• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary mother of God

kepha31

I hope you are right and they don't all pray to Mary.

Petitioning Mary or saints for anything is prayer, and prayer is worship. I direct all of my prayers to my heavenly Father through Jesus. He and He alone answers prayers. There is nothing He is not able to do. His He is all I need. There is not a single example of Mary or a saint being petitioned in the Bible. You reject the word of God in favor of catholic teachings.

Trinity is not in the Bible, and I do not normally use the word unless it is the topic of discussion. I was able to infer my belief in the Godhead. It's very easy to see, even in the Old Testament.

No redemption without Mary? You are joking right? Jesus is the one who died on the cross, and you credit Mary with redemption.

My foot! You say ten Hail Mary's to one Our Father. Jesus isn't even mentioned. You're fooling yourself and no one else.

1. You don't baptize. You sprinkle. Baptizo is the Greek word for IMMERSE. Catholics ignore Jesus' example.

2. There is no such thing as Holy Days of Obligation in the Bible. The RCC is binding rules on people where there are none. When did the apostles observe Ash Wednesday? Your entire religion is man made. You need to get back to the Bible and the New Testament church Jesus built.

3. We are to confess our sins to one another, not a priest. The Priesthood was done away with when Jesus died on the cross. All christians are priests. Jesus is our high priest.

4. The 1st Century church shared communion on the first day of the week, and probably daily, not once a year. And all christians took the bread and wine. Catholics didn't take the wine until abt. 1970. They took only the bread. Jesus commanded we remember Him by taking BOT the bread and wine, not just bread.

Why has the catholic church drifted so far from the church Jesus built?
There are terms describing this kind of post:
Shot gun tactic
Cluster Bomb tactic
Headless chicken comments
Flaming zingers
Non sequitur and red herring soup

It's anti-Catholic ranting and no interest in dialogue is evident. katiemygirl, you repeat the same lies and ignore every explanation. Repeating lies is not discussion. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't bearing false witness against the 8th Commandment?

You can assert whatever beliefs you want, and I can respect that and call you a Christian. But it's wrong to preach lies and misrepresentations about anothers beliefs. Just about everything you learned about the Catholic Church is false. Keep that in mind.

Last edited:

chlotilde

Madame Curie
God does not want you to use repetitive prayers.The holy scriptures makes this very clear.

Matthew 6:7-8
6 But when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret. Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. 7 When praying, do not say the same things over and over again as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words.

somebody better tell that to the Angels in Heaven then...cuz they apparently say the same words over and over.
Rev. 4:8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,' who was, and is, and is to come."

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
You ignore scripture. Paul baptized the jailer in his house. Peter baptized Cornelius and family in his house. Paul was told to RISE and be baptized. Where is all of this deep water located in a house for immersion?

BTW, Catholics pour not sprinkle.
The Bible doesn't say where the jailer, Cornelius or Paul were immersed. But we know they were immersed because that's what the word baptizo means.

The Bible does tell us Jesus was immersed in the Jordan River. He is our example, is He not?

I think the catolic church misses the entire point of immersion. The pentinent believer is "buried" into Christ's death when he goes down into the water, and is "raised" to new life in Christ when he comes up out of the water. Pouring is not a burial. It is not symbolic of the burial and resurrection of Christ.

Someone told me recently that some catholic church buildings have installed baptistries in their buildings because people want to be immersed as Jesus was. I pray this is true. It would be a giant step in the right direction.

baptizo = immerse
ekcheo = pour out
rantizo = sprinkle

Where in the Bible did Jesus or His apostles command ekcheo?

1632. ekcheo
Strong's Concordance
ekcheo: I pour out, shed
Original Word: ἐκχέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: ekcheo
Phonetic Spelling: ( ek-kheh'-o,)
Short Definition: I pour out, shed
Definition: I pour out (liquid or solid); I shed, bestow liberally.

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
="kepha31, post: 4175584, member: 30332"]There are terms describing this kind of post:
Shot gun tactic
Cluster Bomb tactic
Headless chicken comments
Flaming zingers
Non sequitur and red herring soup
You missed one. TRUTH! You close your eyes and harden your heart to it.

Hear what Jesus says:

"Their worship is a farce, for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God."
Matthew 15:9

Unification

The mortal body is not the temple of God a Spirit but rather the one body of Christ made up of different parts , known as churches" that are called churches of God and churches of Christ in which abides YHWH-pronounced as YaH who's title in scripture is Father of spirits the God and Father of the spirit Christ

In the One Body of Christ abides the spirit Son Christ and YaH Elohim the Father of spirits.
(John 14:23 KJV) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

(1 Cor 12:27 KJV) Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

(Heb 12:9 KJV) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

(1 Cor 11:16 KJV) But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
(Rom 16:16 KJV) Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

(John 14:23 KJV) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

(John 20:17 KJV) Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

(John 20:17 KJV) Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

(2 Cor 11:31 KJV) The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

(Eph 1:3 KJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

(Eph 4:6 KJV) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
That would include Jesus Christ.

(1 Pet 1:3 KJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

willyah

Thank you for the response. I know the life in me, and that any and only change comes from within a man/woman. There is vanity and there is inner. "And IN you all."

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
"kepha31, post: 4174743, member: 30332"] Not all prayer is worship
Really? Please prove that with Scripture.

Where in the Bible does it say every Christian practice must be explicitly found in the Bible? Chapter and verse, please.
"don't go beyond what is written" is not a command to read the Bible the same way a Muslim reads the Qu'ran.

I am so happy you asked this question. There are so many verses (I don't know where to start) that teach us that the Holy Scriptures are all we need, and that the traditions of men nullify the word of God.

I pray with all my heart that you read each one and consider what is being said, and not just skim over what I've written.

"Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that in us you might learn not to exceed what is written, in order that no one of you might become arrogant in behalf of one against the other." (I Corinthians 4:6).

Can you explain, in your own words, what it means to not go beyond what is written? What did Paul mean by "I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes?" And how would it cause the Christians at Corinth to become arrogant if they did go beyond what was written? I suggest reading the verse in its entire context, beginning in chapter 3. That's what I had to do to fully understand why Paul said what he did. I look forward to your explanation.

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. (Proverbs 30:5)

2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you. (Deuteronomy 4:2)

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll. (Rev. 22:18)

Does the Bible not teach that the Scriptures thoroughly equip us? What more do we need?

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The traditions of the apostles were the traditions they learned from both the scriptures and the Lord Jesus Christ. The apostles taught them both verbally and written.

Did you know that the word "traditions" is used only 14 times in the New Testament, and in all but two, the word is used in a derogatory manner?

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition [paradosis i.e. law or ordinance] which he received of us. (2 Thess. 3:6)

15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions [paradosis i.e. law or ordinance]which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. (2 Thessalonians 2:13)

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances [paradosis i.e. tradition], as I delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Col. 2:8)

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:5)

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. (Acts 5:29)

And from the Savior's own lips:

Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,but their hearts are far from me. 9 They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.’ (Matthew 15: 6-9)

6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me. 7 They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.’
8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human tradition. (Mark 7:6-8)

Think about this. If all the teachings of men were tossed out in favor of relying only on the teachings of the Bible, religious division would melt away, and our Lord's desire for unity would be achieved. But if the religious world is unwilling to do so, at least I can resolve to serve the Lord in such a way myself, joining with others who are willing to do the same, standing on His word alone.

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
re: Bible Idolatry.

Catholics get told we don't worship the Bible...so that must mean they worship the Bible. We also believe stuff like...even people who can't read or even own a Bible can be saved.
Are you saying that a person who reads, studies, and obeys the commands set forth by God in the Bible are worshiping the Bible? The Bible definition of worship is to bow down to, and to kiss. I don't know anyone who bows down to the Bible or kisses it. There may well be people who do, but I've never met one. On the other hand, I do know people who not only bow down to statues of Mary, they kiss her feet, hands, etc.

Last edited:

Unification

I am so happy you asked this question. There are so many verses (I don't know where to start) that teach us that the Holy Scriptures are all we need, and that the traditions of men nullify the word of God.

I pray with all my heart that you read each one and consider what is being said, and not just skim over what I've written.

"Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that in us you might learn not to exceed what is written, in order that no one of you might become arrogant in behalf of one against the other." (I Corinthians 4:6).

Can you explain, in your own words, what it means to not go beyond what is written? What did Paul mean by "I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes?" And how would it cause the Christians at Corinth to become arrogant if they did go beyond what was written? I suggest reading the verse in its entire context, beginning in chapter 3. That's what I had to do to fully understand why Paul said what he did. I look forward to your explanation.

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. (Proverbs 30:5)

2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you. (Deuteronomy 4:2)

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll. (Rev. 22:18)

Does the Bible not teach that the Scriptures thoroughly equip us? What more do we need?

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The traditions of the apostles were the traditions they learned from both the scriptures and the Lord Jesus Christ. The apostles taught them both verbally and written.

Did you know that the word "traditions" is used only 14 times in the New Testament, and in all but two, the word is used in a derogatory manner?

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition [paradosis i.e. law or ordinance] which he received of us. (2 Thess. 3:6)

15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions [paradosis i.e. law or ordinance]which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. (2 Thessalonians 2:13)

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances [paradosis i.e. tradition], as I delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Col. 2:8)

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:5)

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. (Acts 5:29)

And from the Savior's own lips:

Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,but their hearts are far from me. 9 They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.’ (Matthew 15: 6-9)

6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me. 7 They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.’
8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human tradition. (Mark 7:6-8)

Think about this. If all the teachings of men were tossed out in favor of relying only on the teachings of the Bible, religious division would melt away, and our Lord's desire for unity would be achieved. But if the religious world is unwilling to do so, at least I can resolve to serve the Lord in such a way myself, joining with others who are willing to do the same, standing on His word alone.

As far as the book of Revelation, He is speaking of adding words to that particular book of Revelation. Being a hypocrite yourself and a man teacher which teaches that this applies to the entire bible... Is just that, teaching and tradition of men, and adding words yourself.
If no words were added or removed from all other books, what would be the need to warn to add to the particular book and scroll of Revelation?

1Corinthians4:6, And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.
-hardly talking about the bible, and if so... Paul was referring to the Old Testament as were Jesus and everyone else.

All scripture is God breathed- Timothy referring to the Old Testament, not the bible, or New Testament.

Put your trust in God, not the bible.
Letter kills, Spirit gives life.
Search the scriptures thinking in them you have life, but true life is coming to God.

Essentially, human rules are stating the bible is final authority and inerrant, and the same people use this bible to oppress and control others, and teach lies. The Word of God, is Christ... Not the bible. You have said yourself the only way to know God is the bible, yet are the same hypocrite who says Christ is the only intercessor to know God. Which is it? Who is between you and God, the bible or Christ?

Who put the bible together? Man. Who picked and chose, added and removed to fit their beliefs? Man. Do you know these men? Have you heard their testimony or credentials? The same folks who put the bible together are the same folks who murdered folks for going against anything they say, or going against the vain church building of man empire. Money and power.

There is nothing wrong with scripture, when you teach yourself and other men teach, it's all lies. There is one teacher, spirit teaches things written of spirit.

The bible is your strong idol and being obsessed with it as such, is a work of the flesh and there is no life in it. One must be careful how they use it. The words are useless and meaningless if not known and inscribed in hearts and minds... Where it's meant to be written.

chlotilde

Madame Curie
Are you saying that a person who reads, studies, and obeys the commands set forth by God in the Bible are worshiping the Bible? .
No...but I would say someone who thinks those words written within somehow hold more importance than the Truth of God, might…because the Truth of God is far greater than that book could hold.

The Bible definition of worship is to bow down to, and to kiss.
Is that how you worship?

lovemuffin

τὸν ἄρτον τοῦ ἔρωτος
The Bible definition of worship is to bow down to, and to kiss. .

If that is what worship is, may I ask how do you worship the invisible God? That is, to what do you bow down and offer a kiss?

edit: I should have scrolled down first, didn't realize I was just repeating chlotilde, but hopefully the point of the question is clear

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
No...but I would say someone who thinks those words written within somehow hold more importance than the Truth of God, might…because the Truth of God is far greater than that book could hold.

Is that how you worship?

The Bible is the truth of God. He gave us what we needed in His word to know how to be saved, and how to live a life pleasing to Him. Saying we need more is insulting to God. You're suggesting God doesn't know what our needs are.

I worship Him according to the way He told us to in the New Testament. I pray to Him through His Son. I sing praises to Him. I listen to His word being taught and preached. I contribute to the needs of others, and I share communion each Lord's Day.

All of the above are acts or forms of worship according to the NT.

Our worship is to be in spirit and truth, that is, with the correct attitude, and done in the way God has directed, not what men say.

Look up the definition of worship for yourself.

Last edited:

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
="well named, post: 4176002, member: 56282"]If that is what worship is, may I ask how do you worship the invisible God? That is, to what do you bow down and offer a kiss?

edit: I should have scrolled down first, didn't realize I was just repeating chlotilde, but hopefully the point of the question is clear
See my post to chlotilde.

lovemuffin

τὸν ἄρτον τοῦ ἔρωτος
OK. Then it is the case that "to bown down to, and to kiss" is insufficient as the biblical definition of worship, if prayer, songs, and hearing the word are also forms of worship in the N.T. We are in agreement about that .

It also turns out that "worship" is an insufficient definition of προσκυνέω. To give an example, in the Septuagint translation of Exodus 18:7, the word is used in a very literal sense, but does not indicate "worship" in the modern english sense: "Moses went out to meet his father-in-law and bowed down and kissed him." Greek here. Or consider Matthew 18:26, which the ESV translates as "So the servant fell on his knees, imploring him..." but which, in the greek, uses προσκυνέω.

You can also see the various shades of meaning here.

So you have said that "bowing before and kissing statues is worship" because "to bown down to, and to kiss" is the biblical definition of worship, but this is not correct, and so you should not claim that the mere fact that catholics and orthodox kiss statues or make bows (this is more orthodox than catholic) constitutes worship.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Katiemygirl,

I addition to my posts 53, 241 ,and 240, I have a question for you.

If you personally went into a Catholic Church, knelt in front of the Statue of Mary, and said "Our Father, who art in heaven..." would you personally feel you are worshiping Mary by being in front of her or would you be worshiping Christ regardless of where you are?

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't have to accuse catholics of anything. They have made the statements that Mary is co-mediator, co-redeemer. Mary is neither. Mary is not, nor will she ever be a mediator.

She isn't a mediator. Never was, never will be. Please read the Catechism. Those are the tenants of Catholicism itself. You can't argue against something you have not experienced, believe in, or have any facts to demonstrate your point to be against it.

edit:

Also:

Colossians 2:8 Says "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."

Prayer is a conversation with God. If you go to any Mass sometime in your life, listen to how Catholics pray to Christ. Mary is not the center of attention. The Biggest hint that Mary is not worshiped is she is not in the Eucharist.

Each devotional practice/tradition compliments worship to Christ it is not in replace of any other form of Christian worship to Him.

The only parts of the Church that are needed to have a full devotion to Christ are the sacraments and the People. We need no statues, buildings, robes, and confessional booths.

Not everyone understands Catholicism because not everyone experiences what it means to be one community--one Body--in Christ (aka to be Catholic) who, together, participates in Christ's Crucifixion (forgiveness and departing from our sins) and resurrection (being born again).

Christ did not want anyone to put their traditions over God. No where in the Bible does it state or imply that traditions cannot help anyone worship Christ. (Bible study included)

Last edited:

kepha31

Here it is again:
After Paul's first visit to Corinth, to establish the "Church" he discovered that the church was in the process of splitting with some factions claiming they belonged to "Paul" others to "Peter" and still others claiming to have a relationship with "JESUS" that no other group had.
Pauls declaration
not to go beyond what is written ( or set down) was intended to bring the Church back to the faith and away from all the factions that were splitting the Church through the different interpretations and claims of authority.
As per philosophy professor Peter Kreeft advises, "We do not have the authority to edit the words of GOD", which was what was happening in Corinth - and following Father Martin Luther's posting of the 99 thesis.
-claims of private authority happens when people force fit this verse into a box. The focus of the verses is on authority of the Church, that no one become arrogant, it does not support sola scriptura. Anyone who interpreted scripture to support a faction apart from Apostolic Teaching were arrogant.

Many scholars believe the phrase "don't go above the line" was inserted by a translator as an instruction to someone in the translation process. Others say Paul is quoting a proverb regarding kids learning to write by tracing letters. By saying don't go above line, Paul is probably instructing them not to be arrogant. But even if the phrase is taken literally, to what was Paul referring? The Talmud? The Mosaic law? The Old Testament Scriptures? This proves too much for the Protestant because there was no New Testament canon at the time Paul wrote this, and the text says nothing about the Bible being the sole rule and guide of faith

Every word of God is pure
: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. (Proverbs 30:5)

It doesn't say written word(s). Most of all it doesn't say "Every written word alone of God is pure". That's what you read into it and you are wrong.

2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it
, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you. (Deuteronomy 4:2)

What statutes and judgments is God commanding here? This verse does not support sola scriptura.

This verse applies only to the Book of Revelation.

The man of God is not each individual bible reader. In every instance in the Bible, the "man of God" is
A) an ordained clergyman, or,
B) one called directly by God who is followed by signs and wonders
That rules out most of us.

Yes, but you think the sacredness of this Tradition expired. I'd like to see a verse for that one.

What is derogatory is on those who refuse to follow the "traditions which he received of us". That's what it means.

15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions [paradosis i.e. law or ordinance]which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
(2 Thessalonians 2:13)

Funny how oral tradition is listed first.

Funny how Paul doesn't say, "keep the letters as I delivered them to you."

Well, if Paul on one hand says to keep tradition, then condemns them as traditions of men, I'd say there is something definitely wrong with your interpretation. Lumping "traditions of men" with Sacred Tradition will just make you look foolish.

somebody better tell that to the Angels in Heaven then...cuz they apparently say the same words over and over.
Rev. 4:8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,' who was, and is, and is to come."
Nope.You are mistaken and take scripture out of context.

Rev. 4:8 reveals a repetitious prayer, no matter what "context" you want to use.

You are mistaken.They are not praying.That passage says much but you have to know what words mean in God's language of symbolism.For instance,the number 3 in Gods language represents emphasis and intensity.So when the angels are saying holy, holy, holy three times, they are emphasizing God's power and holiness.The number 7 represents completion.6 represents imperfection.There is much more.

Here is something interesting for you to read about that entire passage.

"Jehovah’s Praises Ring Out

23 John continues his description: “And as for the four living creatures, each one of them respectively has six wings; round about and underneath they are full of eyes. And they have no rest day and night as they say: ‘Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is coming.’” (Revelation 4:8) This fullness of eyes suggests complete and farsighted vision. The four living creatures exercise this unceasingly, as they have no need of sleep. They imitate the One of whom it is written: “As regards Jehovah, his eyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9) Having so great a number of eyes, the cherubs can see everywhere. Nothing escapes their attention. Thus they are well-equipped to serve God in his work of judging. Of him it is said: “The eyes of Jehovah are in every place, keeping watch upon the bad ones and the good ones.” (Proverbs 15:3) And with three pairs of wings—the number three being used in the Bible for emphasis—the cherubs can move with lightning swiftness to herald Jehovah’s judgments and execute them.

24 Listen! Melodious, soul stirring, is the song of praise that the cherubs render to Jehovah: “Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is coming.” Again, the threeness indicates intensity. The cherubs strongly affirm the holiness of Jehovah God. He is the Source and the ultimate Standard of holiness. He is also “the King of eternity,” always “the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” (1 Timothy 1:17; Revelation 22:13) The cherubs take no rest periods as they proclaim the matchless qualities of Jehovah before all creation."
WOL