• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I agree, but only if we buy into this "Jesus is not all that good" theology.

Well, just to be clear, I believe the Scripture reads "No one is good but God alone".

Not quite.

It makes the Father only as good as Jesus is since both the Father and Jesus are in "perfect unity".

So if Jesus is anything less than good, then the Father is less than good. And if the Father is good, it would make Jesus good as well. Neither the Father or Jesus can be unevenly yoked.

The problem are those who claim Jesus is less than good. That makes the Father, who is in "perfect unity", the same "less than good" as Jesus.

You can't have "perfect unity" any other way.

As the scripture reads: "A little leaven leavens the whole lump". (Gal 5:9)

To have a good Father, we need a good Jesus, and since only God is good, Jesus is God. That would be, as @walt put it, "perfect unity". However, if we have Christians here claiming that Jesus has "imperfect unity" with the Father, I'm all ears.

Is this "unity" perfect or imperfect? Again, you are not answering but dodging the question: How does a no good Jesus answer for our sins, and how does the Father, who is Holy, share "unity and purpose" with a less than perfect creature?
So now, you’re expressing the Father and Jesus as two separate individuals , and you’re right… and Jesus said only “one” was good.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
It makes the Father only as good as Jesus is since both the Father and Jesus are in "perfect unity".
As long as you are bringing unity / oneness into this topic…who else did Jesus say shares that unity? His disciples. (John 17:22,23) So they are good too, now? Since they’re all “one”.

Eli G

So now, you’re expressing the Father and Jesus as two separate individuals , and you’re right… and Jesus said only “one” was good.
And it cannot be any other way, since Jesus uses the personal pronoun ME to differentiate himself from another different person GOD.

"Why ... ME ... ?
Only one ... GOD"

jimb

Premium Member
Does it matter whether one provides evidence(s) or not as to why their Holy Book is inspired by God?
The Bible is made up of the Old Testament and the New Testament. The gap between the OT and the NT is roughly about 400 years.

So the more important question is - through the passages of time, do you think the ‘inspired word of God’ Scripture cannot be misinterpreted/altered (intentionally or not) by man?
Of course the Bible can be misinterpreted (sometimes intentionally). Just look at what @Trailblazer posts if you want a perfect example.

On another note, the source documents of the Bible are ancient, often incomplete, scrolls that sometimes have differences. Then they are translated into other languages, for example, English. (Note: the King James translation that some people rely on is written in archaic Englyshe -- a dead language.

However, in almost every translation, God's message is understood by those willing to understand it.