• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MAGA troglodytes attack Walz's son

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
What's dense is putting ones child in an environment that he's just not ready for as opposed to your sanctimonious tirade.

Oh yes. Absolutely. Squirrel away the child in the home because Gods forbid he be there to support his father during an important time.

He shouldn't be there because he has a learning disability? Because he's 17? Please. The only thing going on here is you trying to cover up your BS as reasonable.

Don't bother.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Ann Coulter's entire career is built on cruelty. This is what she does, she says mean things and makes a lot of money doing it.
Sadly, far too many Americans lap it up -- while all the while pretending to be Christian and loving family values.

Crikey, Gus's expression of pride in his dad, so strong it brought tears to his eyes and forced his mouth into "that's my dad," speaks volumes about who has the "family values." And the prize goes to Tim Walz and his family.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oh yes. Absolutely. Squirrel away the child in the home because Gods forbid he be there to support his father.

He shouldn't be there because he has a learning disability? Because he's 17? Please. The only thing going on here is you trying to cover up your BS as reasonable.

Don't bother.
Continue on with your tirade.

Twilight Hue

No, it's on hateful scum to realize they are being terrible people for not just making fun of a child with a disability, but making fun of his condition.
I agree it's low key and immature on part of hecklers, but getting ones child to prepare first for the realities of being in a public spotlight and developing a teflon skin is also proper because ones parents are not going to be be around forever.

I think it was a good first experience for the young man. Crying is expected at this point and clearly is a good learning experience for him.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
What's dense is putting ones child in an environment that he's just not ready for as opposed to your sanctimonious tirade.
This time, even I'm having trouble believing you're for real! He's 17 years old and his only issue is a learning problem that is not stopping his growth into a decent person. He's perfectly capable of attending such an important even in support of his father.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
And I guess that's why they can join the military.

Or smoke cigarettes, smoke weed, drink, or have sex with someone much older than they are legally. They're still kids

Edit: oh wow. I thought you said "can't." I didn't realize the age to join the military was 17. I thought it was 18

Twilight Hue

This time, even I'm having trouble believing you're for real! He's 17 years old and his only issue is a learning problem that is not stopping his growth into a decent person. He's perfectly capable of attending such an important even in support of his father.

Well in that case I look forward to his improved composure and developing his strengths to withstand public pressure. A plus in handling his disability.

Twilight Hue

And I guess that's why they can join the military.
I can only say when I was young it was a very good experience, everything didn't work out stellar in every way, but i can say it was a life-changing event has helped me out immensely in later years.

Plus you can smoke, and drink, and get into fights! I was absolutely terrified of those things lol!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I agree it's low key and immature on part of hecklers, but getting ones child to prepare first for the realities of being in a public spotlight and developing a teflon skin is also proper because ones parents are not going to be be around forever.

I think it was a good first experience for the young man. Crying is expected at this point and clearly is a good learning experience for him.
There's nothing wrong with crying during an emotional event, especially when the family is there as a show of support.
The only immaturity is from those making fun of the kid, giving him a hard time and insisting, that like those good ole times when America was great, that thr proper place of such a child is in a closet and put up out of view.

Twilight Hue

There's nothing wrong with crying during an emotional event, especially when the family is there as a show of support.
The only immaturity is from those making fun of the kid, giving him a hard time and insisting, that like those good ole times when America was great, that thr proper place of such a child is in a closet and put up out of view.
What I'm against is the cloistered upbringing of a child who cannot handle the sudden hostility that the world can unleash.

What we saw essentially is the "cherry popping" on an apparently cloistered young man who was arguably protected and shielded from the world's realities.

Now hopefully he will be conditioned to overcome what will be continued hostility on his person in the foreseeable future.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Or smoke cigarettes, smoke weed, drink, or have sex with someone much older than they are legally. They're still kids

Edit: oh wow. I thought you said "can't." I didn't realize the age to join the military was 17. I thought it was 18
Nope. It's been 17 for many years.