• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MAGA troglodytes attack Walz's son

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yeah, children are allowed to be in the military. Weird concept huh?

I joined as a child of 19. Some as young as 17 can waiver in, sure.

Something to think about though is, is this ethically in the right?

That's a separate topic for a separate thread.
It definitely is. I believe all it requires is one parent to consent.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What I'm against is the cloistered upbringing of a child who cannot handle the sudden hostility that the world can unleash.

What we saw essentially is the "cherry popping" on an apparently cloistered young man who was arguably protected and shielded from the world's realities.

Now hopefully he will be conditioned to overcome what will be continued hostility on his person in the foreseeable future.
Seems more like your agaisnt decency amd civility given your defending being a ******* person to a kid with a learning disability.
It's not on the kid, it's for the bullies and others who lack a moral compass to cut the ****.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Seems more like your agaisnt decency amd civility given your defending being a ******* person to a kid with a learning disability.
I don't coddle and cloister.

Only because I myself have been through the experience, have suffered extensivly because of it, and I'm also not so ignorant as to call a 17-year-old a 'kid' and labeling him with a learning disability.

You might as well say retarded to which I don't think he is.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I believe all it requires is one parent to consent.
No, generally, both parents must consent if a child under 18 wants to join the military. If one of the parents objects, the enlistment should not proceed and that parent can challenge it if it does.

I tried to join the marines at 17.

Twilight Hue

No, generally, both parents must consent if a child under 18 wants to join the military. If one of the parents objects, the enlistment should not proceed and that parent can challenge it if it does.

I'm glad you didn't because I saw the Marines first hand go 'sledding' down Hills in MRE boxes into patches of cacti in the Mojave Desert.

Those guys are the perfect defining example of a Jarhead. *grin*

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Gus needs to chin up. He may or may not ever do that as he gets older.
I kid with real medical/emotional issues is told to "chin up". That is a new low in insensitivity and in perfect alignment with MAGA who believe men are not allowed to show emotion other than anger. The world is changing and MAGA will sooner or later wind up in the dustbin of history.

Twilight Hue

I kid with real medical/emotional issues is told to "chin up". That is a new low in insensitivity and in perfect alignment with MAGA who believe men are not allowed to show emotion other than anger. The world is changing and MAGA will sooner or later wind up in the dustbin of history.
If you think so, but I can say fairly and assuredly that that's simply not going to happen. At least with the premise that making America great again is not a bad thing to aspire with.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I agree it's low key and immature on part of hecklers, but getting ones child to prepare first for the realities of being in a public spotlight and developing a teflon skin is also proper because ones parents are not going to be be around forever.

I think it was a good first experience for the young man. Crying is expected at this point and clearly is a good learning experience for him.
**** the bull**** about teflon skin. That is really a mountain of horse ****.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If you think so, but I can say fairly and assuredly that that's simply not going to happen. At least with the premise that making America great agaon is not a bad thing to aspire with.
That's the true message of the Democrats. "Great again" to MAGA is going backwards not forwards, having an autocrat as POTUS who echoes "L'etat? C'est moi" as Louis did. Acting like all autocrats and making government serve only him. By ensuring that plutocrats prosper while the middle-class is reduced to poverty.

WE WILL NOT GO BACK.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't coddle and cloister.
But you wanted Gus to be coddled and cloistered rather than cheering his father on.
Only because I myself have been through the experience, have suffered extensivly because of it, and I'm also not so ignorant as to call a 17-year-old a 'kid' and labeling him with a learning disability.
So you don't like the expertise of medical professionals who examined him and found that he had issues. You put yourself ahead of them. Pure MAGA hated of science when it disagrees with politics - just like dictators do. Political correctness over science is not great but small, tiny even.
Nope. It works and it takes conditioning and practice. That's where you and me can part on the matter.
You are not him. Projecting your experience onto his is small.

Twilight Hue

But you wanted Gus to be coddled and cloistered rather than cheering his father on.

So you don't like the expertise of medical professionals who examined him and found that he had issues. You put yourself ahead of them. Pure MAGA hated of science when it disagrees with politics - just like dictators do. Political correctness over science is not great but small, tiny even.

You are not him. Projecting your experience onto his is small.
From what I understand he had audiological issues, not mental issues, and I'm still amazed at your mind reading skills here in regards to my empathy for the young man based on my experience.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Continue on with your tirade.
As if you have any defense for mimicking Trump’s vile and cruel nature. I’m noticing how MAGA members are becoming more absurd in their rhetoric and how it mirrors Trump’s panic and reactionary behavior. Attacking a 17 year old kid is more of the decay of conservative values that conflicts with the positive agenda that the democrats offer.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Of course opportunistic *** holes will seize any opportunity to flaunt they're (as well as their) *** holes, and will have no shame exposing themselves for what they are. ;)

Twilight Hue

As if you have any defense for mimicking Trump’s vile and cruel nature. I’m noticing how MAGA members are becoming more absurd in their rhetoric and how it mirrors Trump’s panic and reactionary behavior. Attacking a 17 year old kid is more of the decay of conservative values that conflicts with the positive agenda that the democrats offer.
I don't disagree, I would not attack the young man's character personally. I feel sorry for him more than anything else if he's proven to be that sensitive.

I think the right wing should take the upper road, and not sink to the level of the left wing.

Kathryn

Not without parental permission. So, no, a 17 year old cannot just walk in and enlist.
I didn't say he could just walk in and enlist. However, it does only take one form of parental consent to do so. And this is just till the recruit turns 18.

Kathryn

I am finding differing quotes but anyway, with parental consent, a 17 year old can enlist in the military.