• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jordan Peterson on Sex

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I get that. In fact, it's almost as if some take it way, way, way too seriously. If gender really is a social construct, what on Earth is the big deal? Gender, as we know it now, brilliantly reduces gender roles to the status of cardboard cutouts that can be added or replaced on a whim.
You may take it seriously, if it was your life, we're talking about.

The "big deal is" some people just want to be treated with dignity and respect, like other people.

I have no idea why you think discussions about gender roles reduces them to "the status of cardboard cutouts that can be added or replaced on a whim." Discussions about changing gender roles have been going on for centuries now. I'm not stuck cooking and cleaning in a kitchen anymore, and I have more options available than I would have in the past, as a woman. And that continues to change as society progresses.
I think these poor people deserve better than this ludicrous affirmation of confusion.
Perhaps that's something best left up to the experts, eh?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think the move from the intellectual shackles of religion towards the inclusivity of spiritualism is a nice step forward. And I see junk science being embraced more by the religious than anyone else. And that makes perfect sense for people weaned as children on the 'junk science' of talking snakes, moons stopping their motion, resurrections, seas parting, men lounging in whales..... Those that embrace such nonsense shouldn't be surprised when voodoo practitioners embrace it as well - or when Christians are drawn to QAnon conspiracies of Nancy Pelosi eating babies in the Capitol basement...... :cool:
You just have nothing is what ia going on. This nation is removed from African religious roots (that's where Voodoo is rooted in, afterall) but it's still stupid amd more superstitious than other Western countries. Americans are less Christian, but they tend to believe in ghosts more often than those of other Western and industrial nations.

Firenze

Premium Member
Still blathering about things you know nothing about. Apparently you don't bother reading my posts, because I mentioned that Voodoo does accept converts. There's no bigotry, either, except from you.

Yes, I will demand that you not call me something that isn't my name and that I don't go by. Or you can get reported by me if you do it again. Up to you.
And if you call me a racist again you can get reported by me. See? I can act all butthurt and self righteous too…

Shadow Wolf

Gender, as we know it now, brilliantly reduces gender roles to the status of cardboard cutouts that can be added or replaced on a whim.
This needs explained why it's a bad thing. If it's harming no one then it's going to take on hella answer to justify "scraping the gender gong show" or it's doing nothing more than enforcing personal preferences on society.

Firenze

Premium Member
Except "I'll refer to you as I want" is bullying. Getting called a racist for posting such obviously ill informed racist nonsemse is what you get.
Your inability to follow my post on religious superstition is a you problem. Whining that it was racist is a ploy to avoid responding intelligently to the claim. I had hoped this site could defend their faith better than the yahoos at CARM. So far, it’s just snowflakes.

Shadow Wolf

Your inability to follow my post on religious superstition is a you problem. Whining that it was racist is a ploy to avoid responding intelligently to the claim. I had hoped this site could defend their faith better than the yahoos at CARM. So far, it’s just snowflakes.
Then why not move on?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
And if you call me a racist again you can get reported by me. See? I can act all butthurt and self righteous too…
I didn't say you were racist, but that what you said implied racism. There is a difference.

Okay, I'll call you little Suzy and see how you like it. That's your new name. How's your day going, Suzy?

Firenze

Premium Member
I didn't say you were racist, but that what you said implied racism. There is a difference.

Okay, I'll call you little Suzy and see how you like it. That's your new name. How's your day going, Suzy?
If that were true, a decent person would have asked for clarification. Instead you chose the low road and let the implication hang there.

You can call me anything you want. I’m a grown *** man. I don’t share your immaturity or insecurity.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This needs explained why it's a bad thing. If it's harming no one then it's going to take on hella answer to justify "scraping the gender gong show" or it's doing nothing more than enforcing personal preferences on society.
You are simply forcing your personal preferences on society too. It's ok because you say, "It does no harm!" Considering people are losing their **** all over the world on this topic is indicative that there is some harm being done, at least on a social level. Why anyone would promote behaviours from a marginalized group that makes them stand out like a sore thumb is mind-boggling.

Hearing people go on about being queer these days is absolutely laughable because being queer no longer necessarily means being gay. Then we have the delightful people practising Gender**** which is literally an "in your face" attack on heteronormative behaviours, as if those practising this particular fetish are perfection ordinary and reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
If that were true, a decent person would have asked for clarification. Instead you chose the low road and let the implication hang there.

You can call me anything you want. I’m a grown *** man. I don’t share your immaturity or insecurity.
There's too much hypocrisy and projection in this post for me to bother with. You had your chance to clarify but you just dug the whole deeper, and had multiple people getting on you for that.

I'm not the one calling people names and being hateful and ignorant.

Firenze

Premium Member
You are simply forcing your personal preferences on society too. It's ok because you say, "It does no harm!" Considering people are losing their **** all over the world on this topic is indicative that there is some harm being done, at least on a social level. Why anyone would promote behaviours from a marginalized group that makes them stand out like a sore thumb is mind-boggling.

Hearing people go on about being queer these days is absolutely laughable because being queer no longer necessarily means being gay. Then we have the delightful people practising GenderF__k which is literally an "in your face" attack on heteronormative behaviours, as if those practising this particular fetish are perfection ordinary and reasonable.
Your argument is the same one used by White Nationalists - “Wah! Quit sticking your blackness in our faces! Why can’t you just go away and leave us to our privilege! We’re the majority, dammit!” Yikes….

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
.Then we have the delightful people practising Gender**** which is literally an "in your face" attack on heteronormative behaviours, as if those practising this particular fetish are perfection ordinary and reasonable.

I love gender****ery. There's a chaotic artistry to it that speaks to my more subversive side. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Firenze

Premium Member
There's too much hypocrisy and projection in this post for me to bother with. You had your chance to clarify but you just dug the whole deeper, and had multiple people getting on you for that.

I'm not the one calling people names and being hateful and ignorant.
I clarified and you were either too obtuse or too entrenched to parse it. But yeah, you should feel better that there were others that agreed with you. There’s safety in numbers.

Shadow Wolf

Hearing people go on about being queer these days is absolutely laughable because being queer no longer necessarily means being gay. Then we have the delightful people practising GenderF__k which is literally an "in your face" attack on heteronormative behaviours, as if those practising this particular fetish are perfection ordinary and reasonable.
People lost their **** over having to sit next to a black person on the bus. Oh well. It did no harm in ending racial segregation. Long hairs, interracial pairing, atheism these too are things people lose their **** over.
Amd being quuer has never been synonumous with gay. Used to be, such as during the days of the Stonewall Riots, L, G, B or T everyone was queer.

Shadow Wolf

Then I apologize.
That a useless and meaningless apology. You're the one who made a post implying countries where Christianity is in decline are too smart for superstitious things. But that statement doesn't reflect or account for trends in America. America's trend is to quit taking in the inaccurate histories of the Bible and start taking in the false history narratives of many Llewellyn published books.