• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John the Baptist accepted Islam

Sees

Dragonslayer
Why we go to university ?
to study

Why we study ?
to pass the exams

Do you think it is kind of entertainment or it is serious ?

Earth is the place for the exam, some will pass and some others will fail.

Purpose...people don't go to a university for it's own sake, but to have further education so they can help people, do a better job, make more money - it's for a life of enjoyment, entertainment, health, and prosperity.

If this life and world is an exam, it still doesn't present overall or true purpose of "why have the exam?" and "why have the people?"

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Purpose...people don't go to a university for it's own sake, but to have further education so they can help people, do a better job, make more money - it's for a life of enjoyment, entertainment, health, and prosperity.

If this life and world is an exam, it still doesn't present overall or true purpose of "why have the exam?" and "why have the people?"

The ones who aren't qualified won't pass,thats my understanding of it.

The world of the afterlife should be dwelled with decent and honest people that accept to follow the laws and not causing any troubles.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Then what their belief about the purpose of this life and the universe ?
God entertaining him/herself.

Sure... why not? I don't know... I've never met the guy. Probably never will. No need for me to try and fill in the blanks with human imagination.

outhouse

Atheistically
Then what their belief about the purpose of this life and the universe ?

Live and love. If you have half a brain

This is where the morals of most religions kick in and follow reality, and are useful.

Everything that deviates from reality is garbage.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Live and love. If you have half a brain

This is where the morals of most religions kick in and follow reality, and are useful.

Everything that deviates from reality is garbage.

Aha, we're here to enjoy life for some few years and die.

outhouse

Atheistically
Are you sure 100% that there is no afterlife and no judgement day ?

Why would there be?

Because some ancient goat herders had no idea of reality and lived mythology said it is so?

You can run with that if you want. But reality has no basis in unsubstantiated ancient mythology in this context.

What is even worse is all the errors reducing the credibility of these books that describe this, making this mythology worthless for life

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Why would there be?

Because some ancient goat herders had no idea of reality and lived mythology said it is so?

You can run with that if you want. But reality has no basis in unsubstantiated ancient mythology in this context.

What is even worse is all the errors reducing the credibility of these books that describe this, making this mythology worthless for life

So your reply assumes that you are 100% sure.

Your reason is the goat herders and errors in the quran.

So what error in the quran that makes you that confidence ?

outhouse

Atheistically
I can tell you the modern man who reforms islam will be viewed in future history as a great man.

And those who get in his way as ignorant and primitive.

outhouse

Atheistically
There is no risk at all in not living ancient mens ignorant mythology told in books with many factual errors, that hold no credibility in reality .

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
But you do. Am I correct?

I'm sure 100% that he does exist and i believe that the messengers have been sent by him but what i'm in doubt about is what will be next,IOW i don't know what will be his plans.

For example Adam was in the paradise then from the first test God sent him to earth to test all souls, the Satan was living in the paradise as well and disobeying God was a reason for this whole calamity.

I think the Satan didn't expect punishment, he disobeyed thinking it'll pass away, but it didn't.

What exactly happened there is the reason that we're here ?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
God is pleased for obeying his laws and will be rigorous against those who disobey him.
It isn't about entertainment.
Of course not. In the Muslim mind, it's about micromanagement, control, homogeneity and entitlement. Like his prophet, he will strike down those who dare oppose him. Which, in my estimation is a pretty crappy way to believe in God.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Of course not. In the Muslim mind, it's about micromanagement, control, homogeneity and entitlement. Like his prophet, he will strike down those who dare oppose him. Which, in my estimation is a pretty crappy way to believe in God.

The prophet didn't strike those who oppose him but he fought who fought him in order to stop him from spreading the message.