• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'll tell you what it really means: Everybody was kung fu fighting
Blessed are they who are meek, for they will inherit the earth. -Matthew 5:5 Aramaic Bible in Plain English

I'll tell you what it means.
It means that the meek people who are living on the New Earth, after the New Earth is built by humans, will inherit the New Earth.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Blessed are they who are meek, for they will inherit the earth. -Matthew 5:5 Aramaic Bible in Plain English

It means that the meek people who are living on the New Earth, after the New Earth is built by humans, will inherit the New Earth.
Yes that's your rendition, I cannot do what you just did, I cannot add words.. I cannot add words that explain anything..

I go with only the words in the scripture itself.. Nothing more!

walt

Yes that's your rendition, I cannot do what you just did, I cannot add words.. I cannot add words that explain anything..

That's the way I understand scripture, I have been looking at it that way since 1980.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have been using the English language since I was a baby, conversations that end up in disagreement to me is not a good place.
Conversations cannot end up in agreement when two people have beliefs that are diametrically different.
Whether or not that is a good place or not is a matter of opinion.

People can agree to disagree and go their own way.
A bad place is when people keep insisting they are right and the other person is wrong.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is not what JWs do. They think they know what verses mean, how the meek will inherit the earth, for example.

They add boatloads of words, enough words to sink a large ocean-liner!

Below are some of those added words which lead them to the false conclusion that the earth will be restored to an Eden-like state where physical death will exist no more and dead people will be raised to live on earth for all of eternity. All those are based upon misinterpretations of scriptures.

Faithful to his word, Jehovah God will make sure that the promised inheritance is not only available but also restored in all its splendor. At Revelation 21:4, God’s Word tells us that in the promised new world, God “will wipe out every tear from [people’s] eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.” What is promised is no less than Paradise.—Luke 23:43.

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, “Verily I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with Me in Paradise.”

How could we be with Jesus in a paradise on earth? Jesus is in heaven.
Paradise is not on earth, it is in heaven, and we will be with Jesus in heaven, not on earth.

This is only one example of how JWs have misinterpreted one verse. There are enough of those misinterpreted verses to sink a ship.

Last edited:

walt

The funny thing is that the JW church has added words that 'they believe' explain the meaning of verses.

I said that many times you have seen me use scriptures alone to explain my beliefs, I did not mention the JW.org website.

I use words to express my my beliefs too, But you have seen me so many times use only scriptures to express what I believe, why do you keep debating every word I say?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I said that many times you have seen me use scriptures alone to explain my beliefs, I did not mention the JW.org website.

I use words to express my my beliefs too, But you have seen me so many times use only scriptures to express what I believe, why do you keep debating every word I say?
I am not debating what you said about yourself.
I was only pointing out what the JWs do.

I said: The funny thing is that the JW church has added words that 'they believe' explain the meaning of verses.

cataway

would it also mean those that are not meek would be taken out?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I thought you and I were having a conversation, have you seen me use boatloads of words to explain?

Or do I use mostly scriptures?
Just because YOU do not use boatloads of words to explain does that mean that I cannot use ANY words to explain?

How far have you gotten with the Christians who believe that Jesus is God by posting only scriptures?

walt

That is not what JWs do. They think they know what verses mean, how the meek will inherit the earth, for example.

They add boatloads of words, enough words to sink a large ocean-liner!

Below are some of those added words which lead them to the false conclusion that the earth will be restored to an Eden-like state where physical death will exist no more and dead people will be raised to live on earth for all of eternity. All those are based upon misinterpretations of scriptures.

Faithful to his word, Jehovah God will make sure that the promised inheritance is not only available but also restored in all its splendor. At Revelation 21:4, God’s Word tells us that in the promised new world, God “will wipe out every tear from [people’s] eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.” What is promised is no less than Paradise.—Luke 23:43.

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, “Verily I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with Me in Paradise.”

How could we be with Jesus in a paradise on earth? Jesus is in heaven.
Paradise is not on earth, it is in heaven, and we will be with Jesus in heaven, not on earth.

This is only one example of how JWs have misinterpreted one verse. There are enough of those misinterpreted verses to sink a ship.
I guess I could say some me things about your fellow believers and what they have to say on a web page, but guess what, I don't do that. :sparklingheart:

cataway

All scriptures can be interpreted however anyone wants to interpret them, but whether their interpretation is correct is another matter.
something i am seeing about the Baha'i ,if the scriptures were to be say ,it go's to the left .the Baha'i would be saying see its says it go's to the right.

walt

Just because YOU do not use boatloads of words to explain does that mean that I cannot use ANY words to explain?

How far have you gotten with the Christians who believe that Jesus is God by posting only scriptures?
Okay you can't stand the way I talk so, Thank you for your time I'm done.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I guess I could say some me things about your fellow believers and what they have to say on a web page, but guess what, I don't do that. :sparklingheart:
Are you implying that there is something wrong with me pointing out something from a JW website and offering my opinion?
Last I checked this was a debate forum. If you do not like debates you should not be here.

walt

Are you implying that there is something wrong with me pointing out something from a JW website and offering my opinion?
Last I checked this was a debate forum. If you do not like debates you should not be here.
best wishes have a good one.