• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's see if we can define 'Islamophobia'.

Okay, I'll play your game. The reason th .......................... hey, look - a blue car.

If you can’t understand that your claim a religion obviously makes people disproportionally violent should be easily supportable by evidence of this religion making people disproportionally violent, perhaps you aren’t quite the mastermind you think you are.

stevecanuck

If you can’t understand that your claim a religion obviously makes people disproportionally violent should be easily supportable by evidence of this religion making people disproportionally violent, perhaps you aren’t quite the mastermind you think you are.

There. Fixed it for you. My claim is that Islam commands its followers to be violent ("Fighting is prescribed for you", "Fight those who believe not in Allah"). And I've proved my claim in spades. Many, many times.

Your obsession with trying to mitigate the horrors of Islam by drawing an irrelevant and deeply flawed comparison is obvious. Btw yes, I realized I just opened the door to making a comparison. Please start a thread on the subject and I'll join it.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Which proves its only for Arabs who can admire it’s supposed eloquence.
See, if there is any kind of literature written in any language, it could be that those who know that language could appreciate it. E.g. Shakespeares work could only be appreciated if you could read English.

But if someone puts the effort, maybe they could relate to something written in another language.

There. Fixed it for you. My claim is that Islam commands its followers to be violent ("Fighting is prescribed for you", "Fight those who believe not in Allah"). And I've proved my claim in spades. Many, many times.

Your obsession with trying to mitigate the horrors of Islam by drawing an irrelevant and deeply flawed comparison is obvious. Btw yes, I realized I just opened the door to making a comparison. Please start a thread on the subject and I'll join it.

Given all human societies are violent, if you aren’t going to even attempt to make the case that Muslims have ever been disproportionally violent your argument is just vapid whining about your personal prejudice.

stevecanuck

Given all human societies are violent, if you aren’t going to even attempt to make the case that Muslims have ever been disproportionally violent your argument is just vapid whining about your personal prejudice.

Have I proved that Islam exhorts its followers to commit violence or not?

It's all been said in this thread, so if all you're going to do is beat your dead horse deflection to death, then I'm out.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
See, if there is any kind of literature written in any language, it could be that those who know that language could appreciate it. E.g. Shakespeares work could only be appreciated if you could read English.

But if someone puts the effort, maybe they could relate to something written in another language.

True,I can appreciate Shakespeare because it is in English but the Quran was written in Arabic which doesn’t translate well into,well,Shakespeare wrote and acted for an English audience,whereas the Quran is supposedly for the world.

firedragon

Veteran Member
True,I can appreciate Shakespeare because it is in English but the Quran was written in Arabic which doesn’t translate well into,well,Shakespeare wrote and acted for an English audience,whereas the Quran is supposedly for the world.
You were speaking about a technical matter. Not just a translation. I said that you have to put effort, not handwave which is absolutely what you are doing.

Could you tell me what effort have you put in understanding the topic you are engaging in?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
You were speaking about a technical matter. Not just a translation. I said that you have to put effort, not handwave which is absolutely what you are doing.

Could you tell me what effort have you put in understanding the topic you are engaging in?

Of course,defining “Islamophobia”,I’m trying to get my head around Labours version but I have more fear of this Labour government than Islam.

stevecanuck

I don’t actually know who he is but I thought it was an invented word for people who are offended and think they’re right.

They're not offended. They're afraid. They don't want the general public to know what's in the Qur'an, and how it influences followers towards violence and all-consuming intolerance.

The flag of Hezbollah sums Islam up perfectly. The letter alef in the word 'Allah' extends upward and becomes an arm hold an assault rifle. To the right of the arm is the Qur'an, with a globe in the background.

1726340869921.png