• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men boxing women??- Int'l boxing organization starting transgender league over 'safety' concerns

Misunderstood

Let's not forget that it's embarrassing to get beat up by a girl.

I only have one child, a daughter. As such being her Dad makes me very proud. Not only did she graduate #1 and Valedictorian in her class with Honors. She played Boys tackle football since 2nd grade. Probably because I liked football and she wanted to make me happy.

When she was in High School she still played Tackle football. Not sure why but a boy started giving a friend of hers flack, maybe to get cred for beating up a football player, and since she was a girl thought it would be the best choice. Really not sure.

Anyway she tells him to cut it out.

The normal reply "who is going to make me"

That goes back and forth a bit, till he calls her out. After a bit of a crowd started to form.

She says "OK" "But, I don't see any up side for you. You beat me up; your just a guy that beat up a girl defending her friend. If I beat you up, your the guy that that got beat up by a girl. I don't see how it will turn out good for you"

She Continues to say "For me, if I get beat up, I will be know as the girl that will stand up for her friends against anyone even a boy that's a bully. I may lose, but will become a legend in the end. If I win, I will be the girl that beat you up. I see no down side for me."

He walked away, and she never had trouble with anyone through the rest of HS.

I feel that girls who have grown up as a girl their whole life shouldn't have to have life complicated by having to compete not only against girls, but guys that want to become girls. Most people, boy or girl, will not ever make it to a national stage, it is not a right for either sex, it is a lot of work and sacrifice, and those few who do make it, should not get there only to have it taken away by someone that decided to change teams so to speak.

If a guy wants to be a girl, they should be happy to be accepted, and be glad when a girl makes an accomplishment in a national stage. Don't compete against them, just be happy in your new femininity, because competing against them is going to turn quit a few against you.

We Never Know

No Slack
Crossdressing is an entirely different thing. As you said, it's often just a show. Gender identity and gender dysphoria are not.

This might be useful to elaborate on how gender dysphoria is a very real thing that has nothing to do with mere crossdressing or identifying as a tiger:

Gender dysphoria

Or just maybe time takes its toll,,,, as usual. Some early, some later

"Later in life (sometimes in their 50s or 60s), some men who were cross-dressers only in their teens and twenties develop gender dysphoria"

God forbid that. Its not politically correct and stigmatizes others.

Transvestism - Mental Health Disorders - Merck Manuals Consumer Version.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Or just maybe time takes its toll,,,, as usual. Some early, some later

"Later in life (sometimes in their 50s or 60s), some men who were cross-dressers only in their teens and twenties develop gender dysphoria"

God forbid that. Its not politically correct and stigmatizes others.

There's no current evidence that crossdressing causes gender dysphoria, though. The article only notes a correlation in a subset of cases, but it doesn't imply causation between the two.

Also, there are women who present as masculine but don't have gender dysphoria. Tomboys don't have to be trans.

This is about a sexual urge to cross-dress, not gender identity. It also notes that doctors only diagnose transvestism as a disorder when it causes distress or dysfunction:

Doctors diagnose transvestic disorder when people are greatly distressed by or cannot function well because of their desire to cross-dress.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's just your opinion, though.
Let me set you straight....
God creates men (xy chromosomes) & women (xx chromosomes).
There is no in between or "other"....no xxy, xxyy, xyy, or xxxyy.
There is no male brain in a woman's body or vice versa.
Those would be mistakes, & we know that God's creations
are perfect. There are no birth defects...just His Majesty
working in mysterious ways. As is oft said, "God doesn't
give you anything you can't handle."

Trans men are still women, & trans women are still men.
Men who decide they want to be women (& vice versa)
are transvestites....just extreme perverts who want to
corrupt children.
The Bible says so. Prolly the Koran & Torah too.
(I don't know which passages though.)

I have spoken.

Last edited:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
There is no in between or "other"....no xxy or xxyy.

corrupt children.

I have spoken.

You may have spoken but you were wrong.

Klinefelter (XXY) syndrome

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
There is no in between or "other"....no xxy or xxyy.

corrupt children.

I have spoken.

You forgot the part where Revelation is an allegory about Trump going to trial. And when he either gets freed or isn't charged, he and Rupert Murdoch will populate the new Earth (which happens to be round this time). And all the Christians & some Messianic Jews will live on this new Earth called Paradise and then it shall be revealed, the Holy Spirit is Trump. The old Earth will burn away with all the adulterers, transgender people & people who made the Redskins football team change their name. And I will burn with fire, because I sided with Ukraine when they warred with God's chosen one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You may have spoken but you were wrong.

Klinefelter (XXY) syndrome
That's just propaganda from the Medical Industrial Complex.
They're all salivating greedy atheists who hate God, & push
their fake science purely for profit by mutilating people.
Read your Bible...it'll tell you all you need to know about
genetics, sexuality, gender, biology, geology, & cosmology.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
genetics, sexuality, gender, & cosmology.

It does explain your pert breasts.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
genetics, sexuality, gender, biology, geology, & cosmology.

And let's not forget dating, relationships, menu choices, future events. All the things you need to know to live this life for the next, and enter the new life singing Christian songs (and Skillet).

Brian2

Veteran Member

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I actually agree with what you said. The only thing I have disagreed with is people calling transgender females "men".
Transgender is fine. I don't regard them as women either, or male opposite the sex they were born with.

PureX

Veteran Member
With careful testing to ensure physical equivalence, anyone could engage in any sport with anyone else, regardless of gender. Leaving skill and tenacity to determine the winner.

The point is that we can no longer just use gender to decide who can compete with whom, anymore. Those days are past. Nowadays, we are going to have to generate and employ more precise metrics to decide that. Once we all get over the whining and complaining, it won't be that difficult.

With careful testing to ensure physical equivalence, anyone could engage in any sport with anyone else, regardless of gender. Leaving skill and tenacity to determine the winner.

The only problem being such testing doesn’t exist and would be excessively expensive and logistically challenging if it ever were invented.

This kind of solution is usually promoted by people with absolutely no interest in sports who don’t realise how impractical it is.

How do you think this would work for boxing? What would constitute “physical equivalence”?

What criteria would define each weight class other than weight?

PureX

Veteran Member
The only problem being such testing doesn’t exist and would be excessively expensive and logistically challenging if it ever were invented.

This kind of solution is usually promoted by people with absolutely no interest in sports who don’t realise how impractical it is.

How do you think this would work for boxing? What would constitute “physical equivalence”?

What criteria would define each weight class other than weight?
Strength, size, agility, quickness, and more, can all be measured as needed to keep competitors with an reasonable range. Gender was actually a rather foolish determinant, and will no longer suffice.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Transgender is fine. I don't regard them as women either, or male opposite the sex they were born with.
Would you legally require this "woman" (Chaz Bono)
to use the same bathroom as young girls?
MV5BMDY4YzliNzUtNjVmZC00YmJmLTgwYzEtYjAxOGZiNTJjNjc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_UY209_CR10,0,140,209_AL_.jpg

Would you legally require Laverne Cox to use the
same public lavatories as other "men"?
MV5BNTM4MTk2NTQ2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzcwNzc4NzE@._V1_UX140_CR0,0,140,209_AL_.jpg

I see a big problem with defining sex as what's
assigned at birth without considering subsequent
changes. And of course, what should be done
with intersex people, who could appear either
way, but are wrongly assigned at birth?

How do the Bible, Koran, & Torah address
these complexities?

Last edited:
Strength, size, agility, quickness, and more, can all be measured as needed to keep competitors with an reasonable range. Gender was actually a rather foolish determinant, and will no longer suffice.

How can you measure these? People could just underperform in speed tests to get easier fights.

Who is paying for this at amateur level?

who is handicapping based on differences in muscle type, bone density etc.?

And how do you create meaningful categories to fight in like middleweight or heavyweight?

Far from being foolish, sex and weight with a bit of common sense works pretty well.

Can I ask if you have much interest in sports? These kind of solutions are economically, logistically and scientifically bad, and also terrible from a sporting perspective too.