• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a few laughs?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
This guy suspects his wife is cheating on him. He comes home early and she meets him at the door in a bathrobe, her hair a mess. "Where is he?" he shouts. "Where's the guy who's been sleeping with you?" "I don't know what you're talking about" she says so he tears the house apart looking for this guy. Finally he's on the second floor, in the kitchen, he looks out the window and sees some guy sitting in a Volkswagen. "Aha!" he thinks, "That's the guy who's been sleeping with my wife." He's so furious he picks up the refrigerator, throws it out the window at the guy, has a heart attack and dies.

So St. Peter meets him at the gates of Heaven and asks "What are you doing here?" The guy says "Well, I knew my wife was cheating on me so I came home early from work, saw him sitting in his Volkswagen out on the street, threw the refrigerator at him, I had a heart attack and died." St. Peter says "You don't belong here; go to Hell." He pulls a big lever, a trap door opens up and the guy disappears.

A few minutes later another guy comes up to St. Peter at the gates of Heaven. St. Peter asks "What are you doing here?" The guy says "I don't know! I was just sitting in my Volkswagen, minding my own business, when suddenly somebody throws a refrigerator at me." St. Peter wags his finger and says "I heard about you... you go to Hell too." He pulls the lever and the guy disappears.

A few minutes later another guy comes up to St. Peter at the gates of Heaven. St. Peter asks "What are you doing here?" The guy says "I don't know! I was just sitting in a refrigerator, minding my own business..."

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Take a few moments to ponder some of the wonderful MYSTERIES OF LIFE:

How can you tell when you’ve run out of invisible ink?
If practice makes perfect, and nobody’s perfect, why practice?
If swimming is so good for your figure, why are whales so fat?
If you eat pasta and antipasto will you still be hungry?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
If Barbie is so popular why do you have to buy her friends?
When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?
Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?
If it s true that we’re here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
What is a free gift? Aren’t all gifts free?
What should you do if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
If you are a complete pessimist, does it mean you are positively negative?
Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?
Is there such a thing as a closet claustrophobic?
Before the invention of drawing boards, what did people go back to?
Why does your nose run and your feet smell?
How can there be self-help groups?

More fun here -

http://brightquotes.com/humr_fr.html

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Train Tickets

Three engineers and three accountants were traveling by train to a conference. At the station, the three accountants each bought tickets and watched as the three engineers bought only one ticket. "How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?" asked an accountant."Watch and you'll see", answered an engineer.

They all boarded the train. The accountants took their respective seats, but the three engineers all crammed into a rest room and closed the door behind them. Shortly after the train departed, the conductor came around collecting tickets. He knocked on the restroom door and said, "Ticket, please". The door opened just a crack and a single arm emerged with a ticket in hand. The conductor took it and moved on. The accountants saw this and agreed it was a quite clever idea.

So, after the conference, the accountants decide to copy the engineers on the return trip and save some money (being clever with money, and all that). When they got to the station, they bought a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the engineers didn't buy a ticket at all. "How are you going to ride without a ticket"? said one perplexed accountant."Watch and you'll see", answered an engineer. When they boarded the train, the three accountants crammed into a restroom and the three engineers crammed into another one nearby. The train departed. Shortly afterward, one of the engineers left his restroom and walked over to the restroom where the accountants were hiding.

He knocked on the door and said, "Ticket, please".

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
You know you've been spending too much time on-line if...
  • You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop to check your e-mail on the way back to bed.
  • You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
  • You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap...and your child in the overhead compartment.
  • You start using smileys in your snail mail.
  • You find yourself typing "com" after every period when using a word processor.com
  • You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.
  • You can't call your mother...she doesn't have a modem.
  • You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it again.
  • You don't know what gender three of your closest friends are because they have neutral screen names and you never bothered to ask.
  • You tell the cab driver you live at http://1000.edison.garden/house/brick.html
  • You start tilting your head sideways to smile :)

• More here -

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It's almost that time-of-year ...

A Dog's Christmas Promises

Christmas is for humans, and I will not ruin the surprises by opening all their presents.

Christmas light bulbs, Christmas ornaments, Christmas stockings, and tinsel from the Christmas tree are not food.

I am the alpha dog, therefore I do not need to protect my new Christmas rawhide from the omega dog by taking it outside to eat when the wind chill is -10 F.

I will not demolish the Christmas tree and drag the string of lights out into the backyard through the doggy door.

I will not dive into the Christmas tree to get the candy canes (which I will eat -- paper and all).

I will not eat my Christmas doggie treats until after they're out of the stocking!

I will not even THINK about going underneath the Christmas tree and piddling on the dining room rug.

I will not get into a fight with the bigger dog next door, making my human have to call the vet's at Christmas.

I will not get tangled up in the Christmas tree lights and pull the tree down while trying to get at a cat through the conservatory window.

I will not pee on Grandma's Christmas presents that are under her tree as soon as we enter her house.

I will not pee on the Christmas tree.

I will not steal the neighbor's Christmas light bulbs.

The bowl underneath the Christmas tree is not a dog dish. I will not drink from it. It will make me sick.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try Before You Buy!

Myra was going to the Christmas office party but needed a new party dress.

In the clothing store she asked, 'May I try on that dress in the window, please?'

'Certainly not, madam,' responded the salesgirl, 'You'll have to use the fitting room like everyone else.'

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Funny Christmas Song Titles

Here are 12 Carols that Will and Guy won't be singing this Christmas.

We three kings of porridge and tar.
On the first day of Christmas, my tulip gave to me.
Sleep in heavenly peas.
He's making a list, chicken and rice.
You'll go down in Listerine.
Noel, Noel, Barney's the King of Israel.
Olive, the other reindeer...
Frosty the Snowman is a ferret elf, I say.
Oh, what fun it is to ride with one horse, soap and hay.
In the meadow we can build a snowman; then pretend that he is sparse and brown.
Come, froggy faithful.
Deck the halls with Buddy Holly.

Cheers!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Misheard song lyrics (also called mondegreens) occur when people misunderstand the lyrics in a song. These are NOT intentional rephrasing of lyrics, which is called parody. This page contains all the misheard lyrics for The Beatles that have been submitted to this site -

Misheard Lyrics

Many other artists as well!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Questions:

"When I press on my brakes, the car doesn't stop. Do you think this is something I should have fixed?" -- Asked of a worker at an auto repair shop.

"If you record silence on a tape and then play it back with the volume all the way up, will that drown out the noise in the room?" -- Asked by a woman of her boyfriend at the time.

"How do I tell the difference between the big staples and the little staples?" -- Asked of a fellow office worker in South Africa.

"The Renaissance was during the 1920's, right?" -- Asked of a high school student by another.

"Where do you think water comes from? The SKY?" -- From an overheard argument about water conservation.

"Do you want specific information in general or what?" -- From an overheard conversation between two managers.

"I wasn't able to tape Oprah. Could I possibly come down there and watch it?" -- Asked of a local television station.

"Can I speak to Tom Brokaw?" -- Asked of a local cable service representative.

"How much is that $10 watch?"

"Oh, honey, here's a watch store -- maybe they have it. Do you have any toe rings?"

"Glenn Miller? Didn't he die in a car crash flying to France?"

"I hate stereotypes. We Canadians don't really talk like that, eh?"

"How do I get my car fixed?" -- Asked of a health insurance company.

"What do you do with the mogels in the summer?" -- Asked of a ski lift operator.

"Where's the kosher pork?" -- Asked of a worker at a grocery store.

"Is Scott there?" -- Scott, asking for his friend Jim.

"Isn't it funny how Thanksgiving lands on a Thursday every year?" -- Woman, overheard in a diner.

More fun here -

Things People Said

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
At a Santa Fe gas station:
"We will sell gasoline to anyone in a glass container."
What are you doing in a glass container anyway?

In a New York restaurant:
"Customers who consider our waitresses uncivil ought to see the manager."
He's even worse!

On the wall of a Baltimore estate:
"Trespassers will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.--Sisters of Mercy"
Trespassers don't get mercy from us!

On a long-established New Mexico dry cleaners:
"38 years on the same spot."
And we haven't gotten that stain out yet!

In a Los Angeles dance hall:
"Good clean dancing every night but Sunday."
Dirty dancing on Sunday!

In a Florida maternity ward:
"No children allowed."
And no sick people in the Intensive Care Unit either!

In a New York drugstore:
"We dispense with accuracy."
Who needs accuracy anyway?

In the offices of a loan company:
"Ask about our plans for owning your home."
Give us the deed to your house right now!

In a New York medical building:
"Mental Health Prevention Center"
We don't want mentally healthy people walking around!

On a New York convalescent home:
"For the sick and tired of the Episcopal Church."
Yeah, those Episcopalians will make you sick and tired of them.

On a Maine shop:
"Our motto is to give our customers the lowest possible prices and workmanship.."
Low workmanship means low prices!

At a number of military bases:
"Restricted to unauthorized personnel."
Authorized personnel aren't allowed in here.

On a display of "I love you only" Valentine cards:
"Now available in multi-packs."
One for your wife, and one for each of your mistresses.

In the window of a Kentucky appliance store:
"Don't kill your wife. Let our washing machine do the dirty work."
Deadly washing machine! Comes with instructions and foolproof alibi.

In a funeral parlor:
"Ask about our layaway plan."
Bring Aunt Edna in now while a funeral's still cheap, wait around for the big day, and then count the savings!

In a clothing store:
"Wonderful bargains for men with 16 and 17 necks."
Men with only one neck have to pay full price.

In a Tacoma, Washington men's clothing store:
"15 men's wool suits, $10. They won't last an hour!"
After an hour, they fall apart?

On a shopping mall marquee:
"Archery Tournament -- Ears pierced"
Kill two birds with one stone!

Outside a country shop:
"We buy junk and sell antiques."
We pay little for it and call it junk, but when we sell it we charge a lot and call it an antique!

In the window of an Oregon store:
"Why go elsewhere and be cheated when you can come here?"
We'll cheat you just as well as they can!

In a Maine restaurant:
"Open 7 days a week and weekends."
So we're open 9 days a week!

On a radiator repair garage:
"Best place to take a leak."
Even better than our bathroom!

In the vestry of a New England church:
"Will the last person to leave please see that the perpetual light is extinguished."
Of course "perpetual" is a loose term.

In a Pennsylvania cemetery:
"Persons are prohibited from picking flowers from any but their own graves."
Stop picking flowers and get back in your grave!

On a roller coaster:
"Watch your head."
We never got around to making those last few adjustments.

In a Laundromat in London:
Automatic washing machines. Please remove all your clothes when the light goes out.
I can't. It's too dark in here with the light out.

In a London department store in London:
Bargain Basement Upstairs
As opposed to the bargain attic downstairs.

In an office in London:
Would the person who took the step ladder yesterday please bring it back or further steps will be taken.
Next thing you know, the whole staircase will be taken too!

In another office in London:
After the tea break staff should empty the teapot and stand upside down on the draining board.
Think of it as a "team-building" exercise.

On a church door in London:
This is the gate of Heaven. Enter ye all by this door. (This door is kept locked because of the draft. Please use side entrance)
In a cost-cutting measure, St. Peter was fired.

Outside a second hand shop in London:
We exchange anything - bicycles, washing machines etc. Why not bring your wife along and get a wonderful bargain.
That's certainly a fine wife. Will you trade her for these golf clubs?

Quicksand warning in London:
Quicksand. Any person passing this point will be drowned. By order of the District Council.
Also by order of the District Council, any person jaywalking will be hit by a car.

Notice in a dry cleaner's window in London:
Anyone leaving their garments here for more than 30 days will be disposed of.
Pick them up or die!

In a health food shop window in London:
Closed due to illness.
I knew that the whole health food fad was a bunch of bunk.

Spotted in a safari park in London:
Elephants Please Stay In Your Car
But the goats are allowed out of their cars.

Seen during a conference in London:
For anyone who has children and doesn't know it, there is a day care on the first floor.
And free paternity and maternity DNA tests on the second floor.

Notice in a field in London:
The farmer allows walkers to cross the field for free, but the bull charges.

Message on a leaflet in London:
If you cannot read, this leaflet will tell you how to get lessons.
And if you don't know how to write, mail me a letter. And if you don't know how to drive, drive down to the driving school.

On a repair shop door in London:
We can repair anything (Please knock hard on the door - the bell doesn't work)
Well, anything except the doorbell.

Loads more gags here -

Welcome to Jim's Joke Repository

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A judge was interviewing a woman regarding her pending divorce, and asked, “What are the grounds for your divorce?”

She replied, “About four acres and a nice little home in the middle of the property with a stream running by.”

“No,” he said, “I mean what is the foundation of this case?”

“It is made of concrete, brick and mortar,” she responded.

“I mean,” he continued, “What are your relations like?”

“I have an aunt and uncle living here in town, and so do my husband’s parents.”

He said, “Do you have a real grudge?”

“No,” she replied, “We have a two-car carport and have never really needed one.”

“Please,” he tried again, “is there any infidelity in your marriage?”

“Yes, both my son and daughter have stereo sets. We don’t necessarily like the music, but the answer to your questions is yes.”

“Ma am, does your husband ever beat you up?”

“Yes,” she responded, “about twice a week he gets up earlier than I do.”

Finally, in frustration, the judge asked, “Lady, why do you want a divorce?”

“Oh, I don’t want a divorce,” she replied. “I’ve never wanted a divorce. My husband does. He said he can’t communicate with me!”

More here -

Funny Divorce Jokes

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Abraham Lincoln was America's greatest precedent. Lincoln's mother died in infancy, and he was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves by signing the Emasculation Proclamation . On the night of April 14, 1865, Lincoln went to the theater and got shot in his seat by one of the actors in the moving picture show. They believe the assinator was John Wilkes Booth, a suposingly insane actor. This ruined Booth's career.

For more classics -

alphaDictionary * What Kids Say in School