• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother mary without sin?

wellwisher

Is mother Mary without sin?
Maternal love, does not judge, but rather maternal love, loves unconditionally. Law and knowledge of good and evil sets conditions, that are avoided by unconditional love. Conditional love is more paternal, since the father worries about the future, and has to set conditions to make the future brighter.

If we get back to Mary, she would start out, like all new mothers, who feel that natural maternal love for her child; unconditional. As Jesus got older, by being the son of God, he was a delight for any mother to have, never creating problems or talking back. It would be easy for Mary to stay in unconditional love mode, longer, delighting in her son and family.

If Jesus had been a nasty child, that could have put a strain on unconditional love, until judgments appear; scorned woman. Jesus never married, so Mary never had any female competition to make her resentful. God seemed to set Mary up for success.

Although, losing her son on the cross, may have saddened and hardened her, but she accepted her fate and returned to love. Mary Magdelan became sort of the surrogate daughter to Mary, after Jesus resurrected. She may have bought her heart back; the good daughter.

ChatwithGod

ChatwithGod.ai
In Christian doctrine, particularly within the Catholic Church, Mary is considered to have been conceived without original sin—a belief known as the Immaculate Conception. This idea highlights her purity, making her a fitting mother for Jesus Christ.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Mother mary without sin?
In Christian doctrine, particularly within the Catholic Church, Mary is considered to have been conceived without original sin—a belief known as the Immaculate Conception. This idea highlights her purity, making her a fitting mother for Jesus Christ.
The exact/correct position of conception is mentioned by One G-d as follows:

19:17
وَاذۡکُرۡ فِی الۡکِتٰبِ مَرۡیَمَ ۘ اِذِ انۡتَبَذَتۡ مِنۡ اَہۡلِہَا مَکَانًا شَرۡقِیًّا ﴿ۙ۱۷
And relate the story of Mary as mentioned in the Book. When she withdrew from her people to a place to the east,
19:18
فَاتَّخَذَتۡ مِنۡ دُوۡنِہِمۡ حِجَابًا ۪۟ فَاَرۡسَلۡنَاۤ اِلَیۡہَا رُوۡحَنَا فَتَمَثَّلَ لَہَا بَشَرًا سَوِیًّا ﴿۱۸
And screened herself off from them, then We sent Our angel to her, and he appeared to her in the form of a perfect man.
19:19
قَالَتۡ اِنِّیۡۤ اَعُوۡذُ بِالرَّحۡمٰنِ مِنۡکَ اِنۡ کُنۡتَ تَقِیًّا ﴿۱۹
She said, ‘I seek refuge with the Gracious God from thee if indeed thou dost fear Him.’
19:20
قَالَ اِنَّمَاۤ اَنَا رَسُوۡلُ رَبِّکِ ٭ۖ لِاَہَبَ لَکِ غُلٰمًا زَکِیًّا ﴿۲۰
He replied, ‘I am only a Messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a righteous son.’
19:21
قَالَتۡ اَنّٰی یَکُوۡنُ لِیۡ غُلٰمٌ وَّلَمۡ یَمۡسَسۡنِیۡ بَشَرٌ وَّلَمۡ اَکُ بَغِیًّا ﴿۲۱
She said, ‘How can I have a son when no man has touched me, neither have I been unchaste?’
19:22
قَالَ کَذٰلِکِ ۚ قَالَ رَبُّکِ ہُوَ عَلَیَّ ہَیِّنٌ ۚ وَلِنَجۡعَلَہٗۤ اٰیَۃً لِّلنَّاسِ وَرَحۡمَۃً مِّنَّا ۚ وَکَانَ اَمۡرًا مَّقۡضِیًّا ﴿۲۲
He replied, ‘Thus it is.’ But says thy Lord, ‘It is easy for Me; and We shall do so that We may make him a Sign unto men, and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing decreed.’
19:23
فَحَمَلَتۡہُ فَانۡتَبَذَتۡ بِہٖ مَکَانًا قَصِیًّا ﴿۲۳
So she conceived him, and withdrew with him to a remote place.
Original Arabic narration and text from Muhammad's time together with
English translation as understood by - Maulawi Sher Ali is given above^.
Right?

Regards

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Mother mary without sin?

The exact/correct position of conception is mentioned by One G-d as follows:

19:17
وَاذۡکُرۡ فِی الۡکِتٰبِ مَرۡیَمَ ۘ اِذِ انۡتَبَذَتۡ مِنۡ اَہۡلِہَا مَکَانًا شَرۡقِیًّا ﴿ۙ۱۷
And relate the story of Mary as mentioned in the Book. When she withdrew from her people to a place to the east,
19:18
فَاتَّخَذَتۡ مِنۡ دُوۡنِہِمۡ حِجَابًا ۪۟ فَاَرۡسَلۡنَاۤ اِلَیۡہَا رُوۡحَنَا فَتَمَثَّلَ لَہَا بَشَرًا سَوِیًّا ﴿۱۸
And screened herself off from them, then We sent Our angel to her, and he appeared to her in the form of a perfect man.
19:19
قَالَتۡ اِنِّیۡۤ اَعُوۡذُ بِالرَّحۡمٰنِ مِنۡکَ اِنۡ کُنۡتَ تَقِیًّا ﴿۱۹
She said, ‘I seek refuge with the Gracious God from thee if indeed thou dost fear Him.’
19:20
قَالَ اِنَّمَاۤ اَنَا رَسُوۡلُ رَبِّکِ ٭ۖ لِاَہَبَ لَکِ غُلٰمًا زَکِیًّا ﴿۲۰
He replied, ‘I am only a Messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a righteous son.’
19:21
قَالَتۡ اَنّٰی یَکُوۡنُ لِیۡ غُلٰمٌ وَّلَمۡ یَمۡسَسۡنِیۡ بَشَرٌ وَّلَمۡ اَکُ بَغِیًّا ﴿۲۱
She said, ‘How can I have a son when no man has touched me, neither have I been unchaste?’
19:22
قَالَ کَذٰلِکِ ۚ قَالَ رَبُّکِ ہُوَ عَلَیَّ ہَیِّنٌ ۚ وَلِنَجۡعَلَہٗۤ اٰیَۃً لِّلنَّاسِ وَرَحۡمَۃً مِّنَّا ۚ وَکَانَ اَمۡرًا مَّقۡضِیًّا ﴿۲۲
He replied, ‘Thus it is.’ But says thy Lord, ‘It is easy for Me; and We shall do so that We may make him a Sign unto men, and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing decreed.’
19:23
فَحَمَلَتۡہُ فَانۡتَبَذَتۡ بِہٖ مَکَانًا قَصِیًّا ﴿۲۳
So she conceived him, and withdrew with him to a remote place.
Original Arabic narration and text from Muhammad's time together with
English translation as understood by - Maulawi Sher Ali is given above^.
Right?

Regards
It makes no sense for you to quote the Quran to Christians who don't accept the Quran.

GoodAttention

Maternal love, does not judge, but rather maternal love, loves unconditionally. Law and knowledge of good and evil sets conditions, that are avoided by unconditional love. Conditional love is more paternal, since the father worries about the future, and has to set conditions to make the future brighter.

If we get back to Mary, she would start out, like all new mothers, who feel that natural maternal love for her child; unconditional. As Jesus got older, by being the son of God, he was a delight for any mother to have, never creating problems or talking back. It would be easy for Mary to stay in unconditional love mode, longer, delighting in her son and family.

If Jesus had been a nasty child, that could have put a strain on unconditional love, until judgments appear; scorned woman. Jesus never married, so Mary never had any female competition to make her resentful. God seemed to set Mary up for success.

Although, losing her son on the cross, may have saddened and hardened her, but she accepted her fate and returned to love. Mary Magdelan became sort of the surrogate daughter to Mary, after Jesus resurrected. She may have bought her heart back; the good daughter.

2 cents from linguistic potential.

In Tamil language we have Maariamma, one name for the first woman (born sinless) who asked God that her life be given so her daughter could return from death.

Not difficult to see both Islamic Mariam and Christian Mary in this name. Maariamma is the mother one who “changed” or maaru.

Magdelan is also interesting , if sounded out as Ma get thi lan. The first 3 sounds could be makathi, or makanthi, meaning emblic myrobalan.

Emblic myrobalan is the fruit of the Amla tree. The tree itself is considered by Vaishnavites as a “place” where God resides.

To say Mary Magdelan is an adopted daughter gives praise to Mary as a divine and universal mother, one who can comfort all the fruits of humanity (no matter who they are or were).

The “lan” ending for Magdelan makes the name masculine, the eternal reminder of Mary’s son.

Edit - Corrected Alma to amla

Last edited:

GoodAttention

2 cents from linguistic potential.

In Tamil language we have Maariamma, one name for the first woman (born sinless) who asked God that her life be given so her daughter could return from death.

Not difficult to see both Islamic Mariam and Christian Mary in this name. Maariamma is the mother one who “changed” or maaru.

Magdelan is also interesting , if sounded out as Ma get thi lan. The first 3 sounds could be makathi, or makanthi, meaning emblic myrobalan.

Emblic myrobalan is the fruit of the Alma tree. The tree itself is considered by Vaishnavites as a “place” where God resides.

To say Mary Magdelan is an adopted daughter gives praise to Mary as a divine and universal mother, one who can comfort all the fruits of humanity (no matter who they are or were).

The “lan” ending for Magdelan makes the name masculine, the eternal reminder of Mary’s son.

@John D. Brey

I hope you find this of interest, particularly when you look into the root and meaning of emblic myrobalan ;)

GoodAttention

I didn't insult you, I said you were a slow learner which was based on you repeating yourself and continuing to make statements I've already expressed my indifference to. You being offended does not equate an insult. I will remind you that you implied religious Jews are brainwashed which is in fact insulting.

Moreover for a guy who claims to have taught in a synagogue for twenty years one would think you'd know halakha better. "Tikkun olam" means to make the world better, such as charity or repairing societal wrongs. The term you want is probably "nivul peh" or "lashon hara" which means vulgar speech and negative speech respectively, but I didn't do those either. I wasn't being vulgar and I didn't damage you financially or socially.

You keep saying I'm misquoting you but never bother to correct me. I have a very high caliber bullpucky detector and can root out a smart donkey or a liar very, very quickly. Your own M.O. seems to be repeating your opinion as if it's absolute fact, then accusing someone of misquoting and insulting you when they don't put up with said bullpucky.

To reach a point of needing charity or righting a social wrong, those who are in need will make their circumstances known.

If considering a translation, tikkun, or tikku is the stuttering or stammering of words.

Olam is a lamentation or crying out to God asking for help.

If you see a person in such deep need that they can only stutter their pleas, then this is tikkun olam.

To consider such a sight sarcastic would render that person devoid of any compassion, perhaps because they are both deaf and blind to reality, and/or living in their own world.

Betho_br

1a. Verb Tense and Hebrew Grammar
Isaiah 9:6 uses past tense verbs to describe the birth of the child (“for unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given”), while the rest of the prophecy speaks of future events (“the government will be upon his shoulders,” “he will be called”). This use of the prophetic perfect is common in Hebrew literature, where future events are described as already completed to emphasize their certainty. The mix of past and future tenses in this verse suggests that the prophet Isaiah is referring to an event that has not yet fully come to pass.

1b. Messianic Context
Isaiah 9:6-7 speaks of a ruler whose reign will be eternal, sitting on the throne of David, and characterized by "justice" and "peace" with no end. Historically, there is no immediate parallel for this type of rule, which implies that Isaiah is referring to a future messianic ruler. In the context of Hebrew scriptures, the Messiah is seen as someone who will bring final redemption to Israel, establishing an everlasting kingdom of God. This future expectation was not realized during Isaiah’s time or under subsequent kings like Hezekiah, who is sometimes suggested as a partial fulfillment of the prophecy.

1c. Historical and Eschatological Argument
While traditional interpretations link parts of this passage to King Hezekiah, the fact that the prophecy speaks of an endless reign of peace and justice suggests an eschatological vision. Such an eternal kingdom transcends the immediate context and points to a future time beyond Israel's ordinary history. Many other prophecies in Isaiah similarly depict a future messianic era, reinforcing the idea that Isaiah 9:6 describes events beyond the prophet's contemporary period.

Therefore, based on the use of verb tenses, the messianic context, and the eschatological nature of the prophecy, Isaiah 9:6 can be understood as a prediction of future events, pointing to the establishment of an eternal and righteous kingdom.

2a. Titles Given to the Child
Isaiah 9:6 assigns remarkable titles to the child: “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” These titles, especially "Mighty God" and "Everlasting Father," suggest divine and eternal attributes that do not apply to any historical ruler of Israel, including Hezekiah. While Hezekiah was a good king, he is not described with such attributes anywhere else in the Bible.

2b. Eternal and Peaceful Reign
Isaiah 9:7 mentions that the child’s government will bring “endless peace” and that “the throne of David will be established forever.” Hezekiah’s reign was limited in time and did not bring a kingdom of perpetual peace as described in this passage. After his death, the kingdom of Judah continued to face conflict and oppression, which does not align with the idea of an eternal, peaceful reign.

2c. Mismatch with Historical Context
Although some scholars try to associate Hezekiah with the child mentioned, the timeline does not clearly support this. Isaiah prophesied during the reign of Ahaz, Hezekiah’s father, and the events described do not line up with the birth and reign of Hezekiah in the way that Isaiah 9:6’s messianic expectations suggest. Furthermore, the context of Isaiah 9 speaks of future redemption, which was not fully realized in Hezekiah’s lifetime, especially concerning an everlasting kingdom of justice and peace.

2d. Use of Eschatological Language
The language in Isaiah 9 goes beyond immediate historical fulfillment. Words like “forever” and “without end” indicate a reign that extends far beyond Hezekiah’s rule. The timeless nature of the reign described points to a future fulfillment rather than something achieved during Hezekiah’s era, whose reign was notable but far from eternal.

3a. Consistent Use of ʿAlmah in Genesis 24:43
In Genesis 24:43, ʿAlmah refers to Rebekah, who is clearly identified as a young, unmarried woman and a virgin. The Greek Septuagint translates ʿAlmah as "παρθένος" (parthenos), meaning "virgin." This sets a precedent for translating ʿAlmah as "virgin" in other contexts, including Isaiah 7:14. The translators’ choice to use parthenos in Genesis, part of the Torah, shows a deliberate and careful interpretation of the term.

3b. The Septuagint’s Rigor in Translating the Torah
The translation of the Torah into Greek, as part of the Septuagint, was notably rigorous, especially compared to the translation of the rest of the Tanakh. Tradition holds that rabbinic scholars approached this task with great care, ensuring theological and linguistic precision. Since ʿAlmah was translated as parthenos in Genesis 24:43, it suggests that the translators understood ʿAlmah to mean "virgin" in other contexts like Isaiah 7:14.

3c. Cultural Implication of ʿAlmah in Hebrew Society
Although ʿAlmah literally means "young woman," it often implied a young, marriageable woman who, in the cultural context of ancient Israel, would be presumed to be a virgin. In ancient Hebrew society, an ʿAlmah who was unmarried was expected to be a virgin, reinforcing the appropriateness of translating the term as parthenos in Greek.

3d. Septuagint’s Testimony in Isaiah 7:14
The Septuagint translates Isaiah 7:14 using parthenos, supporting the interpretation of ʿAlmah as "virgin," at least in the prophetic context. This Greek translation, completed centuries before later theological debates, reflects a well-considered rendering of the term.

Last edited:

GoodAttention

1a. Verb Tense and Hebrew Grammar
Isaiah 9:6 uses past tense verbs to describe the birth of the child (“for unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given”), while the rest of the prophecy speaks of future events (“the government will be upon his shoulders,” “he will be called”). This use of the prophetic perfect is common in Hebrew literature, where future events are described as already completed to emphasize their certainty. The mix of past and future tenses in this verse suggests that the prophet Isaiah is referring to an event that has not yet fully come to pass.

1b. Messianic Context
Isaiah 9:6-7 speaks of a ruler whose reign will be eternal, sitting on the throne of David, and characterized by "justice" and "peace" with no end. Historically, there is no immediate parallel for this type of rule, which implies that Isaiah is referring to a future messianic ruler. In the context of Hebrew scriptures, the Messiah is seen as someone who will bring final redemption to Israel, establishing an everlasting kingdom of God. This future expectation was not realized during Isaiah’s time or under subsequent kings like Hezekiah, who is sometimes suggested as a partial fulfillment of the prophecy.

1c. Historical and Eschatological Argument
While traditional interpretations link parts of this passage to King Hezekiah, the fact that the prophecy speaks of an endless reign of peace and justice suggests an eschatological vision. Such an eternal kingdom transcends the immediate context and points to a future time beyond Israel's ordinary history. Many other prophecies in Isaiah similarly depict a future messianic era, reinforcing the idea that Isaiah 9:6 describes events beyond the prophet's contemporary period.

Therefore, based on the use of verb tenses, the messianic context, and the eschatological nature of the prophecy, Isaiah 9:6 can be understood as a prediction of future events, pointing to the establishment of an eternal and righteous kingdom.

2a. Titles Given to the Child
Isaiah 9:6 assigns remarkable titles to the child: “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” These titles, especially "Mighty God" and "Everlasting Father," suggest divine and eternal attributes that do not apply to any historical ruler of Israel, including Hezekiah. While Hezekiah was a good king, he is not described with such attributes anywhere else in the Bible.

2b. Eternal and Peaceful Reign
Isaiah 9:7 mentions that the child’s government will bring “endless peace” and that “the throne of David will be established forever.” Hezekiah’s reign was limited in time and did not bring a kingdom of perpetual peace as described in this passage. After his death, the kingdom of Judah continued to face conflict and oppression, which does not align with the idea of an eternal, peaceful reign.

2c. Mismatch with Historical Context
Although some scholars try to associate Hezekiah with the child mentioned, the timeline does not clearly support this. Isaiah prophesied during the reign of Ahaz, Hezekiah’s father, and the events described do not line up with the birth and reign of Hezekiah in the way that Isaiah 9:6’s messianic expectations suggest. Furthermore, the context of Isaiah 9 speaks of future redemption, which was not fully realized in Hezekiah’s lifetime, especially concerning an everlasting kingdom of justice and peace.

2d. Use of Eschatological Language
The language in Isaiah 9 goes beyond immediate historical fulfillment. Words like “forever” and “without end” indicate a reign that extends far beyond Hezekiah’s rule. The timeless nature of the reign described points to a future fulfillment rather than something achieved during Hezekiah’s era, whose reign was notable but far from eternal.

3a. Consistent Use of ʿAlmah in Genesis 24:43
In Genesis 24:43, ʿAlmah refers to Rebekah, who is clearly identified as a young, unmarried woman and a virgin. The Greek Septuagint translates ʿAlmah as "παρθένος" (parthenos), meaning "virgin." This sets a precedent for translating ʿAlmah as "virgin" in other contexts, including Isaiah 7:14. The translators’ choice to use parthenos in Genesis, part of the Torah, shows a deliberate and careful interpretation of the term.

3b. The Septuagint’s Rigor in Translating the Torah
The translation of the Torah into Greek, as part of the Septuagint, was notably rigorous, especially compared to the translation of the rest of the Tanakh. Tradition holds that rabbinic scholars approached this task with great care, ensuring theological and linguistic precision. Since ʿAlmah was translated as parthenos in Genesis 24:43, it suggests that the translators understood ʿAlmah to mean "virgin" in other contexts like Isaiah 7:14.

3c. Cultural Implication of ʿAlmah in Hebrew Society
Although ʿAlmah literally means "young woman," it often implied a young, marriageable woman who, in the cultural context of ancient Israel, would be presumed to be a virgin. In ancient Hebrew society, an ʿAlmah who was unmarried was expected to be a virgin, reinforcing the appropriateness of translating the term as parthenos in Greek.

3d. Septuagint’s Testimony in Isaiah 7:14
The Septuagint translates Isaiah 7:14 using parthenos, supporting the interpretation of ʿAlmah as "virgin," at least in the prophetic context. This Greek translation, completed centuries before later theological debates, reflects a well-considered rendering of the term.

Almah being interpreted as virgin is correct, but there is another layer to this.

Almah, or if separated into al and ammah, translates as al meaning a lock, padlock or clamp, and ammah meaning mother(hood).

So it could be better translated as one who is waiting to “unlock” her motherhood.

The word alma also “locks away” the amma by shortening to ma through its conjugation also, which to me is poetic.

Or a form of ancient sex-ed reinforcing that the “unlocking” is synonymous with becoming a wife.

அள்​

aḷ n. அள்ளு-. 1. Closeness, thickness; செறிவு (திவா.) 2. Sharpness, keennessof edge; கூர்மை (திவா.) 3. Lock, padlock;பூட்டு. (பிங்.) 4. Clamp, iron band to hold partstogether;

அம்மா​

ammā [T. K. M. amma.] cf.ammā. n. 1. Mother; தாய் 2. Matron, lady;எசமானி

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

If considering a translation, tikkun, or tikku is the stuttering or stammering of words.

Oh please, stop trying to translate Hebrew. You don't know what you are talking about. Just stop it.

Tikkun means repair or fixing. You cannot always look at the root to elaborate on a definition, as language is not always logical. Furthermore, while the root word of Tikkun can create words that describe various forms of speech or communication, it is not used to refer to stuttering and stammering.

Olam means world or universe. It is in no way connected to lamentation or crying out.

I have no idea where you are getting this, but your source is terrible.

GoodAttention

Oh please, stop trying to translate Hebrew. You don't know what you are talking about. Just stop it.

I’m not translating Hebrew, I’m giving a meaning in another language from transliteration.

Tikkun means repair or fixing. You cannot always look at the root to elaborate on a definition, as language is not always logical. Furthermore, while the root word of Tikkun can create words that describe various forms of speech or communication, it is not used to refer to stuttering and stammering.

Olam means world or universe. It is in no way connected to lamentation or crying out.

Ulakam means world is my understanding.

Are you able to give the Hebrew spelling for Olam?

I am interested to see what difference, if any, exists between ulaham and olam

I must admit I was a bit devious because I thought I would get such a response. Tikku in Tamil has 2 meanings.

திக்கு​

tikku n. dikமேற்கு என்றநாற்றிசையும்அவற்றின் கோணத்திசைகளும். (பிங்.) 2. Protection,shelter, aid, asylum, refuge;

உலகம்​

ulakam உலகு, (லோகம்) s. the world, the earth, உ

IndigoChild5559

I’m not translating Hebrew, I’m giving a meaning in another language from transliteration.
And why would you do that? It is really not constructive to conflate words of different languages simply because they sound similar, or even derive from a common base. For example, in Spanish molestar means to bother, which is an irritation but not a big deal. But in English molest means to sexually assault children, which is a crime and a grievous moral offense.
Are you able to give the Hebrew spelling for Olam?
עוֹלָם
ע is silent in modern English, but originally was a voiced pharyngeal fricative (a sound not made in English) which means a kind of guttural sound made by passing air through the constricted far back of the throat.
וֹ is a vowel pronounced O as in "Oh my."
לָ is two sounds, an L sound followed by a vowel pronounced Ah.
ם makes an M sound.

Last edited:

GoodAttention

And why would you do that? It is really not constructive to conflate words of different languages simply because they sound similar, or even derive from a common base. For example, in Spanish molestar means to bother, which is an irritation but not a big deal. But in English molest means to sexually assault children, which is a crime and a grievous moral offense.

English and Spanish are both derived from the same Vulgar Latin, so relationship is expected.

Hebrew and Tamil are completely different families, yet I see words with meaning over and over, especially names.

ஆடுஉ​

āṭūu n. ஆள்-. Man, human male;ஆண்மகன்.

அட்டு​

aṭṭu n. அட்டு-. Dirt; அழுக்கு.அவன் அட்டுப்பிடித்தவன். Colloq.

ஈவு​

īvu n. ஈ-. [T. īvi.] Giving, bestowing; கொடைஈவுதனைமேற்கொண்ட (கம்பரா. கார்முக. 22).

עוֹלָם
ע is silent in modern English, but originally was a voiced pharyngeal fricative (a sound not made in English) which means a kind of guttural sound made by passing air through the constricted far back of the throat.
וֹ is a vowel pronounced O as in "Oh my."
לָ is two sounds, an L sound followed by a vowel pronounced Ah.
ם makes an M sound.

Yes Tamil also has a silent but active letter which can words more cryptic.

Interesting that silent sound comes before a vowel sound. In Tamil the closest to transliterate is “ich” but depend also on the letter it follows.

Eliana

To reach a point of needing charity or righting a social wrong, those who are in need will make their circumstances known.

If you see a person in such deep need that they can only stutter their pleas, then this is tikkun olam.

To consider such a sight sarcastic would render that person devoid of any compassion, perhaps because they are both deaf and blind to reality, and/or living in their own world.
...and the word "pedophile" means child (pedo)+friendly love (phile) if translated literally. If I were to say "I think GoodAttention is a pedophile" I guarantee you'd be screaming at the mods to remove the post and ban me. If I were to respond "What man? The meaning of the word if broken down just means someone who has a friendly love for children, what's wrong with that?" I can also guarantee you nor the mods would accept that response and I'd be banned, deservedly so... because we all know what the word really means.

You're not smart and you're not impressing anyone an iota with your semantics, "literal translations" or word play. You did not teach in a synagogue because you don't know squat about Judaism as demonstrated by your misapplication of Jewish terms, and basic ignorance of Jewish theology.

As demonstrated by others far better in the language then I, you do not speak Hebrew let alone ancient Hebrew. Perhaps you should stay in your lane and stop pretending to be more knowledgeable then you actually are.

Last edited: