• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I rented 'Priest' last night, enjoyed that. It's a graphic novel about a warrior caste of priests battling vampires in a futuristic Old West, set on an alien planet. Nicely done.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The Flying Deuces,Laurel and Hardy at their finest,not everyones Cup of Tea but they still make me laugh,when i was a Kid i inherited an old projector and lots of L&H silent Movies,wish i had kept it.

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
The Flying Deuces,Laurel and Hardy at their finest,not everyones Cup of Tea but they still make me laugh,when i was a Kid i inherited an old projector and lots of L&H silent Movies,wish i had kept it.

Oh yeah i love Laurel and Hardy, havent seen any for ages. Used to watch it with my grandfather a lot. Shame u dont still have your old projector, what happened to it?

Gemini

The Last movie I watched was Au Hasard Balthazar, an early 60's French classic directed by Robert Bresson, whose films are often noted for the transcendent quality that he strived to instill in them. It's about the life of an oft-mistreated donkey and the characters who surround him. By the end of the film, there's a great deal of imagery that presents the donkey Balthazar as a saint of sorts. The characterization of Balthazar is completely non-anthropomorphic, and the film is shot within the conventions of the neo-realism movement which started in Italy a few decades prior. It's universally hailed as a landmark in cinema, and is a life-enriching film for everyone, not just animal lovers. The human stories are all given equal weight and depth of characterization. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
My aunt worked as an usher at a single-screen theatre in high school. The entire two years she worked there, they showed nothing but the Sound of Music. I think that would drive me nuts. :)

Well, sure. As someone once said, "I don't even want to do anything that feels GOOD for thirty hours!"

That would be too much of a good thing. But I still watch The Sound of Music about once every two or three years. And I always realize when I start watching it, "Wow, I forgot just how great this movie is." The scenery, the acting (Christopher Plummer is fantastic!), the costumes, the historical setting (the annexation of Austria by Hitler), even the music - all fantastic. No wonder it's still beloved worldwide.

The fact that the movie ran for two straight years at least, in your little town, says a lot about it's staying power!

Kathryn

Toronto... a little town... :p

Well, to be fair, your profile isn't specific. "Toronto area" can mean any number of little towns or bedroom communities in the vicinity of Toronto. Your comment about a single screen theater is what made me think you may live in a small town in the Toronto area.

But it doesn't really matter one way or another. What we're discussing is the length of time that The Sound of Music ran in that town - not many movies can run for years and still make a profit - anywhere.

Great movie! Dang it, now I think I'll have to watch it again.

gnomon

Wrecked starring Adrian Brody. This is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Watching X-Men:First Class right now. It's okay.

Kathryn

Thanks for the heads up, gnomon!

We just saw "The Debt" and it was EXCELLENT. Love me some Helen Mirrin!

The espionage thriller begins in 1997, as shocking news reaches retired Mossad secret agents Rachel (Helen Mirren) and Stefan (Tom Wilkinson) about their former colleague David (Ciarán Hinds). All three have been venerated for decades by their country because of the mission that they undertook back in 1966, when the trio (portrayed, respectively, by Jessica Chastain, Marton Csokas, and Sam Worthington) tracked down Nazi war criminal Vogel (Jesper Christensen) in East Berlin. At great risk, and at considerable personal cost, the team's mission was accomplished - or was it? The suspense builds in and across two different time periods, with startling action and surprising revelations.Written by Focus Features

The Debt (2010) - IMDb

shellydzouza

The last movie which i saw last in theatre is moneyball staring Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill, Robin Wright, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Kathryn Morris.It is based on the true story of Billy Beane.It is a great drama movie.I like the character of Billy Beane in it so much.Really,Its a awesome movie.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The last movie which i saw last in theatre is moneyball staring Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill, Robin Wright, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Kathryn Morris.It is based on the true story of Billy Beane.It is a great drama movie.I like the character of Billy Beane in it so much.Really,Its a awesome movie.
The oddest thing is that I didn't initially make the connection that the young ball player Beane was the same person
as the old GM Beane. The young fella had the same name but was much taller & didn't look like Brad Pitt at all.
Fortunately, the move had little actual baseball in it. Two thumbs up!

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I've watched all 7 episodes of Michael Palin's New Europe. it's a great documentary in which he travels to 20 countries in central and eastern Europe, in great part in search of the cultural realities after the fall of the soviet bloc, after the war in former Yugoslavia, the fall of the Berlin wall, and Turkey and the EU.

Last edited:

Kathryn

I've watched all 7 episodes of Michael Palin's New Europe. it's a great documentary in which he travels to 20 countries in central in eastern Europe, in great part in search of the cultural realities after the fall of the soviet bloc, after the war in former Yugoslavia, the fall of the Berlin wall, and Turkey and the EU.

That sounds AWESOME. I traveled thru Eastern Europe about a year after the fall of the Berlin Wall and it was fascinating. I'm going to check this out.

Kathryn

My wife and I saw it yesterday. Mirrin was great. I was less impressed by movie as a whole.

It could have been improved upon a bit but overall I thought it was very absorbing. I got quite caught up in the story myself.

But I admit - Mirrin is so captivating that I probably was blinded to some faults in the movie.

And the guy that played her ex husband - can't remember his name. Anyway, he's a very good actor. I loved his role in "In the Bedroom" opposite Sissy Spacek. Wow, that was a good movie.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
That sounds AWESOME. I traveled thru Eastern Europe about a year after the fall of the Berlin Wall and it was fascinating. I'm going to check this out.
knowing your interest in history and travel, as well as working and living in Europe and other places. I think this one is tailored for you.
I watched Himalaya with Michael Palin before watching New Europe, which I recommend as well. and I'll make a confession that I have his travel book of the Sahara signed by the man, watching his DVD documentary of the Sahara is on my 'next' list.

Last edited: