• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It is kind of ironic that a Baha'i has to explain to Christians what s/he thinks their own Bible means.
It is also kind of ironic that Christians think they know what their own Bible means, given the fact that Christians cannot agree on what many verses mean.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
That is not only my opinion. Scriptures do not talk so they do not say anything.
Scriptures need to be read and have meanings assigned to them.

Yes, you can use the scriptures to understand every detail of your belief, because in your mind you have assigned certain meanings to those scriptures.
If you are going to find fault in people's words, How is this conversation going to be useful at all?

The Bible speaks to me every time I read it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You have seen me use scriptures only many times to explain my beliefs, You can do it!

You just don't want to. I am certainly not going to believe something just because you voice your opinion.
There is no more to say. I have explained why this is logically impossible but I cannot do anything with people who cannot think logically.

walt

There is no more to say. I have explained why this is logically impossible but I cannot do anything with people who cannot think logically.
How many different ways can you interpret this scripture?

Blessed are they who are meek, for they will inherit the earth. -Matthew 5:5 Aramaic Bible in Plain English

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do you really hear yourself, scriptures alone cannot be used to explain beliefs, and then you quote your holy scriptures afterwards.

How does that make any sense at all?
When scriptures are clearly written like the one I posted they can have a clear meaning they can be used to explain beliefs.

“Know assuredly that just as thou firmly believest that the Word of God, exalted be His glory, endureth for ever, thou must, likewise, believe with undoubting faith that its meaning can never be exhausted.”

But the Bible verses are not always clear, so they need to be interpreted. I can give you many examples if you would like.

What do you think these verses mean?

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why should anyone accept the interpretation of Scripture by the Baha'i as being accurate? There is no doubt that the meaning of Scripture is interpreted through the Baha'i "lens", i.e., it is not objective.
Why should anyone accept the interpretation of Scripture by the Christian as being accurate? There is no doubt that the meaning of Scripture is interpreted through the Christian "lens", i.e., it is not objective.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you are going to find fault in people's words, How is this conversation going to be useful at all?
Pointing things out is not finding fault. Disagreeing with someone on a debate forum is also not finding fault.
The Bible speaks to me every time I read it.
The Bible speaks to me every time I read it but it does not say the same thing as it says to you.
If you cannot understand why I think you need to take a class in the human brain and how it works.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you really believe that why are you on RF?
I said: All scriptures can be interpreted however anyone wants to interpret them, but whether their interpretation is correct is another matter.
What I said has nothing to do with why I am on RF. Why would it?

walt

I said: All scriptures can be interpreted however anyone wants to interpret them, but whether their interpretation is correct is another matter.
What I said has nothing to do with why I am on RF. Why would it?
I know we're both speaking English, but it sure does not seem that way!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How many different ways can you interpret this scripture?

Blessed are they who are meek, for they will inherit the earth. -Matthew 5:5 Aramaic Bible in Plain English
That verse means is a very good example of a verses that means different things to different people.
Tell me what you think it means and then I will tell you what I think it means.

walt

That verse means is a very good example of a verses that means different things to different people.
Tell me what you think it means and then I will tell you what I think it means.
I just read it, the words speak for themselves.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I just read it, the words speak for themselves.
No, those words do not speak for themselves.
Please tell me what you think that verse means.

Who are the meek and how will they inherit the earth?