• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

cardero

Citizen Mod
Ken Burns JAZZ Vol. 2
DVD/ Color-B&W/ 114 Mins./ NR/ 2001
Louie Armstrong leaves New Orleans to go to Chicago, a profile of players in the prostitution parlors. The Death of Ragtime. Jazz in France. The birth of the first jazz phonograph record. How the first World War effected jazz. Duke Ellington’s high society upbringing and a focus on Harlem New York.

Awen

Mike182 said:
i only saw V for Vendetta the other week, great film!
I've heard so much about this film, but I still haven't had the chance to see it yet...it's definately on my to-do list.

I actually don't watch films very often...I'm way behind. I've only just seen Final Destination and I believe they've since brought out the THIRD one??! :eek: I thought it was very good ~ on the edge of my seat for the most part (or hiding under the duvet) and I'd like to see the other two when I get the chance. Plus, it made a nice change from my usual Mel Gibson/Harison Ford flicks...:drool:

A

angellous_evangellous

I am currently watching Band of Brothers, the HBO series by Tom Hanks and Stephen Speilberg.

It's the best war movie ever.

kimber1

i watched The Poseidon and The Omen yesterday. both were great. poseidon(i'm probably spelling that wrong and too lazy to get up to go see:p) was great. on the edge of your seat. and the new version of omen.....i love scary movies and this was one of the first in a loooooong time that actually scared me so much ijumped!!!

nutshell

Katzpur said:
Actually, it sounds pretty much like something I'd like. I'll ask my son to bring it with him when he comes to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

Katz, did your son bring it over?

syoonsh

I watched a Korean movie called

KOREAN PENINSULA .

go to http://www.hanbando2006.co.kr/ for more info.

one of the best blockbuster style movie created for reliationship story between North&South Korea and Japan in 2006.

55s.jpg

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Last night I watched "Empire of the Sun".
B00003CX9U.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

What an incredible, heart-wrenching tale.

Two enthusiastic Satanic Hampsters, held high! : hamster : : hamster :

I think I teared up about every 20 minutes or so. I am surprised the young actor was not nominated for an Academy Award. Simply marvellous.

Empire-of-Sun-04.jpg

There is a scene where he gets separated from first his dad and then his mother and he jumps up on a car and is screaming for his mother. Ok, that one tore my heart out.

I couldn't help but think of all the children just like him, screaming just like that.

Of course the ending "did it" to me as well. For those of you who may not have seen this, have a box of kleenex handy.

A

angellous_evangellous

I recommend To End All Wars - a story of Allied POWs and their captors in a Japansese prison camp.

Excellent.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Ken Burns JAZZ Vol. 3
DVD/ Color-B&W/ 114 Mins./ NR/ 2001
The story of Benny Goodman, Sidney Bishet goes to jail, Ethel Waters biography and the opening of the Cotton Club.

DuckySMT

The last few movies I watched were Bride & Prejudice, What's Cooking?, and Bend It Like Beckham....i've been in a bit of a Gurinder Chadha phase...

uu_sage

Ninja Cheerleaders, and three weeks ago me and my family saw the pre-release screening of Happy Feet.

cardero

Citizen Mod
uu_sage said:
Ninja Cheerleaders
Well you have my curiosity piqued. :kat:

EEgah!!! (MST3K version)
DVD/ Color/ 93 Mins./ NR/ 1993
That really is the title folks, I wouldn’t make that up. Richard Kiel plays a giant caveman that lives in a desert that looks like Jim Morrison during the Paris years. Enter blonde haired sun-burned baby-faced Arch Hall Jr. and his magic guitar that sounds like a whole orchestra when he plays it and you have a wild film that teaches you how to literally pick up woman, how to shave a caveman and how to get a dune buggy out of a sand trap.

For those of you that are interested in Mystery Science Theater 3000, it has just been brought to my attention that there are new Rifftrax from Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy for Star Wars Episode 1 and The Fellowship Of The Ring. Though the first Star Wars deserves a good “riffing” (Jar Jar is going to be ripped a new one :p ) some people may feel it is blasphemous to talk during Peter Jackson’s Lord Of The Rings masterpiece.

It may also surprise some RFers that I have a friend who enjoys director Peter Jackson but will have nothing to do with the Lord Of the Ring Trilogy, no matter how well I promote or insist upon it. It took Mike Nelson and Kevin Murphy for my friend to actually consider sitting down to preview this film with me and for that I thank them (I have even offered to purchase the Rifftrax for this occasion). Now let’s see if my friend is interested in pursuing the other two installments seriously without the comedic quips of these two funny men.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
cardero said:
Just watched the preview to Cheerleader Ninjas, it is now in my Netflix Queue and may GOD have mercy on my soul.

Cheerleader Ninjas DOES sound interesting. I'm going to have to research it later.

cardero

Citizen Mod
STAR WARS PART 1 PHANTOM MENACE (Rifftrax Version)
Many of you have seen this movie before but you have never seen it like this. Mike Nelson and Kevin Murphy provide the comedic commentary to this poorly done prequel of one of our most beloved sci-fi trilogies. They make fun of everything you expect them to make fun of; No action, uninteresting expositions. Flashy digital computer effects to absolutely no story. Dead, wooden acting and voice-overs to the over budgeted grandiose of bizarre costumes and make-up effects and George Lucas’s tired four year old vision of realizing the Star Wars universe. Two events that took a brutal beating by the RIfftrax members was the Pod Race that Anakin had to win and the disgraceful ethnicity of the Jar Jar Binks character. Mike Nelson and Kevin Murphy are spot-on with their observations. Shame on you George Lucas to think that this could possibly pass as entertainment.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
RV with Robin Williams. Surprisingly better than I expected. Me and the family were laughing through most of it.

Peace,
Mystic

nutshell

My wife and I watched Pirates of the Carribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.

We'd seen it before, but thought it'd be fun to check out again.

We were right. :)

ayani

zombieharlot said:
I just watched The Fountain tonight. I must say that this is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

awesome. i'd really like to see that one. :yes: