• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jordan Peterson on Sex

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I honestly never thought I would see the day that anyone called you, of all people, a bigot.

If it is any consolation, bigot is one of the last words that would come to mind if I were to describe @Saint Frankenstein
Thanks. That's very kind of you. I tend to dislike humans equally, and the ones I do like are a fairly diverse bunch. But yeah, I'm actually the Grand Wizard of the KKK. My nam is Clayton Bigsby, just so you know. ;)

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I 'insult' the superstition of voodoo and the ignorance it is based on. Just like Christians do.... The only people who would see my insult as based on race would be those who think the ignorance of voodoo is BECAUSE of race - a position I never made. THAT connection between race and religion was made by little Franky. I also denigrate Trumpers - primarily made up of uneducated Christian males..... who are also white. OMG, reporting that fact must make me racist..... :rolleyes:
You actually have to know anything about Voodoo in order to insult it. You clearly don't. You don't even know it's the ethnic religion of various West African peoples - yes, they are black. Sure, some white people and others in the Americas have converted to it and are accepted (as long as they go about it in the traditional way of initiation) but it's a black African ethnic religion. Hence, why you came off sounding a bit racist.

Also, I follow an ethnic religion, myself, and it's not that different from Voodoo overall. So you might as well be insulting my own religion. But you know nothing about them, anyway. If you did, you'd realize that such religions are actually very complex and sophisticated. But what would you know about that. :rolleyes:

Lastly but not leastly, my name is Frank, not "little Franky". Only my friends are allowed to call me by nicknames and you are not one of them and that is not a nickname of mine, so don't go there again.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
Repression causes transgression.
Unfortunately it's like this: the more you turn sex into a taboo, the more children and teenagers will want to have sex not out of romance and love, as a gift, but as a challenge, a chance to transgress. To break the taboo.

In Europe, especially in Scandinavia there is this theory that says, that the more you talk obsessively about sex to teenagers, the more they will be more and more careful about taking that step. So they will idealize it.
I am not aware of Dr. Peterson ever suggesting sexual repression.

Shaul

Premium Member
You may do. My objection is his deliberate blurring between being an academic and a pundit. Clinical work is published in appropriate journals. 12 Rules For Life is an opinion piece.
Experts present their opinions in public forums routinely. I don't understand your objection.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
How does mitigating the risk of STDs and pregnancy decrease promiscuity? That makes zero sense.

I was thinking of Europe...that here in high school everyone talks about sex education all the time.
Like...it's an obsession. And I have seen mothers forcing their daughters to go to the gynecologist and start taking the pill at 16.,
Which can be pretty traumatic for a teen, I guess. They will feel pressured in being more selective and responsible, when it deals with choosing the first guy to have sex with.
In my country the number of teen moms is pretty low, because male teenagers are sexually and intellectually immature (that's a turnoff) and because of widespread sex education and contraception.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I was thinking of Europe...that here in high school everyone talks about sex education all the time.
Like...it's an obsession. And I have seen mothers forcing their daughters to go to the gynecologist and start taking the pill at 16.,
Which can be pretty traumatic for a teen, I guess. They will feel pressured in being more selective and responsible, when it deals with choosing the first guy to have sex with.
In my country the number of teen moms is pretty low, because male teenagers are sexually and intellectually immature (that's a turnoff) and because of widespread sex education and contraception.
I can see sex education influencing people to be more sexually responsible, but not contraception in and of itself.

Shaul

Premium Member
His opinions aren't necessarily informed by his area of expertise, but he presents it as such. The social science of psychology does not, for instance, say that the feminine is "chaos."
But he doesn't say that. He says that religious mythologies claim that. The exploration of myth is, I believe, under the domain of psychology.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I can see sex education influencing people to be more sexually responsible, but not contraception in and of itself.
How seriously is Romeo and Juliet taken in the US? ;)

Chez nous, very seriously.
I mean....what are the odds of finding a Romeo for the girls and a Juliet for the boys...in high school?
0.1%?

That's why people arrive in college as virgins with suicidal thoughts....

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
How seriously is Romeo and Juliet taken in the US? ;)

Chez nous, very seriously.
I mean....what are the odds of finding a Romeo for the girls and a Juliet for the boys...in high school?
0.1%?

That's why people arrive in college as virgins with suicidal thoughts....
What a bizarre non sequitur.