• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More attacks on Free Speech in the UK

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Compared to Trump just about everyone else is honest. Keir Starmer I consider a very honest person.
What do you mean by sunlight?

I don't know much about Starmer other than what I've heard in the last few days. And I understand politicians are mostly coerced and blackmailed into taking many dishonest stances, so he could well be better than average, as politicians go. But here's what I've observed from him already:

- He tries to paint the rioters as being "right wing thugs". No doubt some of them are, but many are just normal Brits fed up with mass immigration.
- He dodges the real issues with mass immigration.

Staying with the current situation in the UK to talk about sunlight:

A large percentage of Muslim immigrants to Europe are Islamists. By "islamist" I mean a Muslim whose goal is to undermine secular society and install a Sharia-based theocracy. Of course not all Muslim immigrants feel this way, but a substantial percentage do. Maybe 30% or 40% or even 50%?

This point is never acknowledged by those in power. If this information had been honestly disseminated starting 30 or 40 years ago, Europe would be in a very different place than it is now.

Another point is that politicians are bound to fight for "economic growth", even though that's not a sustainable goal. If we expose Britian's economic growth to sunlight we'll see it's only "growth" when viewed thru very special lenses. This "growth" is based on exploiting immigrants to do low paying work. This "growth" has not benefitted average Brits at all, in fact the opposite is true.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I don't know much about Starmer other than what I've heard in the last few days. And I understand politicians are mostly coerced and blackmailed into taking many dishonest stances, so he could well be better than average, as politicians go. But here's what I've observed from him already:

- He tries to paint the rioters as being "right wing thugs". No doubt some of them are, but many are just normal Brits fed up with mass immigration.
- He dodges the real issues with mass immigration.

Staying with the current situation in the UK to talk about sunlight:

A large percentage of Muslim immigrants to Europe are Islamists. By "islamist" I mean a Muslim whose goal is to undermine secular society and install a Sharia-based theocracy. Of course not all Muslim immigrants feel this way, but a substantial percentage do. Maybe 30% or 40% or even 50%?

This point is never acknowledged by those in power. If this information had been honestly disseminated starting 30 or 40 years ago, Europe would be in a very different place than it is now.

Another point is that politicians are bound to fight for "economic growth", even though that's not a sustainable goal. If we expose Britian's economic growth to sunlight we'll see it's only "growth" when viewed thru very special lenses. This "growth" is based on exploiting immigrants to do low paying work. This "growth" has not benefitted average Brits at all, in fact the opposite is true.

None of that is illegal to say in Denmark.

Argentbear

Free speech is only a valuable right if one
may say offensive & unpopular things.
Otherwise government could get away with
banning things politicians have tried to &
want to criminalize, eg, insulting cops,
criticizing judges, supporting communism,
& best of all, blasphemy.
but you do have the right to say offensive and unpopular things but if you engage in hate speech you will face legal consequences for your choice to do so.

Argentbear

Any actual evidence to back this up?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
but you do have the right to say offensive and unpopular things but if you engage in hate speech you will face legal consequences for your choice to do so.
One person's hate speech is another's
political or religious speech. Or social
commentary. I don't trust government
with the power to decide & enforce it.

Argentbear

One person's hate speech is another's
political or religious speech. Or social
commentary. I don't trust government
with the power to decide & enforce it.
so is this social commentary or religious speech?

1724182590953.jpeg

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I have been trying to figure out the percentage of Muslims in the UK who are Sharia law based but can't find any figures at all.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I have been trying to figure out the percentage of Muslims in the UK who are Sharia law based but can't find any figures at all.

As you might have seen on RF, when citations or links are given, they are often besmirched. I'm not saying you'd do that, but other do.

But if you do a search on the phrase "poll of muslims in the UK", you'll get quite a few results. My approach is to not take any single link too seriously, but to find patterns in the results. When I do this search I see a couple of patterns:

- Large percentages of Muslims in the UK support Hamas.
- Large percentage of Muslims in the UK support Sharia.
- Large percentages of Muslims in the UK think homosexuality should be illegal.

Your mileage may vary ;)

Argentbear

As you might have seen on RF, when citations or links are given, they are often besmirched. I'm not saying you'd do that, but other do.

But if you do a search on the phrase "poll of muslims in the UK", you'll get quite a few results. My approach is to not take any single link too seriously, but to find patterns in the results. When I do this search I see a couple of patterns:

- Large percentages of Muslims in the UK support Hamas.
- Large percentage of Muslims in the UK support Sharia.
- Large percentages of Muslims in the UK think homosexuality should be illegal.

Your mileage may vary ;)
So you got nothing to back up your claims. why am i not surprised?