• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mother mary without sin?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Mother Mary without sin?

She is/was a great woman after all she was mother of a great truthful prophet/messenger of G-d and the Israelite Messiah, right?
Quran has appreciated her deeds and a whole chapter/surah of Quran is dedicated in her name, please, right?

" Quran has appreciated her deeds "

Quran Verse 66:13:
وَمَرۡیَمَ ابۡنَتَ عِمۡرٰنَ الَّتِیۡۤ اَحۡصَنَتۡ فَرۡجَہَا فَنَفَخۡنَا فِیۡہِ مِنۡ رُّوۡحِنَا وَصَدَّقَتۡ بِکَلِمٰتِ رَبِّہَا وَکُتُبِہٖ وَکَانَتۡ مِنَ الۡقٰنِتِیۡنَ ﴿٪۱۳﴾
English - Sher Ali
And the example of Mary, the daughter of ‘Imran, who guarded her private parts — so We breathed into him of Our Spirit — and she fulfilled in her person the words of her Lord and His Books and was one of the obedient.

Regards
Quran has a whole chapter/Surah dedicated to Mary/Maryam/Meriam mother of Jesus/Yeshua the truthful Israelite Messiah:
Chapter 19. Maryam of 99 verses, please:
So, does Quran give more importance to Mary than the Hellenist/Pauline Gospels aka NT Bible, please, right?

Regards

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Hardly if you really think about it. But let's also be honest -- from your answers it doesn't take much to discern that you don't believe the "gospels." You can quote from them but who knows what you really believe about them, if you believe they reflect the truth.
You think Jesus was a sinner. I doubt you believe his life was transferred from heavenly life with his Father to live on the earth. Was Mary a sinner? Hmm, it depends how far you go considering the word sinner. Was she a fornicator? A thief? A murderer?
Let's be honest again, and thank you for saying you believe Mary was NOT a virgin when she conceived. Therefore -- therefore -- you mujst believe but are not willing to say that she had sexual intercourse with a man in order to get pregnant with Jesus. I don't understand frankly why you just don't step up to the plate.
So, what you have shown us is that you do not accept Jesus' words when he said that Two Commandments, none of them you mentioned above, is what that he commanded.

IOW, you can't profess to believe in Jesus is you keep ignoring what he said, and Gandhi mentioned that when he said that all too many "elevated the man and forgot his message". It's this hypocrisy that makes it so difficult to have a serious discussion with you.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
So, what you have shown us is that you do not accept Jesus' words when he said that Two Commandments, none of them you mentioned above, is what that he commanded.

IOW, you can't profess to believe in Jesus is you keep ignoring what he said, and Gandhi mentioned that when he said that all too many "elevated the man and forgot his message". It's this hypocrisy that makes it so difficult to have a serious discussion with you.
So when a person calling himself a "Christian," Catholic or Protestant, maybe goes to church, takes the sacraments and kills others in a war, would you figure that is in accord with those two greatest commandments you claim Jesus spoke of? Whether you know their motivation or not? you know you make an interesting point since you said Jesus was a sinner. I understand if you don't want to answer because it would bring quite a bit to da light. Anyway, have a nice delightful day while the world is what it is now. :) Jesus said other things too, from your comments here I doubt you think he existed as written and said what is written. So-- (Have a good one and I understand that you won't/can't have a serious discussion with me...but you've helped.)
P.S. The Pope occasionally asks people to not engage in war. I doubt they listen much. What difference does it make to you though, since you think Jesus was a sinner. And Mary was not a virgn when she conceived Jesus. So yes -- what difference does it make to you as a so-called Christian?

YoursTrue

If I thought like you do that Jesus was a sinner, that Mary was a fornicator (not a virgin when she conceived Jesus in her womb), then it's like Jesus and the Pharisees who accused Jesus of sin. You probably don't believe he was resurrected and appeared to his disciples after that either.

Let us know what you think of the following, I'm pretty sure you are familiar with it:
Luke 4:
Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.”
13So the Pharisees said to Him, “You are testifying about Yourself; Your testimony is not valid.”
14Jesus replied, “Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is valid, because I know where I came from and where I am going. But you do not know where I came from or where I am going. 1...
“You do not know Me or My Father,” Jesus answered. “If you knew Me, you would know My Father as well.”

So who do you believe?

I honestly do thank you, metis, for your responses.

metis

@YoursTrue
So when a person calling himself a "Christian," Catholic or Protestant, maybe goes to church, takes the sacraments and kills others in a war, would you figure that is in accord with those two greatest commandments you claim Jesus spoke of?
No.
If I thought like you do that Jesus was a sinner, that Mary was a fornicator (not a virgin when she conceived Jesus in her womb), then it's like Jesus and the Pharisees who accused Jesus of sin. You probably don't believe he was resurrected and appeared to his disciples after that either.
I don't believe everything I read in any book or publication.
I honestly do thank you, metis, for your responses.
You too, but I'm done with this unless you have real questions that are not accusations.

YoursTrue

@YoursTrue

No.

I don't believe everything I read in any book or publication.

You too, but I'm done with this unless you have real questions that are not accusations.
We can always go back to Martin Luther I suppose. :) About questions and accusations. Being as you claim to be a teacher, yes -- I question you especially. You say you don't believe everything you read in ANY book of publication, but you evidently believe some of what is written when others claim the Bible is myth, or not true in certain respects.
You obviously don't believe quite a bit in the Bible, I can see that. It took me a while...and that is one reason why I appreciate your honesty in answering because it clarifies things as to what you and others say and do not accept as truth.
Jesus said to his disciples (if you believe that)
"but, in order for the world to know that I love the Father, even as the Father has given me commandment, so I am doing. Get up, let us go from here." (John 14:31)
I know it's hard, metis.

YoursTrue

Whether you read or respond, I certainly accept that Jesus spoke those words. Do you?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Let's be honest again, and thank you for saying you believe Mary was NOT a virgin when she conceived. Therefore -- therefore -- you mujst believe but are not willing to say that she had sexual intercourse with a man in order to get pregnant with Jesus. I don't understand frankly why you just don't step up to the plate.
Usually when teenage girls get pregnant, they were not thinking about having a baby.

YoursTrue

Usually when teenage girls get pregnant, they were not thinking about having a baby.
Today lots of women have children born of fornication. And of course there are those who really do believe that Jesus was a sinner. Born of a fornicating woman.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
No, I

No, I don’t think Mary was without sin. She was a human being and impacted by the fallen human nature like anyone else. She would not have acknowledged God as her Savior if she was sinless.

And Mary said:
“My soul magnifies the Lord,
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
Luke 1:46-47
Thank you for your answer.

But what about this verse in the Bible:

Luke 1:48
for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed

and

Luke 1:42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!

how to you understand the two bible verses?

Starlight

Of course not. If so, Christ's death would have been redundant for her. She gave birth to the Messiah in order to offer redemption to the world, but also for herself.
She cannot believe that her son was the messiah, if she didn't need one. She was not immaculately conceived, nor was she assumed into heaven, but she was special solely for the fact that she believed the angel, Gabriel, that she will conceive a child without being impregnated by a man - requiring an extraordinary amount of faith.

for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed

and

Luke 1:42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!

InChrist

Free4ever

and

I understand them to mean that Mary was certainly blessed to be chosen as the mother of the Jesus, the Savior of the world, but I don’t think they indicate she was sinless. Luke 1:27 shows that she acknowledged God as her Savior. Someone who is sinless does not need a Savior. But the scriptures inform us that…all have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23). Mary demonstrated humility in acknowledging her awareness of this in her own life.

“And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.” Luke 1:27

metis

and

The word "blessed" in this context means "special".

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If Mary was a virgin, who was Jesus father?
Quote, " So, while it’s possible for a human baby to be born of a virgin mother, it’s very, very unlikely: These two genetic deletions might each have a one in 1 billion chance of occurring, and that’s not counting the calcium spike and division problem required to initiate parthenogenesis in the first place. " Unquote
Right?

Regards

FredVB

I believe:

Mary needed a savior, and as all have sinned, Mary was not an exception. Only when the first people had not sinned there was not a need for a savior, but there was when the sins started.

Jesus was born to Mary who conceived him when she was a virgin, there was no human father to the birth, it was an act of God with God's Spirit causing the miraculous conception, not with physical explanations given for it, miracles do not conform to those. And God said he would be called the Son of God, and he called the heavenly Father, God, his Father.

YoursTrue

and

Hello. If I may, I would like to bring out a translation of the word which is usually translated as 'blessed' in those scriptures.
from Strong's Concordance:
"will call me blessed.
μακαριοῦσίν (makariousin)
Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural
Strong's 3106: To bless, pronounce blessed or happy. From makarios; to beatify, i.e. Pronounce fortunate."

Mary's reaction is very touching.

YoursTrue

I understand them to mean that Mary was certainly blessed to be chosen as the mother of the Jesus, the Savior of the world, but I don’t think they indicate she was sinless. Luke 1:27 shows that she acknowledged God as her Savior. Someone who is sinless does not need a Savior. But the scriptures inform us that…all have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23). Mary demonstrated humility in acknowledging her awareness of this in her own life.

“And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.” Luke 1:27
Thanks for quoting that scripture. "And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.” Luke 1:27 Showing that Mary knew God was her Savior. Very nice. :)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Brian2 said:
If Mary was a virgin, who was Jesus father?

Quote, " So, while it’s possible for a human baby to be born of a virgin mother, it’s very, very unlikely: These two genetic deletions might each have a one in 1 billion chance of occurring, and that’s not counting the calcium spike and division problem required to initiate parthenogenesis in the first place. " Unquote
Right?

Regards
So, this is how the "unlikely" happened and baby Jesus, a human , was born to the righteous Mary, right?

Regards

Starlight

Mother Mary without sin?

She is/was a great woman after all she was mother of a great truthful prophet/messenger of G-d and the Israelite Messiah, right?
Quran has appreciated her deeds and a whole chapter/surah of Quran is dedicated in her name, please, right?

Regards
Yes that is correct. A whole chapter in the Quran is about Mary the mother of Jesus