• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legalize Marijuana?

kai

ragamuffin
Cannabis is cannabis. it's the same over here as it is over there and everywhere else, with varying degrees of quality and potency. All you have to do is smoke a lot of the weak stuff to get the same effects of the strong stuff, which actually makes the strong stuff better on your lungs since you actually smoke less of it. THC can't be magically imbued to be like some form of super crack, as you're trying to imply. That article is just sensationalist scare drivel.

wow , i dont think you dont know much about skunk, its grown for its potency.

Deadly skunk floods city | News

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
I think we should legalize it as well. I don't see a lot of difference between alcohol use and marijuana use.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I only use it to get to sleep so it suits me however when i went to Amsterdam there are so many strains of Skunk and super Skunk which i avoid as i think the best grass is Jamaican Sensemilia.
It's kinda interesting the word "grass" here... I'm pretty sure in NZ "Grass" refers to the crappy leafy stuff that really doesn't do much. Most people prefer to buy just the heads. :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That's definitely not true. Well, as far as *I* can tell, that has never been true. Dunno bout you guys. Smoking a ton of the lesser grade will only get you mildly high and leave you with a big headache.
It probably does depend on individual body chemistry. In my experience, it's similar to alcohol. Even the weak drinks with virtually no alcohol will get you drunk after you've drank enough, although it may not be as pleasant of a drunkenness, especially since you have drank alot of liquids and the stomach is getting full. I suspect the headaches from lower quality marijuana are from having to smoke more to get the same effect, which is putting more smoke in the lungs, and more carbons, etc.

kai

ragamuffin
I am talking about the UK here i dont really know what goes on in the US .

here we are gradually fasing out Tobacco use, also trying to put curbs on alcohol use, particularly with young people, i dont see how we could legalise it, except in some kind of prescription way for medical needs. and like i said the kind of cannabis that most of us had a go on in the 60s and 70s is out of vogue here its the norm to smoke skunk which is a very powerful weed indeed. its also ilegal to drive while under the influence so legalising a substance that alters your physical and mental abilities is quite tricky isnt it.

I am sure if tobbaco and alcohol were somehow invented recently they would not be legal.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
wow , i dont think you dont know much about skunk, its grown for its potency.

Deadly skunk floods city | News

Well no ****. Of course people grow it for it's potency. But THC is still THC. You have to smoke one third of your body weight of even the most potent strain in one sitting to OD. You don't have some magically mutant strain on your hands. Even the most potent of cannabis could never be compared to the likes of crack cocaine or heroin. All it is is sensationalist media trying to hype things up.

So "wow", you really took those childhood government programs to heart, didn't you.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's kinda interesting the word "grass" here... I'm pretty sure in NZ "Grass" refers to the crappy leafy stuff that really doesn't do much. Most people prefer to buy just the heads. :p

Never heard the term heads, but I'm sure the slang varies wildly from place to place. In these parts "swag" is low grade while "dank" is high quality.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
*** Mod Post ***

When posting on this topic, please remember our forum rule on illegal activity:

6. Illegal Activities
Discussions about your engagement in or encouragement for others to participate in any illegal activity is prohibited. This includes the use of illegal Drugs, infringement of intellectual property rights; including, music, software, or literature, photographs etc. It also covers Terrorism and all violent crime. And criminal activities. These Topics may be discussed and debated in a way that does not promote an illegal activity.

It's fine to talk about how you'd want to change the law, but please do so in a way that:

- doesn't promote or encourage illegal activity.
- doesn't involve discussing your prior engagement in illegal activity.

Thanks,

9-10ths_Penguin
Mod

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
*** Mod Post ***

When posting on this topic, please remember our forum rule on illegal activity:

It's fine to talk about how you'd want to change the law, but please do so in a way that:

- doesn't promote or encourage illegal activity.
- doesn't involve discussing your prior engagement in illegal activity.

Thanks,

9-10ths_Penguin
Mod

What if they were in Amsterdam at the time?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
What if they were in Amsterdam at the time?
I actually did wonder about this...

What if you're in a country where it IS legal, at the time of posting? Do we still fall under U.S. "jurisdiction" regarding this, seeing as essentially, it's a U.S. website?

gnomon

I actually did wonder about this...

What if you're in a country where it IS legal, at the time of posting? Do we still fall under U.S. "jurisdiction" regarding this, seeing as essentially, it's a U.S. website?

The posting would hold no consequences for you. Other than a rule violation.

It could hold consequences for those who own the website.

edit: Given the U.S. draconian and irrational drug policies.......