• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men boxing women??- Int'l boxing organization starting transgender league over 'safety' concerns

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It's about time people start to call out the reality that transgender people are simply not 100% real men or women at all from a physical standpoint.

Mentally is arguable, hence the drive to physically change, but certainly not physically on par with natural sexes. Sorry , but it's the hard fact of the matter.

I agree they should have a separate sports category all their own so it dosent create unfair advantages nor disadvantages for that matter.

I actually agree with what you said. The only thing I have disagreed with is people calling transgender females "men".

We Never Know

No Slack
They might do well, but depends on things like weight, athleticism, etc. And of course, how long they've been on testosterone can prove a factor.

Do you really believe that?? Have you checked the stats on an average linebacker?

The average is Height: 6'2" Weight: 220 lbs.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If they have balls and are swinging a ****,,, they are males,,, regardless of their feelings.

That's just your opinion, though.

My gender identity is kind of somewhere between trans female and Gender Fluid, but if you want to call me a male, in the name of accuracy.... I'll call you a Republican conservative who listens to Fox News in the name of accuracy, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

We Never Know

No Slack

My gender identity is kind of somewhere between trans female and Gender Fluid, but if you want to call me a male, in the name of accuracy.... I'll call you a Republican conservative who listens to Fox News in the name of accuracy, as well.

Do females have male organs? Do males have female organs?

If I think, believe and identify as a cat...does that make me a cat?

We Never Know

No Slack

Straight up question... If a person is born a male,, how the hell do they know how a female feels?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
As you do very day here. So your point is ??

My point is that there are better ways to discuss this subject, which can get points across, and might even reach friendly agreement from both sides, but speaking with an agenda, calling trans females "males", is hurtful, I feel it's a form of persecution, and it makes things purely political. And while I won't hold it against you personally, the next time I see the GOP, the starter of a lot of this anti-trans rhetoric that you guys repeat, fumble, you better believe I will bring it up.

We Never Know

No Slack
My point is that there are better ways to discuss this subject, which can get points across, and might even reach friendly agreement from both sides, but speaking with an agenda, calling trans females "males", is hurtful, I feel it's a form of persecution, and it makes things purely political. And while I won't hold it against you personally, the next time I see the GOP, the starter of a lot of this anti-trans rhetoric that you guys repeat, fumble, you better believe I will bring it up.

If a person is born male, how can they claim they know how it feels to be female?? Do you have ovaries? Have periods? Etc etc?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Males dominating and beating down females, in the name of “inclusivity” and wokeness… is beyond pathetic, and disgraceful.

That's not happening and isn't even the issue in question here. The subject is trans women's competition in women's sports, not male participation.

I realize some people might want to equate the two and brush aside the existence of trans people and the medical fact that gender and sex are different, but beliefs that ignore established science are not the authority on who should participate in which sports.

Transgenders must be banned from women’s sports… all of them. They can compete in the everyone category (Men’s sports), or in their own division.

Thankfully, most sports ruling bodies know better than to adopt such a view that lacks any nuance or acknowledgement of the complexity of the issue. Some condition trans women's participation on meeting specific criteria, some are still ironing out their policies, and some, like the World Boxing Council, are creating a new category for trans people for now.

It's far from a simple matter, and the sociopolitical bugbears of a certain subset of the population shouldn't dictate scientific and medical questions.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If a person is born male, how can they claim they know how it feels to be female??

I was born with an androgynous brain more or less and realized more about what it was like to have estrogen in your system upon taking estradiol, and also have been socially transitioning for about a year, give or take, getting to know communities that way and also seeing in real life how I'm treated.

We Never Know

No Slack
I was born with an androgynous brain more or less and realized more about what it was like to have estrogen in your system upon taking estradiol, and also have been socially transitioning for about a year, give or take, getting to know communities that way and also seeing in real life how I'm treated.

Do you have ovaries? Have periods? Have a uterus? Do you drop eggs monthly? Can you get pregnant?
Those are some things born females have/experience.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If a person is born male, how can they claim they know how it feels to be female?? Do you have ovaries? Have periods? Etc etc?

Although I may not have periods, there is a theory some trans women on HRT hold that there is a hormonal cycle that comes with the HRT despite them not experiencing blood loss.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

It's wise and tactful for everyone, trans or otherwise, not to assume they know what an experience feels like if they haven't been through it themselves. I would agree a trans woman shouldn't assume she knew what growing up as a cis woman was like, for example.

What you're talking about is biology, though, which is not the sole determinant of gender—that is, while most people identify as the gender matching their birth sex, some don't.

This might be a useful resource here:

'Sex' and 'gender' are often used interchangeably, despite having different meanings:

Sex refers to a set of biological attributes in humans and animals. It is primarily associated with physical and physiological features including chromosomes, gene expression, hormone levels and function, and reproductive/sexual anatomy. Sex is usually categorized as female or male but there is variation in the biological attributes that comprise sex and how those attributes are expressed.

Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, expressions and identities of girls, women, boys, men, and gender diverse people. It influences how people perceive themselves and each other, how they act and interact, and the distribution of power and resources in society. Gender identity is not confined to a binary (girl/woman, boy/man) nor is it static; it exists along a continuum and can change over time. There is considerable diversity in how individuals and groups understand, experience and express gender through the roles they take on, the expectations placed on them, relations with others and the complex ways that gender is institutionalized in society.

What is gender? What is sex? - CIHR

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Do you have ovaries? Have periods? Have a uterus? Do you drop eggs monthly? Can you get pregnant?
Those are some things born females have/experience.

I wasn't asking you to call a trans woman a cis woman. If anything, I was just asking you to call a trans woman a trans woman.