• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life From Dirt?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh so magma does not leave rocks on the ground when it cools? I saw a picture in National Geographic of a body encased in...what looks like cement from the eruption of Vesuvius. But you say magma does not leave rocks on the ground...ok... I'll look into that.
Magma is molten rock. When it cools it is rock.

Did you think that it was some sort of liquid even after it cooled?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The problem is that you keep asking the same questions over and over again. From a five year old that gets tiresome, from an adult it is inexcusable.
Ok so what's this? Would you agree that magma cools and crystallizes which forms igneous rock? This is getting more and more interesting. Since you know more than I do, I repeat...I read that magma cools and crystallizes which then forms igneous rock.

YoursTrue

Yes, but a wise teacher know that is not always guaranteed. That is why I used a qualifier. It appears that you are used to bad teachers. There is nothing worse than a teacher that is sure of himself and is wrong.
Lol I have not studied geology, you're the first teacher..

YoursTrue

Magma is molten rock. When it cools it is rock.
Just repeating for clarification. So magma is molten rock. Not solid rock. Now the question...molten rock? Liquid rock? Obviously there's a difference. So it's liquid rock, not solid rock in the volcano but molten rock once spewed forms solid rock.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just repeating for clarification. So magma is molten rock. Not solid rock. Now the question...molten rock? Liquid rock? Obviously there's a difference. So it's liquid rock, not solid rock in the volcano but molten rock once spewed forms solid rock.
Take regular rock and heat it up until it melts and becomes a liquid. That is molten rock. Let it cool down again and it become solid rock.

YoursTrue

Of course, it would be expected of any reasonable person beset with a situation where they find themselves playing pigeon chess after making an honest and sincere effort. No one likes to have their honesty repaid with such disrespectful responses.
Like you do me?