• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary mother of God

Wharton

2. There is no such thing as Holy Days of Obligation in the Bible. The RCC is binding rules on people where there are none. When did the apostles observe Ash Wednesday? Your entire religion is man made. You need to get back to the Bible and the New Testament church Jesus built.
So you don't go to church on Christmas to give thanks for the Incarnation?

Didn't I say that Catholics were not required to go to church on Ash Wednesday? If you want to, you can. If you want to go to mass everyday, you can but it's not required.

4consideration

Premium Member
My foot! You say ten Hail Mary's to one Our Father. Jesus isn't even mentioned. You're fooling yourself and no one else.
You're almost right, except that Jesus's name is mentioned in every Hail Mary.

edit: And...there's the Glory Be...and Oh My Jesus...but nothing mentioning Jesus.

edit #2: And...the Mysteries which are part of the entire saying of the rosary are all directly, or indirectly related to Jesus, but he's no part of it.

edit #3: And...you're not fooling anyone either. It looks to me you don't know much about Catholicism, or the rosary, yet seem to present yourself as very knowledgeable on the subject. I've noticed you seem to do that with other denominations as well (like JW's and Mormons) and presume to be able to tell the practitioners of those denominations what they believe and what they do.

Why not stick to being so sure about what you believe, and let others say what they believe?

Last edited:

Wharton

3. We are to confess our sins to one another, not a priest. The Priesthood was done away with when Jesus died on the cross. All christians are priests. Jesus is our high priest.
Wow. That makes no sense at all. The priesthood was done away with but Christians are priests?

Wharton

4. The 1st Century church shared communion on the first day of the week, and probably daily, not once a year. And all christians took the bread and wine. Catholics didn't take the wine until abt. 1970. They took only the bread. Jesus commanded we remember Him by taking BOT the bread and wine, not just bread.
And Mass is offered everyday, twice a day, the same as the number of sacrifices in the temple in Jerusalem. You can go to communion every day. If there are enough ministers, both are offered. BTW, you don't get more Jesus by receiving both. One is sufficient.

Last edited:
Guys, Mary can't be Mother of half of Jesus and not the other half. Jesus is One person not two. Mary is Mother of Jesus (Both spirit/body). To say she is not the Mother of God, is saying Jesus is not God. To many Christians, this is an insult.

Mary was not and is not now the mother of spirits as revealed in scripture =
(Heb 12:9 KJV) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

A mortal as was Mary never births a spirit never mind a God.

The Mother of all believers is Jerusalem which is above and is free.
(Gal 4:26 KJV) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Free of what? Is it not free from ever having been mortal.

willyah

Last edited:

Unification

Isn't ironic that God is not succeptible to time.
Isn't it also ironic how the life of Joseph in the Hebrew Scriptures practically align with the life of Jesus in the gospel books?
Also ironic how Joseph is the son of Jacob in both accounts, as well as the reference to Rebeca, and Joseph and Jesus being sons of David.
Also ironic how it ends with a new man named Joseph.

Unification

Isn't ironic that God is not succeptible to time.
Isn't it also ironic how the life of Joseph in the Hebrew Scriptures practically align with the life of Jesus in the gospel books?
Also ironic how Joseph is the son of Jacob in both accounts, as well as the reference to Rebeca, and Joseph and Jesus being sons of David.
Also ironic how it ends with a new man named Joseph.

Isn't it also ironic that our temple(our bodies) are what gives birth to the Holy Spirit as well?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Mary was and is not the mother of spirits as revealed in scripture =
(Heb 12:9 KJV) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

A mortal as was Mary never births a spirit never mind a God.

willyah

You are separating Jesus natures. Jesus is human AND spirit.. So, by technicality, she is the Mother of Jesus--the FULL Jesus not half. She is not the Mother of God the Father, the Creator. She is the Mother of God the Son.

You are separating Jesus natures. Jesus is human AND spirit.. So, by technicality, she is the Mother of Jesus--the FULL Jesus not half. She is not the Mother of God the Father, the Creator. She is the Mother of God the Son.

Truly, truly scripture declares

There is no mother of spirit or spirits in scripture.

willyah

Isn't it also ironic that our temple(our bodies) are what gives birth to the Holy Spirit as well?

The mortal body is not the temple of God a Spirit but rather the one body of Christ made up of different parts , known as churches" that are called churches of God and churches of Christ in which abides YHWH-pronounced as YaH who's title in scripture is Father of spirits the God and Father of the spirit Christ

In the One Body of Christ abides the spirit Son Christ and YaH Elohim the Father of spirits.
(John 14:23 KJV) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

(1 Cor 12:27 KJV) Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

(1 Cor 11:16 KJV) But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
(Rom 16:16 KJV) Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

(John 14:23 KJV) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

(John 20:17 KJV) Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

(John 20:17 KJV) Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

(2 Cor 11:31 KJV) The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

(Eph 1:3 KJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

(Eph 4:6 KJV) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
That would include Jesus Christ.

(1 Pet 1:3 KJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

willyah

QUOTE="Carlita, post: 4175232, member: 55631"]You are separating Jesus natures. Jesus is human AND spirit.. So, by technicality, she is the Mother of Jesus--the FULL Jesus not half. She is not the Mother of God the Father, the Creator. She is the Mother of God the Son.[/QUOTE]

This statement by Albert Wendt is not sound scripture doctrine and sounds like New Age religion. For one thing YaH Elohim is not the earth nor is He in everything.
God...was in the food they ate, in the water they drank, in the air they breathed, in the earth they trod and died on, in the words they spoke, in the sleep they slept, and in the dreams they dreamt in the everywhere and everything. ~Albert Wendt

A person in New Age would see themselves as God, the cosmos, the universe. In fact, everything that the person sees, hears, feels or imagines is to be considered Godf

willyah

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Truly, truly scripture declares

There is no mother of spirit or spirits in scripture.

willyah

Again, you are splitting Jesus' nature.

Do you believe Jesus is both human and spirit?
Do you believe Jesus is God?
Do you believe in the trinity--God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit?

If you do, you should at least understand what I am saying.

To many Christians, Jesus is ONE person with two distinct natures. He is one of Spirit (the Spirit of Christ that indwells in your heart) Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." The Spirit of Christ fills your heart as a Christian. Without His Spirit through His resurrection, how are you, kjv4me2you, saved? (if you are Christian)

Jesus is also human. 1 John 4:2 "By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:"

He is ONE person with two natures.

Mary is the Mother of that ONE person--that ONE person is Christ.

BOTH His Spirit and His human side. They are not separate. If they were, Jesus would have a sinful nature. Since He is perfect, both flesh and spirit go together, die together and resurrected together.

Mary is the Mother of Jesus--BOTH His spirit and his human side because that makes up who He is. (Using "is" to mean singular).

So Mary is the Mother of God the Son. and not God the Father.

You are talking about God the Father, I am talking about God the Son.

Just as my parent is not just the parent of Carlita the human, she is also a parent of Carlita the spirit. Both spirit and flesh is who I am--my nature.

You cannot split Christ in half.
--
Also, the verses I gave you about what the Church says about Mary, you have not replied. I have to use the Catechism becuase those are the teachings of the Church and without them, I cannot show you in comparison with the Bible how the two relate to each other. If you cannot reply to the reasons and prove I give you about Church teachings, then how are you going to have a debate if you don't know the otherside to prepare for a rebuttal?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This statement by Albert Wendt is not sound scripture doctrine and sounds like Bali religion. For one thing YaH Elohim is not the earth nor is He in everything.
God...was in the food they ate, in the water they drank, in the air they breathed, in the earth they trod and died on, in the words they spoke, in the sleep they slept, and in the dreams they dreamt in the everywhere and everything. ~Albert Wendt

willyah

Do not insult my faith. Albert Whent is of a completely different faith (and world view and mindset) than that of many Christians and of Christianity. If you do not agree with him, that is okay. It is a poetic concept that says God (the Creator not related to Christ) is not separate from His Creation. I don't know his biography. So, he may be a Christian who knows. He is just showing the relationship God has with His creation. Nothing Bali about it.

Unless you practice Hinduism or Bali faith, I do not agree with that unless you have sources about Whent that you can prove otherwise. Actually, I researched him. He's a Samoan fiction novelist, poet, and educator.

Anyway, if you cannot talk intelligently about it, please leave it alone.

Last edited: