• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's see if we can define 'Islamophobia'.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Thought Omar Khayyam was a poet? Even more impressive if he was also a mathematician. These people were products of Islamic culture, just like Leonardo Da Vinci and Isaac Newton were products, at least in part, of Christian culture (and Spinosa and Einstein were products of Jewish culture).

No,Imru Qais (spelling) was a pre Islam poet,Omar Khayyam was a mathematician,keep trying.

RestlessSoul

I think mathematics was his most notable,cheers

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, translated into English by Edward Fitzgerald, is one of the best known poems in world literature.

The moving finger writes
And having writ moves on.
Nor all thy piety nor wit
Can turn it back to change
A single line
Nor all thy tears
Wash out one word of it.

idea

Question Everything
What’s the term for when you feel deep sympathy for a group of people, not fearful of them, but pity their circumstances? I feel sorry for women who must wear restrictive black robes, I feel sadness for those who are uneducated and born into countries with limited resources, I feel sorrow towards any oppressive religious beliefs that hinder growth and learning opportunities. I feel a profound sense of compassion and sorrow for all who live oppressed by religious dogmas and confines.

idea

Question Everything
The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, translated into English by Edward Fitzgerald, is one of the best known poems in world literature.

The moving finger writes
A single line
Nor all thy tears
Wash out one word of it.

A jug of wine, a loaf of bread, and thou,
Beside me singing in the wilderness—
Oh, wilderness were paradise enow!

simple pleasures - but the best quatrain to me, where he stands against Muslim beliefs:

32: "The Revelations of the Light are in my Soul,
And I find that the Light is my sole Goal.
So why should I care what the Prophet says?
His Prophecies are not for me, they are foul."

64: "And that inverted Bowl we call The Sky,
Whereunder crawling coop’d we live and die,
Lift not thy hands to It for help—for It
Rolls impotently on as Thou or I."

... Do not call to Allah, do not call to God.
Just the laws of nature rolling by, it's a better mindset when one realizes, it is all the laws of nature.

Good poetry.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

The moving finger writes
A single line
Nor all thy tears
Wash out one word of it.

Omar is a Persian mathematician, astronomer, and poet. He made great contributions to these areas. He is best known for his work in geometric algebra, the Jalil calendar, and his poetry collected as, The Rubaiyat.