The Holy Spirit is God. Can you use Jesus words alone to explain this?

I can explain my beliefs about Jesus and his Father, with Jesus words alone!

When did Jesus ever say The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are one God, equal to each other and without beginning?

I like the opportunity to talk about Our Father and his Son Christ Jesus, I really like listening to Jesus words, as a guide to direct my steps. :twohearts:

Attachments

• 1_r5QworYUKJjFwMwxqFTwAQ.jpg
    1_r5QworYUKJjFwMwxqFTwAQ.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you don't have 20 scriptures with Jesus doing all the talking, explaining all the details of the Trinity, I am sorry but I'm not really interested, thank you.
Nobody will find any such scriptures because the Trinity is a man-made doctrine of the church. Most Christians have bought off on the Trinity lock stock and barrel without even thinking. The sad result is that they worship Jesus as God rather than God in spite of what Jesus said.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, 'Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

I might not agree with everything that JWs believe but I agree with most of what they believe about Jesus.
Where we disagree is on what will happen in the latter days/end times and what will happen to us after we die, where we will spend eternity.

Oeste

Thank you for your comments but, I start my foundation of truth, with Jesus words Alone! Not something you figured out and not something I figured out either!

Not a problem, @walt.

I learned long ago, from a rather prestigious Trinitarian theologian:

“A text without a context is a pretext for a proof text.” Anyone can quote a Bible verse, out of context, and make a case for a particular view or doctrine. This is known as “proof texting”.​

He wasn't saying proof texting was all bad, but it can be badly abused, which is why I much prefer Hermeneutics.

So perhaps at some later date when I have more free time I'll take 20 verses and demonstrate how they can say virtually anything the speaker wants them to say.

However I might be much more inclined to do such a thing sooner if you can show 5 verses where Jesus encourages us to ignore the prophets.

It is VERY late... have a good evening and have a great Sunday.

walt

Anyone can quote a Bible verse, out of context
People have been using that excuse, for a long time.. I don't believe anyone can explain all the details of the trinity with Jesus words, whether you take them in context, out of context, however you like it?

My friend rather than debating over this and that, why don't we put our heads together and see if we can make some progress, together on this subject?

Maybe we could start with something we both feel is important that Jesus says? [ In context. ] :)

if we Let Jesus do all the explaining, how can we go wrong?

• you can double check and see if it's taken out of context?
  • you can double check and see, can this scripture be interpreted several different ways?

Last edited:

Betho_br

1) No text in the Christian Bible exclusively proves that Jesus is the Almighty God.

2) The majority of texts support the doctrine of unity.

3) The interpretation of John 14:16, 20, 30 is partially as taught by Basil the Great and Saint Augustine, namely, if the relationship is permanent, it proves the doctrine of the Trinity; if it is functional missiological, it proves only the doctrine of unity.

4) The Catholic churches explicitly declare that the doctrine of the Trinity is a dogma developed philosophically in Trinitarian formulas like 2 Corinthians 13:13 {Catechism of the Catholic Church drafted after the Second Vatican Council & 249.}

5) The verses, almost all very ambiguous, that lead one to think that Jesus is "theos" (John 20:28; Rom 9:5; Phil 2:6) may only be saying that Jesus is a christological Elohim akin to (Exodus 21:6; 1 Samuel 2:25), since the Greek term "theos" God/god is interchangeable with the Hebrew term elohim in the Hebrew Bible and Septuagint.

walt

1) No text in the Christian Bible exclusively proves that Jesus is the Almighty God.

2) The majority of texts support the doctrine of unity.

3) The interpretation of John 14:16, 20, 30 is partially as taught by Basil the Great and Saint Augustine, namely, if the relationship is permanent, it proves the doctrine of the Trinity; if it is functional missiological, it proves only the doctrine of unity.

4) The Catholic churches explicitly declare that the doctrine of the Trinity is a dogma developed philosophically in Trinitarian formulas like 2 Corinthians 13:13 {Catechism of the Catholic Church drafted after the Second Vatican Council & 249.}

5) The verses, almost all very ambiguous, that lead one to think that Jesus is "theos" (John 20:28; Rom 9:5; Phil 2:6) may only be saying that Jesus is a christological Elohim akin to (Exodus 21:6; 1 Samuel 2:25), since the Greek term "theos" God/god is interchangeable with the Hebrew term elohim in the Hebrew Bible and Septuagint.
Informative, I prefer easy to understand words directly from Jesus. Jesus words is My Rock! My Foundation! My Truth!

If you use a Red Letter Bible, all eight of these verses are in red, Jesus talking mostly.

Last edited:

cataway

Why?

Don't get me wrong... there is plenty of dogma to the contrary, but no evidence.

There is an old saying:

1. Show me where Jesus, the Son of Man has lied, and I will show you a Jesus that is not the Son of God.
2. Show me where Jesus, the Son of Man needs to repent, because he hath said something he does not intend to do, and I will show a Jesus that is not the Son of God.
3. Show me where Jesus, the Son of Man needs to repent, because he hath spoken but has no intent on making good on what he spoke, and I will show you a Jesus that is not the Son of God.

Show us these things, and I'll show you a Jesus who is not God.

I'll give the same answer Jesus gave:

Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.​

If Jesus cannot be God because "no man has seen God", then Jesus cannot be man because "he can only do what he sees his Father doing".

A dog, A man, A fish you forgot A god

jimb

Premium Member

• Is Jesus trying to explain perfect unity with His Father? I ask everyone, what do you think?

Personally, I don't see any conflict in these statements. Jesus is clearly defining His status and His relationship to/with His Father. (BTW, these statements are not questions, so your punctuation is misleading.

John 17:22 clearly shows that Jesus and His Father are one. And God's adopted children -- Christians -- are one with them.