• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jesus was a compassionatie, super-intelligent gay man"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Rational and logical people know what some twit says, doesn't change reality one little bit. Heaven forbid, next you would have believers start believing atheists and their twisted logic.

Are you seriously suggesting that you employed reason and evidence in forming your opinion here?

LittleNipper

Depends on where in the Middle East, but yeah -- it's always a good idea to be careful when you're around a lot of Muslims or Christians; their religions are very intolerant and violent.

Liberals are so much more intolerant than Christians. At least that is what I have noticed on this forum. Just because someone disagrees doesn't make them intolerant. Trying to eliminate opposing views, is. I don't try to eliminate opposition, I merely try to explain biblically what is wrong with a contrary view.

LittleNipper

Based on the scant evidence we have in the New Testament, it seems to me the most likely orientation of Jesus was asexual. He seemed to love everybody to the same degree regardless of their sex, and appeared to be empathic and altruistic in his thinking as opposed to being dominated by sexual competition.

As for intelligence, there's no evidence he was intellectually more intelligent than anyone else, but considering his teachings on mutual love, respect, humility etc, his emotional intelligence was probably higher than usual.

It sufficent to say that Christ was not interested in sexual performance. There would be no GODLY reason for it in HIS ministry.

LittleNipper

:yes: :clap

Can't agree with that more! Like I said on the other thread, that's exactly the same as this one, who gives a poo whether or not Jesus was gay? It doesn't change what he did, does it?

Yes, it would matter. It would mean JESUS was inconsistant with GOD's WORD. JESUS was of a sex as a human, but was not given to sexual preoccupations. It would not have been in harmony with HIS mission nor enhanced it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's said that Jesus was both fully divine and fully human. But how can Jesus have been fully human if he was sexless? And if he was not fully human, of what importance or significance was his sacrifice?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I think Eltons statement is spot on. For Elton.
Jesus because of his humanity offers a path (and not the only one!) to the awareness inside, to God within. I believe that in striving to become all that we can be introjecting Christ is a most useful stratregy. Not in supernatural terms but in human terms. Sexuality and loving are a core part of each of our humanity. I can't imagine a hetro Jesus would be much benefit to Elton, no more than a gay Jesus would be much help to me. We introject in a manner specific to ourselves, so I'm glad Jesus is super intelligent as far as Elton is concerned :) no inferiority complex there then!!

I think the concept of splitting is very useful in thinking about those who introject a homophobic Jesus.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think folks -- including Elton John -- tend to mindlessly equate certain traits with gay people. However, in real life, those traits are not necessarily associated with gay people. There are a whole lot of cruel and malicioius gays in this world, just as their are a whole lot of cruel and malicious straights. The traits ascribed to Jesus are not evidence of any sexual orientation -- except to those who share John's prejudices.

I agree with this .

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Based on the scant evidence we have in the New Testament, it seems to me the most likely orientation of Jesus was asexual. He seemed to love everybody to the same degree regardless of their sex, and appeared to be empathic and altruistic in his thinking as opposed to being dominated by sexual competition.

As for intelligence, there's no evidence he was intellectually more intelligent than anyone else, but considering his teachings on mutual love, respect, humility etc, his emotional intelligence was probably higher than usual.

Along the same lines of what Sunstone said I dont think that you would have to be an asexaul to posses the traits that Jesus did anymore than you would have to be gay or straight or bi.

But I do agree that Jesus seemed was above average in emotional intelligence.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

LittleNipper

It's said that Jesus was both fully divine and fully human. But how can Jesus have been fully human if he was sexless? And if he was not fully human, of what importance or significance was his sacrifice?

I do not believe JESUS was sexless. JESUS was a male.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
So says Elton John in an interview with Parade magazine, if you can call it an interview. Parade.com features (here) a collection of random quotes presented without context or elaboration.
His take on Christianity.
"I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems. On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don't know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East -- you're as good as dead."

I suppose this makes about the same amount of sense as Dumbledore being gay.

Kerr

I do not believe JESUS was sexless. JESUS was a male.
Asexual does not mean he is sexless, it means he has a lack of sexual drive. Some people, male or female, just are not that into sex.

EDIT:

And to answer the OP, I don´t think he was gay, but it was about 2000 years ago and honestly who cares?

Last edited:

LittleNipper

My own, and unlike the most seriously deluded fundies, I don't attribute my own thoughts to an imaginary Sky-friend.

So you base your values and opinions on your own determinations. Sounds like the makings of a dictator to me ------ but that is only my value and opinion...

LittleNipper

Asexual does not mean he is sexless, it means he has a lack of sexual drive. Some people, male or female, just are not that into sex.

EDIT:

And to answer the OP, I don´t think he was gay, but it was about 2000 years ago and honestly who cares?

If anyone can be asexual, meaning lacking a drive to have sex, then it would seem possible for everyone to at some point to be like that. So we have gone full circle back to choice.