• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jesus was a compassionatie, super-intelligent gay man"

footprints

Because guilt is the perfect tool for controlling the weak.

Well that and the ad hominems and appeals to the emotion like people like Dawkins, use for controlling the weak and his sheep.

Fear of course is another thing, don't be a believer or you will be stupid and people will ridicule you and call you delusional.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I already did in the post you are replying to. All were modifications taken from Dawkins literature.
This one?

Well that and the ad hominems and appeals to the emotion like people like Dawkins, use for controlling the weak and his sheep.

Fear of course is another thing, don't be a believer or you will be stupid and people will ridicule you and call you delusional.

I doubt that Dawkins calls his fans "sheep", and I think the second part of your post is based more on your misinterpretation than on what Dawkins has actually written.

How about you post an actual quote from Dawkins that you consider to be an ad hominem or an appeal to emotion so we can come to our own conclusions?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Do we know everything with regards to DNA?
Of course we don't. However, do you really think there's a big enough hole in our knowledge of DNA to put original sin into it?

So you're saying that there is a mechanism to get original sin from a man's heart to his sperm, that this mechanism has something to do with DNA, but it's beyond current scientific knowledge?

Out of curiosity, if original sin is genetic, does this mean it's also subject to mutation?

Jordan St. Francis

I believe that Jesus was celibate his entire life. I don't speculate on his sexuality, nor does it really bother me when people do speculate about his sexuality ---that is, when they do so genuinely. When people make statements like "Jesus was gay" I tend to write them off as having some kind of agenda. Sometimes people say this because he had no wife, and in the Jewish tradition this would be strange for a Rabbi. Such people are obviously looking only to post- Temple Rabbinic Judaism, and if they knew anything about the eschatological fervour of Jesus' Second Temple period, they would see that male celibacy would not have seemed strange for a Jew of Jesus' doings in his time.

That being said, I watched the Last Temptation of Christ recently and thought it was incredible. It was, for me, the most spiritually relevant and powerful film depiction of Jesus I have seen, even though I don't agree with every theological implication made.

astarath

Sadly the Christian church has missed another opportunity to mend the damage done to relations with the homosexual community.

A major guy icon confirms Christ as loving, compassionate, forgiving and that he died on the cross for us all and the only response we have is not to affirm what he got right but to focus solely on the statement of his sexuality which quite frankly is completely irrelevant as Jesus' celibacy kinda turns sexuality into a mute point!

A mute point's very apt, I think,
Though on this forum, if you blink,
A vocal point of value may
Sink out of sight without a bray.
A moot point is more like to stay.
So was Jesus or not a gay?
There are some celibates whose way
Of hiding behind closed doors' sway
Is something they alone should say.
If John and Mark had had their way
With Jesus' body night or day,
That would not mean that he did not
Obey the law in normal plot
Of having several wives among
The women who found him still young.
That's not illegal by the law.
And it was Muhammad's (saws) last straw.
The Shi'ite practice of mut'a
Is also possible on string.
Of Christ we can say anything.
But truth eludes the human mind,
It seems among both blind and kind.

LittleNipper

Of course we don't. However, do you really think there's a big enough hole in our knowledge of DNA to put original sin into it?

So you're saying that there is a mechanism to get original sin from a man's heart to his sperm, that this mechanism has something to do with DNA, but it's beyond current scientific knowledge?

Out of curiosity, if original sin is genetic, does this mean it's also subject to mutation?

Mutation and sin go hand and hand...

The chromosomes in the nucleus of a cell contain all the information a cell needs to carry on its life processes. They are made up of a complex chemical (a nucleic acid) called deoxyribonucleic acid, or DNA for short. Scientist's decoding of the chemical structure of DNA has led to a simple conceptual understanding of genetic processes. DNA is the hereditary material of all cells. It is a double-stranded helical macromolecule consisting of nucleotide monomers with deoxyribose sugar and the nitrogenous bases adenine (A), cytosine (C), guanine (G), and thymine (T). In the chromosomes of a cell, DNA occurs as fine, spirally coiled threads that in turn coils around another, like a twisted ladder.
The DNA molecule is threaded so fine that it is only possible to see it under high powerful electron microscopes. To get a sense of exactly how long an uncoiled DNA molecule is compared to a typical cell, a cell is magnified 1000 times. At this scale, the total length of all the DNA in the cell's nucleus would be 3 km -- the equivalent distance of the Lincoln Memorial to the capital in Washington, DC.
The human genome comprises the information contained in one set of human chromosomes which themselves contain about 3 billion base pairs (bp) of DNA in 46 chromosomes (22 autosome pairs + 2 sex chromosomes). The total length of DNA present in one adult human is calculated by the multiplication of
(length of 1 bp)(number of bp per cell)(number of cells in the body)
(0.34 × 10-9 m)(6 × 109)(1013)
2.0 × 1013 meters​
That is the equivalent of nearly 70 trips from the earth to the sun and back.
2.0 × 1013 meters = 133.691627 astronomical units
133.691627 / 2 = 66.8458135 round trips to the sun​