• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More attacks on Free Speech in the UK

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well I guess strike down the laws criminalizing cross burning and apologize to racists for infringing on their God given right to terrorize people of color.
Now you're venturing away from hate speech
to crimes such as vandalism & assault. These
are crimes independent of hatred & hate speech.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Because that's not even a thing.

You're not the first poster on RF to trot out the "it's not happening" argument. At this point I just have to laugh.

It's SUCH a bad argument:

- it somehow assumes that you know EVERYTHING that's going on in the world :)
- in general in logical discourse, it's well known that it's virtually impossible to prove that a thing does not exist.

Now, I don't believe in unicorns, but that said, please prove to us that they don't exist :)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You're not the first poster on RF to trot out the "it's not happening" argument. At this point I just have to laugh.

- in general in logical discourse, it's well known that it's virtually impossible to prove that a thing does not exist.

Now, I don't believe in unicorns, but that said, please prove to us that they don't exist :)

Yeah, now show with evidence that there are bad people.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
@icehorse clearly does not know the difference between a wish and a goal. It's bound to have an effect on how his/her life turns out.
I've learned thru long experience that if @Argentbear disagrees with you, no evidence you provide is sufficient. He has repeatedly demonstrated an unwillingness to separate the message from the messenger.

I would hope that it would be clear to you by now that the MSM will be extremely reticent to criticize Islam. So of course you have to look a little deeper. And again, that's why I recommend - if you actually care about the truth - that you have to analyze many links to see if patterns emerge.

Pawpatrol

The term I'm referring to is "a Muslim that is sharia based". To start with a person can't be "based" on a law.

Of course the poster is trying to say, she wants to know the percentage of Muslims who believe in the sharia law as being the divine law that should exist everywhere possible.

A person who doesn't believe in the divinity and superiority of the sharia is not a Muslim. A person who believes in the sharia or is "based on sharia", if you like, is a Muslim by definition.

Argentbear

I've learned thru long experience that if @Argentbear disagrees with you, no evidence you provide is sufficient.
any factual evidence would be accepted but you consistently refuse to back any of your claims
He has repeatedly demonstrated an unwillingness to separate the message from the messenger.
wow....Irony
I would hope that it would be clear to you by now that the MSM will be extremely reticent to criticize Islam. So of course you have to look a little deeper. And again, that's why I recommend - if you actually care about the truth - that you have to analyze many links to see if patterns emerge.
Links you refuse to provide

Secret Chief

Degrow!

You live in the US yet seem to know my country better than I do.

Here's a very small straw poll: the Muslim that I work with is gay.

Pawpatrol

I also found thishttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_Kingdom interesting, and it says that the "vast majority" of Muslims in the UK are Sunni Muslims, which is very orthodox and traditional.
The vast majority of all Muslims in the world are "sunni" Muslims, and you certainly don't want to get involved with those who are not (based on some of their stories, you'd think they should be on medication..).

There is no such thing as "nontraditional" Islam. If it's not traditional, it's not Islam.
I'm a Muslim myself. One of those scary "sunni" Muslims. I don't take any "liberal Muslims" as friends to begin with. All my friends are traditional conservative Muslims.

The Muslim community is 1000% kinder and more sincere with you than you are with them.

Pawpatrol

You live in the US yet seem to know my country better than I do.

Here's a very small straw poll: the Muslim that I work with is gay.
If he doesn't lead such a lifestyle and knows it would be a major sin, I have nothing to say here.

If he says it's okay to lead such a lifestyle, he's not a Muslim.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
The vast majority of all Muslims in the world are "sunni" Muslims, and you certainly don't want to get involved with those who are not (based on some of their stories, you'd think they should be on medication..).

There is no such thing as "nontraditional" Islam. If it's not traditional, it's not Islam.

I'm a Muslim myself. One of those scary "sunni" Muslims. I don't take any "liberal Muslims" as friends to begin with. All my friends are traditional conservative Muslims.

The Muslim community is 1000% kinder and more sincere with you than you are with them.
Interesting. My son is in the US Army and most of his interactions, which were negative, I might add, were with Sunnis.

Ebionite

Interesting. My son is in the US Army and most of his interactions, which were negative, I might add, were with Sunnis.
Violent extremism is found mostly with the Sunnis, rather than Shia Islam. Those most opposed to violence are the Ahmadiyya Muslims, who have a different interpretation of the title of seal of the prophets which is applied to Muhammad. The prophetic context supports the Ahmadiyyas, not that of mainstream Islam.