• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John the Baptist accepted Islam

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's what they've said for the past 2,000 years.

"B-but it really is happening this time you guys! I just know it is! I'm suuuuuper serious this time!"

...and then nothing happens and we continue on with our lives.
<running around aimlessly, waving arms in the air> "The sky is falling! The sky is falling! My, what mighty oaks from little acorns grow, Chicken Little! :chicken:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's what they've said for the past 2,000 years.

"B-but it really is happening this time you guys! I just know it is! I'm suuuuuper serious this time!"

...and then nothing happens and we continue on with our lives.

Many things happened and new things is happening as signs for the end of times.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What good has come out of Islam? It has created 800 million illiterate Muslims in the world. Many will be raped and killed by other Islamists. Muslims are among the poorest and more Muslims live in refugee camps than any other people. Do we need a religion that produces such miserable people?

How is that related to the OP ?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
which events and how we interpreted them according to our wishes ?
Yes, in modern political terms, we call it "spin". You can make any situation appear almost any way you want it to look. Likewise, fanatical theists can literally superimpose their baseline prejudice onto events and proclaim, "It's a sign!"

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yes, in modern political terms, we call it "spin". You can make any situation appear almost any way you want it to look. Likewise, fanatical theists can literally superimpose their baseline prejudice onto events and proclaim, "It's a sign!"

And who is spinning the events according to his wishes regarding the end of times and give examples that support your point.

outhouse

Atheistically
This is the same faulty logic and reasoning Christians use when they claim jesus Is the creator god in genesis.

mahasn ebn sawresho

hi--what you say about this medecation

Originally Posted by mahasn ebn sawresho
I give you this prescription
It's the best prescriptions in Arabic civilization======
===========================================

It was his Prophet Bab medication: some guidance to drinking camel's urine, and its milk, proven in Saheeh Al-bukhaari and Muslim, and others, from the hadeeth of Anas Ibn maalik said: (the subunit of his den wakil to the Prophet, vagtowa city, complained to the Holy Prophet said: "If you came out to Apple charity, drink from her urines and its milk", they did, and when they wake up to the shepherds, killed them, wastakwa camels, weharbo God and his Messenger, sent the Messenger of Allah In effect, they were cutting off their hands, legs, the other by blinding their eyes, and cast them in the Sun until they died). And the meaning of agtowa City: disliked the place of harm to them. And when women: (an expression from his den to the Prophet peace be upon him, he embraced Islam, vagtowa city until yellowed happily and ennoble their stomachs...)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That's a laugh, for two reasons:
1) Adam lived long, long, long before 600 c.e., so there's no way he could have had Islam as his religion.
2) Adam did not submit to God, but rebelled, so he could not have embraced islam (little "i").

Adam repented and God forgave him,so he was still a Muslim.
then if you think that Adam wasn't a Muslim then what do you think he was, if you don't know and won't know then your argument is pointless

I know it's difficult for you to grasp the concept, but condescension is uncalled for.

You didn't understand yet.

Let's make a very, very important distinction here that will go along way toward stopping the thread:

*The term "islam" (little "i") means "to surrender and submit to God's will.
*The term "Islam" (capital "I") means "a monotheistic and Abrahamic [note emphasis -- Abraham lived after Adam] religion articulated by the Qur'an, a book considered by its adherents to be the verbatim word of God and by the teachings and normative example of Muhammad, considered by them to be the last prophet of God."

Lol, that is in English kiddo,there is no capital in the Arabic & Greek letters

One can submit to God's will (islam -- little "i") and not have the least thing to do with Islam (the religion -- big "I"). Adam's not known for his submission. Nor is he known to follow Muhammed or read the Koran.

You didn't understand yet.:facepalm:

I think you're trying to cloud the issue.

i was trying to help you to understand

It doesn't? We have a multiplicity of cultures, why not a multiplicity of religions, each illustrating a particular facet of the Divine, as the Divine is understood by each? Makes sense to me. But then, I'm not all caught up in control issues.

But several religions exist in the same one culture, it doesn't make any sense that all religions are true as they have been created by humans.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
How did you know ?

The skulls of the earliest homosapiens (humans) were located in Ethiopia, and date back to 160,000 years ago (not 6,000). Not to mention that the Authors of both the Torah and Quran were not even alive to witness the supposed "creation of Adam."

Of course you are free to think so.

And I will. Islam is not a "special snowflake" religion. It was created by humans just like every other one of the thousands that exist today.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Adam repented and God forgave him,so he was still a Muslim.
"A Muslim, sometimes spelled Moslem, is a follower of the religion of Islam, a monotheistic Abrahamic religion based on the Quran. Muslims consider the Quran to be the verbatim word of God as revealed to the Islamic prophet Muhammad." (From Wikipedia)

Adam was patently Never. A. Muslim.

then if you think that Adam wasn't a Muslim then what do you think he was, if you don't know and won't know then your argument is pointless
I know he wasn't, since "Muslim" hadn't been invented yet. I don't know what he was (if anything), since Adam is a fictional character and the story doesn't tell us. In one version, he relates to YHVH. In another, he relates to El. Did he worship either? We don't know, and since you don't know, your argument is pointless.
Oh, I understand, all right. I understand that your goal is to misappropriate any biblical character you wish and make that character "Muslim," according to some conflation of terms. It's trollish, it's entitled, and it's dishonest.
i was trying to help you to understand
Translation: "I was trying to win you over to my way of 'thinking.'"
Lol, that is in English kiddo,there is no capital in the Arabic & Greek letters
There are in Greek. Check your lexicon.
Yah. I understand. You're trying to say that everyone who "submits to God" is "part of my religion." What you don't understand is that not everyone who "submits to God" claims to be Muslim, and you're calling them such don't make it so.
But several religions exist in the same one culture, it doesn't make any sense that all religions are true as they have been created by humans.
There are such things as subcultures.

All -- repeat -- all religions are human creations.