• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's see if we can define 'Islamophobia'.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
My claim is that Islam commands its followers to be violent ("Fighting is prescribed for you", "Fight those who believe not in Allah").
You're worse than terrorists who attempt to justify their evil behaviour, imo.
You have an agenda of promoting hate, through the cherry-picking of Scripture.

..and G-d knows what is in the hearts of men.
G-d guides whomsoever He wills .. the devil seeks discord, and destruction.

stevecanuck

You're worse than terrorists who attempt to justify their evil behaviour, imo.
You have an agenda of promoting hate, through the cherry-picking of Scripture.

..and G-d knows what is in the hearts of men.
G-d guides whomsoever He wills .. the devil seeks discord, and destruction.

There's a difference between having an agenda of hate and exposing an agenda of hate.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
There's a difference between having an agenda of hate and exposing an agenda of hate.
There is .. but you do not understand what is going on.
If the boot was on the other foot..

Imagine living in a nation with hyperinflation .. through no fault of your own.
Perhaps you are one of those people who assume that US and UK prosperity is
something to do with being superior to other nations .. I'm afraid not.

It's all an illusion, created by financial manipulation .. falsehood always fails in the end.
It is an enemy to itself.

Print money .. raise interest rates .. lower interest rates .. "rinse & repeat".
Wealthy 3 : Poor 0 :oops:

Well, what do you expect? People just to roll over?

stevecanuck

There is .. but you do not understand what is going on.
If the boot was on the other foot..

Imagine living in a nation with hyperinflation .. through no fault of your own.
Perhaps you are one of those people who assume that US and UK prosperity is
something to do with being superior to other nations .. I'm afraid not.

It's all an illusion, created by financial manipulation .. falsehood always fails in the end.
It is an enemy to itself.

Print money .. raise interest rates .. lower interest rates .. "rinse & repeat".
Wealthy 3 : Poor 0 :oops:

Well, what do you expect? People just to roll over?

And here I was thinking I had heard every non sequitur/deflection.

If poverty were a legitimate excuse, then where are the terrorists from all the other poor regioons of the world?

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
And here I was thinking I had heard every non sequitur/deflection.

If poverty were a legitimate excuse, then where are the terrorists from all the other poor regioons of the world?
Do you live in the US?
Have you heard what Trump calls Latino-Americans?

"I'm going to build a wall" bla bla

Have I proved that Islam exhorts its followers to commit violence or not?

The Quran can be used to legitimise violence in certain circumstances of course.

In what circumstances these are depends very much on the individual, as despite your unsupported assertions to the contrary, religions evolve and adapt in many ways leading to a wide range of beliefs emerging from the same source material.

Most don’t interpret verses in isolation as endless imperatives for wars of aggression.

Saying X can be used to justify violence therefore X makes people more violent than they would otherwise be is obviously fallacious logic though. If you can’t understand that, then no one can help you. It just means you lack the mental toolkit to understand the world around you with any nuance.

The nation state (2 world wars and countless others), social progress (Communism, Fascism, colonialism) and even upholding human rights (Iraq, Afghanistan, Serbia, etc) have been used as justification for wars resulting in hundreds of millions of deaths in the past 200 years. Probably more than have even been killed in the name of Islam.

There is nothing magical about religious texts that make humans violent, humans can justify and rationalise violence with pretty much anything and we always have been and always will be a violent species of animal.

BrightShadow

we always have been and always will be a violent species of animal.

Humans are not an animal who could be controlled like dogs or horses!
Humans fight for many reasons including but not limited to - love, family, power, freedom, self preservations, sacrifice, pride, racial differences, religious differences, cultural differences & against oppression. The biggest reason many wars are fought is "land"!
The latest conflicts in the world between humans are about oppression and land disputes.
It is not about religion but some paid chills are disparately trying to sell - it is!

I thought ChatGPT will open up the OP's eyes but it didn't!

RestlessSoul

They're not offended. They're afraid. They don't want the general public to know what's in the Qur'an, and how it influences followers towards violence and all-consuming intolerance.

The flag of Hezbollah sums Islam up perfectly. The letter alef in the word 'Allah' extends upward and becomes an arm hold an assault rifle. To the right of the arm is the Qur'an, with a globe in the background.

View attachment 97109

No doubt there are aspects of Islamic belief, history and culture which a reasonable person might find offensive. As there are aspects of all beliefs, histories and culture which are certain to offend. But to look at any complex phenomenon and only see the negative; that’s a sickness in the eye of the beholder.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
What does that have to do with terrorism? What are you even talking about?????
For the past decade, the national conversation on terrorism has largely focused on Islamic extremist acts, however, law enforcement groups have made it clear that Muslim extremists perpetrate a minute percentage of the ideologically based terrorist attacks which are perpetrated in the United States. Since November 9, 2001, only about 9 American Muslims per year have taken part in terrorist plots in the United States, in total, 20 incidents resulted in about 50 deaths. A 2012 study showed that in about the same time period right-wing extremists were responsible for about 337 attacks per year, in total, they killed more than 5 times the number of people killed by Muslims in the United States.
Terrorism_in_the_United_States - Wikipedia

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
What does that have to do with terrorism?
Maybe you do not live in the US, and are more aware of European politics.
Since 9 / 11 (2001), you would be right in thinking that the majority of terrorist acts
in Europe are Islamist related.

You blame Islam and the Qur'an .. I don't. Why is it, that before 9 / 11, there were more
nationalist and far-right inspired acts of terrorism than Islamist?

Terrorism_in_Europe - Wikipedia

stevecanuck

No doubt there are aspects of Islamic belief, history and culture which a reasonable person might find offensive. As there are aspects of all beliefs, histories and culture which are certain to offend. But to look at any complex phenomenon and only see the negative; that’s a sickness in the eye of the beholder.

The word "offend" doesn't even come close. "Threaten" is more like it.