• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John the Baptist accepted Islam

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The skulls of the earliest homosapiens (humans) were located in Ethiopia, and date back to 160,000 years ago (not 6,000). Not to mention that the Authors of both the Torah and Quran were not even alive to witness the supposed "creation of Adam."

We know that other types of creatures had lived earth before modern humans and are related to them.

Your Lord is Free of all wants; (He is) the Lord of Mercy. If He wants, He can wipe you out, and have another people _ whomever He wants _ succeed you, just as He raised you from the genes of a different nation.(6:133)

And I will. Islam is not a "special snowflake" religion. It was created by humans just like every other one of the thousands that exist today.

That is the point, the original religion have been distorted by people and they created many religions according to their wills

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Your Lord is Free of all wants; (He is) the Lord of Mercy. If He wants, He can wipe you out, and have another people _ whomever He wants _ succeed you, just as He raised you from the genes of a different nation.(6:133)
The latter part of the sentence is in such contrast to the first part. Given the atrocities that non-Muslims and Muslims alike have perpetrated on humanity, it makes one wonder what on earth it would take for such a merciful being to get involved (ie. to wipe us out). Now, we don't need a god to do it, as we are more than capable of doing it ourselves. That ability did not exist prior to the mid 1940's.

That is the point, the original religion have been distorted by people and they created many religions according to their wills
What original religion? Are you seriously suggesting that our ancestors dwelling in caves and simple dwelling worshiping the Mother Goddess were following Islam? Seriously? Or don't they count?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"A Muslim, sometimes spelled Moslem, is a follower of the religion of Islam, a monotheistic Abrahamic religion based on the Quran. Muslims consider the Quran to be the verbatim word of God as revealed to the Islamic prophet Muhammad." (From Wikipedia)

Adam was patently Never. A. Muslim.

Adam was a Muslim to God and not to Muhhamed or for any other human being.

I know he wasn't, since "Muslim" hadn't been invented yet. I don't know what he was (if anything), since Adam is a fictional character and the story doesn't tell us. In one version, he relates to YHVH. In another, he relates to El. Did he worship either? We don't know, and since you don't know, your argument is pointless.

Adam was a Muslim to God,if you have any evidence that he wasn't then bring it here otherwise keep silent than showing yourself looks fool.

Oh, I understand, all right. I understand that your goal is to misappropriate any biblical character you wish and make that character "Muslim," according to some conflation of terms. It's trollish, it's entitled, and it's dishonest.

I know and that is because you didn't understand yet.

Translation: "I was trying to win you over to my way of 'thinking.'"

Lol, it isn't my way of thinking but still you didn't understand.

There are in Greek. Check your lexicon.

Like Latin and other alphabetic scripts, Greek originally had only a single form of each letter, without a distinction between uppercase and lowercase. This distinction is an innovation of the modern era, drawing on different lines of development of the letter shapes in earlier handwriting.
Greek alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yah. I understand. You're trying to say that everyone who "submits to God" is "part of my religion." What you don't understand is that not everyone who "submits to God" claims to be Muslim, and you're calling them such don't make it so.

I didn't say so, but you still didn't understand.
It is the message of Islam that Muslims follow, such as not to spend the whole night with the prostitutes and drug abusing.

There are such things as subcultures.

All -- repeat -- all religions are human creations.

So you don't believe in God and you try to convince the others to follow your way of life.

mahasn ebn sawresho

to---- FearGod
Muslims say that Adam was a Muslim
And humanity were delivered before Islam
Well
I give you a special theory
A mind only
Proof that Adam is not a Muslim and not a Jew and not a Christian
If Adam is Muslim says it should all human and humans know Islam
Even if they do not know Mohammed
Well
When he went to Columbus to America
There are human beings and peoples native Americans
And also in Australia and Canada
These people from Adam too
Do they know about Islam
Why not tell them their father Adam
Islam is the religion
That your theory is invalid
Ibrahim Adam
Assyrians and Pharaohs, Romans, Hebrews and Jews and Palestinians
And Noah and the children of India and Siberia
Did not know of the word Islam
But after that came to them from the Muslim invaders
Do you know the meaning of my theory
I wish for you to understand my words arold
The program used to be easy to understand Google you have
Enough to scrap it

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Adam was a Muslim to God,if you have any evidence that he wasn't then bring it here otherwise keep silent than showing yourself looks fool.

Argumentum ad Ignorantiam: (appeal to ignorance) the fallacy that a proposition is true simply on the basis that it has not been proved false or that it is false simply because it has not been proved true.

So you don't believe in God and you try to convince the others to follow your way of life.

Where did he say he doesn't believe in God? Lack of belief in man-made organized religions does not necessarily equal lack of belief in a deity.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Great! Change is a good thing! (Although "distorted" is dishonest -- elements have been changed to keep the core tenets relevant.)
Adam was a Muslim to God and not to Muhhamed or for any other human being.
Adam (a-dam) means "man." To assert that Adam was Muslim distorts the meaning of the word. It doesn't mean "Muslim man." Adam, you see, is mat ephor -- an avatar for humanity. To insist that that avatar is of a particular religion would mean that (since the literature existed before Islam), Islam is not the religion that Adam was, since the writers of the story hadn't yet envisioned Islam. If Adam was anything, Adam was of some Pagan religion (according to the originators of the story). What you're saying here is that the very essence of humanity is Islam -- and that's simply not the case, or all the Arabs running around in tribal worship before Muhammed would have been bowing to Mecca long before he showed up, instead of worshiping animals.
See above.
You're beginning to look pretty foolish.
I know and that is because you didn't understand yet.
You guys really like your repetitive, non sequitur replies, don't you? Got anything original ivy way of argument, or are you simply here to troll?
Like Latin and other alphabetic scripts, Greek originally had only a single form of each letter, without a distinction between uppercase and lowercase. This distinction is an innovation of the modern era, drawing on different lines of development of the letter shapes in earlier handwriting.
You're trying to derail the argument. I'm making a distinction between two concepts of the same term. "Islam" can be seen as either "Islam the religion" or as "islam the act of submitting." While one distinction may be involved in defining the other distinction, the general act of submitting to God is not to necessarily become a member of that particular religion of Islam. Most religious people on the planet Are. Not. Muslim. Before God or anyone else. Hindus submit to Deity. Christians are obedient to Deity. Jews are subject to Deity. And none of them claim to be (or are claimed by God to be) Muslim. You don't get to take an act that is ubiquitous to religion in general and turn it into some indicator of a specific religion.

"Submission" generally describes the position of adherents to any deity, and generally describes the "goal" of any religion. But Islam connotes something more specific -- and it always has! Islam began when Muhammed started producing the Koran, which spelled out the specific and, in his mind, correct way to submit oneself. John the Baptist didn't submit in the way laid out by the Koran. No other non-Muslim does, either, because we don't think Muhammed's way is correct for us. Get it?
I didn't say so, but you still didn't understand.
It is the message of Islam that Muslims follow, such as not to spend the whole night with the prostitutes and drug abusing.
Yes, you did when you assert that JtB "was Muslim." Don't be POE.
I do believe in God. I'm content to let others follow their own way. I'm not content to let usurpers like yourself run roughshod over others.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

to---- FearGod
Muslims say that Adam was a Muslim
And humanity were delivered before Islam
Well
I give you a special theory
A mind only
Proof that Adam is not a Muslim and not a Jew and not a Christian
If Adam is Muslim says it should all human and humans know Islam
Even if they do not know Mohammed
Well
When he went to Columbus to America
There are human beings and peoples native Americans
And also in Australia and Canada
These people from Adam too
Do they know about Islam
Why not tell them their father Adam
Islam is the religion
That your theory is invalid
Ibrahim Adam
Assyrians and Pharaohs, Romans, Hebrews and Jews and Palestinians
And Noah and the children of India and Siberia
Did not know of the word Islam
But after that came to them from the Muslim invaders
Do you know the meaning of my theory
I wish for you to understand my words arold
The program used to be easy to understand Google you have
Enough to scrap it

I have said multible times that religion existed everywhere and the message of Islam have reached every nation on earth but the message distorted by people and some nations have been extincted such as Lot's people and Noh because as they rebelled.

We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of good news, and a warner. There is not a nation but a warner came to it.(35:24)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Great! Change is a good thing! (Although "distorted" is dishonest -- elements have been changed to keep the core tenets relevant.)

Of course changing the original message is a wonderful thing, such as permitting prostitution and gay marriage.

Adam (a-dam) means "man." To assert that Adam was Muslim distorts the meaning of the word. It doesn't mean "Muslim man." Adam, you see, is mat ephor -- an avatar for humanity. To insist that that avatar is of a particular religion would mean that (since the literature existed before Islam), Islam is not the religion that Adam was, since the writers of the story hadn't yet envisioned Islam. If Adam was anything, Adam was of some Pagan religion (according to the originators of the story). What you're saying here is that the very essence of humanity is Islam -- and that's simply not the case, or all the Arabs running around in tribal worship before Muhammed would have been bowing to Mecca long before he showed up, instead of worshiping animals.

Wow, that is a great evidence that Adam wasn't a Muslim.
Adam doesn't mean Muslim man.:facepalm:

You're beginning to look pretty foolish.

But you have been for so long

You guys really like your repetitive, non sequitur replies, don't you? Got anything original ivy way of argument, or are you simply here to troll?

No, repeating can help some to understand,i said that you didn't understand because you think my OP is about proselytizing then discussing with you is kind of rubbish.

You're trying to derail the argument. I'm making a distinction between two concepts of the same term. "Islam" can be seen as either "Islam the religion" or as "islam the act of submitting." While one distinction may be involved in defining the other distinction, the general act of submitting to God is not to necessarily become a member of that particular religion of Islam. Most religious people on the planet Are. Not. Muslim. Before God or anyone else. Hindus submit to Deity. Christians are obedient to Deity. Jews are subject to Deity. And none of them claim to be (or are claimed by God to be) Muslim. You don't get to take an act that is ubiquitous to religion in general and turn it into some indicator of a specific religion.

I ain't derailing the argument but i just made it clear that your point of upper and lowercase is a stupid one, that works for modern language and never Arabic, you failed as usual.

"Submission" generally describes the position of adherents to any deity, and generally describes the "goal" of any religion. But Islam connotes something more specific -- and it always has! Islam began when Muhammed started producing the Koran, which spelled out the specific and, in his mind, correct way to submit oneself. John the Baptist didn't submit in the way laid out by the Koran. No other non-Muslim does, either, because we don't think Muhammed's way is correct for us. Get it?

The message of Islam is submission and surrendering in peace to God's will and the universe has one God.

Yes, you did when you assert that JtB "was Muslim." Don't be POE.

The message of Islam is to submit and surrender to God's will in a peaceful way and that is what John the Baptist did.

I do believe in God. I'm content to let others follow their own way. I'm not content to let usurpers like yourself run roughshod over others.

How you believe in God while you said that all religions were invented by humans.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
How you believe in God while you said that all religions were invented by humans.

Say these words... "I believe in God." Take a deep breath, then say "all religions were invented by humans." Simple as that.

Also, a simple Google search on "Deism" and "Pantheism" should provide you with a few answers as well.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Say these words... "I believe in God." Take a deep breath, then say "all religions were invented by humans." Simple as that.

Also, a simple Google search on "Deism" and "Pantheism" should provide you with a few answers as well.

Then what their belief about the purpose of this life and the universe ?
God entertaining him/herself.

outhouse

Atheistically
Still waiting for any muslim to not embarrass the religion as a whole.

Will any ever show up here using reason and logic?

OR will all avoid reality?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Of course changing the original message is a wonderful thing, such as permitting prostitution and gay marriage.
I'm not aware that prostitution is "permitted" by Xy. Gay marriage is a good thing, and congruent with the core message of Xy.
Adam doesn't mean Muslim man.
That's what I said. Why are you insisting that mankind is Muslim?
i said that you didn't understand because you think my OP is about proselytizing then discussing with you is kind of rubbish.
The appropriation of JtB into Islamic religious tradition is proselytization.
i just made it clear that your point of upper and lowercase is a stupid one
The point of insisting that everyone who submits to God is Muslim is a stupid one.
The message of Islam is submission and surrendering in peace to God's will and the universe has one God.
The message of Islam is submitting in a particular way. The assertion of one God is your own opinion, not shared by others.
The message of Islam is to submit and surrender to God's will in a peaceful way and that is what John the Baptist did.
But not in a way particular to Islam.
because all religions were invented by humans.

Sees

Dragonslayer
God is pleased for obeying his laws and will be rigorous against those who disobey him.
It isn't about entertainment.

If God created the universe and people specifically to have worship and obedience towards him - what could it be for other than entertainment? Necessity?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Still waiting for any muslim to not embarrass the religion as a whole.

Will any ever show up here using reason and logic?

OR will all avoid reality?

To do so then one have to be in confidence that he is doing the right thing, you can search for Arab atheists forums.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If God created the universe and people specifically to have worship and obedience towards him - what could it be for other than entertainment? Necessity?

Why we go to university ?
to study

Why we study ?
to pass the exams

Do you think it is kind of entertainment or it is serious ?

Earth is the place for the exam, some will pass and some others will fail.