• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

finalfrogo

Went movie-hopping the other day. It was the most mischievous thing I've ever done, which is pretty pathetic. Anyways...

Click: Mostly stupid and predictable, as expected, though it had a few semi-good parts. It was somewhat depressing near the end, and that didn't mix well with this type of comedy.

Nach Libre: I like Jack Black, but still... this movie was mostly a waste of time.

Superman: A nice refresher after seeing two crude movies. The actor who plays superman performed better than I expected, and Kevin Spacey always produces desirable results. But this was the first Superman movie I've seen, so it took me a while to figure everything out. I didn't know Superman had so many powers. It's kinda cheap!

Ody

Superman Returns was AWESOME!

Kevin S. did a great job with the role of lex.

nutshell

I was thinking about this the other day (yes, I'm a geek)....is there any superhero or villian in either the Marvel or DC comics that could take out Superman? He seems almost....Godlike. What do you think?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
The Edukators (German) - Friends Jan and Peter use a membership list from the city's yacht club to break into mansions. They don't steal, but instead stack furniture, put artworks in the toilet and stereos in the fridge, then leave a note saying, "Your days of plenty are numbered," signed The Edukators.

A

angellous_evangellous

nutshell said:
I was thinking about this the other day (yes, I'm a geek)....is there any superhero or villian in either the Marvel or DC comics that could take out Superman? He seems almost....Godlike. What do you think?

That is the point with Superman. He's a Christ figure.

Without Kryptonite, I don't think that anyone can beat Superman on Earth. Perhaps there are a handful or more superheros/villians that can beat Superman elsewhere.:cool:

cardero

Citizen Mod
From the Phillipines I rented Mrscardero, For Y'ur Height Only. I secret agent comedy oddity starring dwarfish actor Weng Weng.

35m.jpg

Also from the same video company (Mondo Macabre) I recently stumbled across the most exciting 3 words in the history of film making; TURKISH POP CINEMA, check it out. One of the films to come out of that era that I recently watched was The Deathless Devil (Yilmayan seytan). Featurung Kunt Telger as the superhero Copperhead. Absolutely wild!!

Ormiston

The Hills Have Eyes - Awful! Tasteless and thoughtless...but that's what I've come to expect from most new horror movies.

The Ringer - Just not funny enough to see although it had it's moments.

A

angellous_evangellous

I actually watched Rocky 4 this week - now I've seen all of them.

It was horrible.

I loved Rocky 1, 2, and 3, and some of 5 - they all had the same emotional feel to them, but 5 is a big hole in the story. They had to make Rocky the underdog somehow - and the only way they could do that was to kill Creed and have Rocky fight a doped-up Russian, and on top of that, send Rocky to Russia to fight.

Rocky 1 - underdog to Creed, a once-in-a-lifetime challenge to the world champ, trained by an old fighter using old-school methods - Rocky loses on points but fights with heart

Rocky 2 - rematch with Creed, Rocky's lovable trainer dies right before the fight, Rocky wins

Rocky 3 - Creed trains Rocky to fight a favored challenger, Mr. T

Rocky 4 - stupid

Rocky 5 - Rocky loses all his money, has to move back to his old place in Philly, and trains a noobie fighter and ends up beating his brains out in an alley

finalfrogo

angellous_evangellous said:
I actually watched Rocky 4 this week - now I've seen all of them.

It was horrible.

I loved Rocky 1, 2, and 3, and some of 5 - they all had the same emotional feel to them, but 5 is a big hole in the story. They had to make Rocky the underdog somehow - and the only way they could do that was to kill Creed and have Rocky fight a doped-up Russian, and on top of that, send Rocky to Russia to fight.

Rocky 1 - underdog to Creed, a once-in-a-lifetime challenge to the world champ, trained by an old fighter using old-school methods - Rocky loses on points but fights with heart

Rocky 2 - rematch with Creed, Rocky's lovable trainer dies right before the fight, Rocky wins

Rocky 3 - Creed trains Rocky to fight a favored challenger, Mr. T

Rocky 4 - stupid

Rocky 5 - Rocky loses all his money, has to move back to his old place in Philly, and trains a noobie fighter and ends up beating his brains out in an alley

They all drag down into the stupidy range from one. Rocky 4 was just outright unlikely, ecspecially when the Russian crowd starts cheering for him. The only good moment in Rocky 5 is where Rocky beats the crap out of his apprentice! :D

A

angellous_evangellous

finalfrogo said:
They all drag down into the stupidy range from one. Rocky 4 was just outright unlikely, ecspecially when the Russian crowd starts cheering for him. The only good moment in Rocky 5 is where Rocky beats the crap out of his apprentice! :D

I don't see anything wrong with two and three. Five is definately worth watching because it preserves the integrity of the Rocky story - it's not a completely unrelated episode like four. We could just remove four and have a perfectly good story from one to five.

A

angellous_evangellous

Ormiston said:
I love Rocky 4! It's perfectly stupid! :)

Even the fight sequences were bad. How do you f***-up a Rocky fight scene? :cover:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I took the kids to see Monster House this past weekend. It was cute, but predictable for most adults. Will make a good Halloween movie for kids.

Ormiston

angellous_evangellous said:
Even the fight sequences were bad. How do you f***-up a Rocky fight scene? :cover:

But even you have to admit that "Gorby's" birthmark was perfect!

A

angellous_evangellous

Ormiston said:
But even you have to admit that "Gorby's" birthmark was perfect!

I think I missed that, being so disappointed and bored. :slap:

evearael

Lost in Translation - I liked how the inability to connect with the spouses mirrored the inability to connect with the new culture.

nutshell

My wife and I just saw "Click" last night with Adam Sandler. I was doubtful. I didn't really want to see -- she did, but in the end, I liked it. It was a "feel good" kind of movie (which is a far cry from what I usually watch) and made me think about my relationship with my own wife and kids.

I loved the cast - that's probably why this film turned out fairly well. Adam Sandler is OK, but his wife was good (and very attractive), and then you gotta love a movie that brings together Christopher Walken, Henry Winkler, and David Hasselhoff!!!!! What a trio!

emeth

I hope it hasn't been mentioned before (probably has) but Crash was a GREAT movie. If you haven't watched it, you should.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
emeth said:
I hope it hasn't been mentioned before (probably has) but Crash was a GREAT movie. If you haven't watched it, you should.
I LOVED "Crash." It's one of my all-time favorite movies.

My husband and I saw "World Trade Center" last night. It was really well-done.