• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jesus was a compassionatie, super-intelligent gay man"

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
If anyone can be asexual, meaning lacking a drive to have sex, then it would seem possible for everyone to at some point to be like that. So we have gone full circle back to choice.

If anyone can be blond, meaning yellow of hair, then it would seem possible for everyone to at some point to be blond.
:facepalm::rolleyes:

Jeremiah

If anyone can be asexual, meaning lacking a drive to have sex, then it would seem possible for everyone to at some point to be like that. So we have gone full circle back to choice.

Maybe Jesus castrated himself.

If your right eye offends you, [then] cut it off and throw it from you... If your right hand offends you, [then] cut it off and throw it from you. - Matthew 5:29-30

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Now that I think about it, that verse, Matthew 5:29-30, is probably where people in the "god-fearing" nations, when they did castrate homosexuals, got the idea.

Last edited:

logician

Since the supposed Jesus was a mythical character, one can pretty well make up any traits you would like about him.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Since the supposed Jesus was a mythical character, one can pretty well make up any traits you would like about him.
Heh... did you know that Jesus had a pet Pegasus that he'd ride to Atlantis (the site of his arm-wrestling match with Hercules)?

:D

LittleNipper

If anyone can be blond, meaning yellow of hair, then it would seem possible for everyone to at some point to be blond.
:facepalm::rolleyes:

If you raise a kid from infant up, that having sex is fun and one can have sex whenever and with whomever, and to top it off you expose that child to a society that says being sexual is what life is all about, and if one demonstrates sexual prowless one will be loved and admired, it is likely that you WILL produce either an adult with no inhabitions or an introvert looking for acceptance. Ofcourse, he/she will not be good for much of anything else...

It really doesn't take a brunette to figure that one out. PS> I'm not sorry I was born a blond. My beard was dark, so I had a natural distintive two-tone affect.

Kerr

It is a preposition. Some people choose to live without sex, that is a choice, but if you are asexual you simply do not have a desire for sex, which is not a choice but a preposition.

If all reference to the holy man called jesus having dated women and been married to mary had not been edited out of the bible by the church, elton john might not have made such a comment.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If you raise a kid from infant up, that having sex is fun and one can have sex whenever and with whomever, and to top it off you expose that child to a society that says being sexual is what life is all about, and if one demonstrates sexual prowless one will be loved and admired, it is likely that you WILL produce either an adult with no inhabitions or an introvert looking for acceptance. Ofcourse, he/she will not be good for much of anything else...
False dichotomy. There are more options besides being a virtual eunuch and humping any warm body that happens to pass by.

For instance, I've seen many versions of religions teachings that describe marriage as part of the fulfilment of what it means to be a man or a woman. In these views, having a Jesus who isn't married but is supposed to be "fully human" would require some serious explanation.

LittleNipper

If all reference to the holy man called jesus having dated women and been married to mary had not been edited out of the bible by the church, elton john might not have made such a comment.

If you or Elton really wish to believe that, the Bible once only said that all homosexuals go to heaven ----- PS> The Brooklyn Bridge has already been sold...

LittleNipper

False dichotomy. There are more options besides being a virtual eunuch and humping any warm body that happens to pass by.

For instance, I've seen many versions of religions teachings that describe marriage as part of the fulfilment of what it means to be a man or a woman. In these views, having a Jesus who isn't married but is supposed to be "fully human" would require some serious explanation.

Not really ---- JESUS is GOD first and foremost. HE didn't come to earth to be fulfilled, but to fulfill...

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

It really doesn't take a brunette to figure that one out. PS> I'm not sorry I was born a blond. My beard was dark, so I had a natural distintive two-tone affect.

So, what has this to do with your claim that asexuality and homosexuality are choices? You have gone off on some wild tangent about promiscuous sex that is totally unrelated to your previous claims.