• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John the Baptist accepted Islam

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"Islam is a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion articulated by the Qur'an, a book considered by its adherents to be the verbatim word of God, and by the teachings and normative example of Muhammad, considered by them to be the last prophet of God. An adherent of Islam is called a Muslim." (from the Wikipedia article)

Neither the Koran, nor Muhammed were around when JtB was alive. JtB was Jewish.

I understand perfectly that "Islam" means whatever you want it to mean to suit your purposes. How stupid is that!!

Yes, and the same religion that called Islam confirms that Adam's religion was Islam.
I know it is hard for you to understand,but just try to relax and concentrate.

Islam means to surrender and to submit oneself to the will of God.
The message of Islam is different in Jesus era than Moses era ..etc

I think it is stupid to think that John the baptist was a Jew while he was a Christian as he followed Jesus, then what was the religion of Jesus, did he stay as a Jew or he converted to Christianity, as a follower of himself or he didn't have any religion,what do you think ?

Actually it doesn't make any sense that we have tens of religions while God is one.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yes, and the same religion that called Islam confirms that Adam's religion was Islam.

I think it is stupid to think that John the baptist was a Jew while he was a Christian as he followed Jesus, then what was the religion of Jesus, did he stay as a Jew or he converted to Christianity, as a follower of himself or he didn't have any religion,what do you think ?

Actually it doesn't make any sense that we have tens of religions while God is one.
At best, using your thinking, JtB could be considered an Islamian, as he was most certainly not a Muslim, as he did not and obviously could not confirm that Muhammad is gods Messenger.

In regards to it not making sense that we have tens of religions and a single god, the point is that the single god aspect is the one thing they agree on. Whether that single god is the same god for each is open to speculation.

My exit question is: Is it actually possible to follow Islam without being a Muslim? I guess it depends on what sense of the word Islam that one is referring to.

Simply claiming that anyone who submits their life to god is following Islam is a bit of a stretch due to the over-riding specter of the religion of the same name.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
My exit question is: Is it actually possible to follow Islam without being a Muslim. I guess it depends on what sense of the word Islam that one is referring to.

It is just moving goal, to suit personal needs.

You wont get to the bottom of it. They refuse to discuss anything that reality crosses religious lines.

Harikrish

All religions place God as supreme and teach acceptance and obedience to God. Islam just discovered that much later than all the other religions because they waited for an illiterate prophet to produce the Quran around 632AD when the rest of the world already accepted God.

Islam is so new to the Muslims that most have not read the Quran yet. 800 million Muslims are illiterate (6 out of 10 cannot read). That is why Muslims believe Islam is the only religion because being illiterate they are unable to read other religious scriptures that were written thousands of years before the Quran.

Sees

Dragonslayer
All religions place God as supreme and teach acceptance and obedience to God. Islam just discovered that much later than all the other religions because they waited for an illiterate prophet to produce the Quran around 632AD when the rest of the world already accepted God.

Islam is so new to the Muslims that most have not read the Quran yet. 800 million Muslims are illiterate (6 out of 10 cannot read). That is why Muslims believe Islam is the only religion because being illiterate they are unable to read other religious scriptures that were written thousands of years before the Quran.

Your major points here are plain wrong :shrug:

outhouse

Atheistically

Is that is all it means?????????????????

No dude! it means much more then that and your playing games, moving goal post around.

Then why muslims murder more muslims then west does????

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

No dude! it means much more then that and your playing games, moving goal post around.

But other religions that do this get the "will" wrong. They are submitting to some other god idea. Only Islam's god idea is correct.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Because it is the signs of the end of times.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Because it is the signs of the end of times.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's what they've said for the past 2,000 years.

"B-but it really is happening this time you guys! I just know it is! I'm suuuuuper serious this time!"

...and then nothing happens and we continue on with our lives.

Harikrish

But other religions that do this get the "will" wrong. They are submitting to some other god idea. Only Islam's god idea is correct.

What good has come out of Islam? It has created 800 million illiterate Muslims in the world. Many will be raped and killed by other Islamists. Muslims are among the poorest and more Muslims live in refugee camps than any other people. Do we need a religion that produces such miserable people?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
What good has come out of Islam? It has created 800 million illiterate Muslims in the world. Many will be raped and killed by other Islamists. Muslims are among the poorest and more Muslims live in refugee camps than any other people. Do we need a religion that produces such miserable people?

I was being sarcastic.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Yes, and the same religion that called Islam confirms that Adam's religion was Islam
That's a laugh, for two reasons:
1) Adam lived long, long, long before 600 c.e., so there's no way he could have had Islam as his religion.
2) Adam did not submit to God, but rebelled, so he could not have embraced islam (little "i").
I know it's difficult for you to grasp the concept, but condescension is uncalled for.
Let's make a very, very important distinction here that will go along way toward stopping the thread:

*The term "islam" (little "i") means "to surrender and submit to God's will.
*The term "Islam" (capital "I") means "a monotheistic and Abrahamic [note emphasis -- Abraham lived after Adam] religion articulated by the Qur'an, a book considered by its adherents to be the verbatim word of God and by the teachings and normative example of Muhammad, considered by them to be the last prophet of God."

One can submit to God's will (islam -- little "i") and not have the least thing to do with Islam (the religion -- big "I"). Adam's not known for his submission. Nor is he known to follow Muhammed or read the Koran.
I think you're trying to cloud the issue.
It doesn't? We have a multiplicity of cultures, why not a multiplicity of religions, each illustrating a particular facet of the Divine, as the Divine is understood by each? Makes sense to me. But then, I'm not all caught up in control issues.