• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad said Christians are exalted until Judgement Day, why?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry, I missed the verse. Which verse was it?

خِتَامُهُ مِسْكٌ ۚ وَفِي ذَٰلِكَ فَلْيَتَنَافَسِ الْمُتَنَافِسُونَ | whose seal is musk—for such let the viers vie— | Al-Mutaffifin : 26

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Yes, it doesn't mean there is never interruption without followers. But say it does mean that, believers count as followers of Isa (a) just as Ibrahim (a) is called follower of Nuh (a).
If that was the case the verse would have said, when Christ returns, then His followers are hightened.

If, for example, you say, from now till year 2030, our economy will be better then their economy, doesn't that mean, it will be continuously better? I mean, if sometimes will not be better, and eventually becomes better, it is incorrect to say "untill".
The word until implies a continuous time from now till the appointed time, which in the case is Resurrection Day.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
خِتَامُهُ مِسْكٌ ۚ وَفِي ذَٰلِكَ فَلْيَتَنَافَسِ الْمُتَنَافِسُونَ | whose seal is musk—for such let the viers vie— | Al-Mutaffifin : 26

What am I missing here?

Firstly, the verse is not translated as Last. It is translated as Seal.
Secondly, the word here is not Khaatam, it is Khitam-uhu.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Thanks, but, I am not talking about variations of that word. We are talking about the meaning of the exact form خاتَم Kahaatam, which is mentioned in Seal of Prophets.
Variations? Haha. Mate. You have no clue what in the world you are talking about.

I have given you plenty of evidence. That should do.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If that was the case the verse would have said, when Christ returns, then His followers are hightened.

If, for example, you say, from now till year 2030, our economy will be better then their economy, doesn't that mean, it will be continuously better? I mean, if sometimes will not be better, and eventually becomes better, it is incorrect to say "untill".
The word until implies a continuous time from now till the appointed time, which in the case is Resurrection Day.
Economy is definitely a constant thing. The same is not true of necessarily having followers so your analogy fails.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What am I missing here?

Firstly, the verse is not translated as Last. It is translated as Seal.
Secondly, the word here is not Khaatam, it is Khitam-uhu.
The Kasra and fatha thing has been explained to you. It's the same word, and seal here means, what finalizes that is one of the meaning of the word "seal". As in it's the finish.

Last would be ambiguous because it can mean as for the time being he is the last one.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Absolutely. Read the material directly from one of the most respected lexicons I gave you. Not google something, cut and paste an arabic word as if that makes a big impact, and quote a wikshionary page.

Absolutely. Go back and read them. Maybe you might grasp something.

Void claims.

I asked you to type an example where the word Khaatam, means last. A single Arabic Sentence.

You and @Link cannot do it. Just be honest if you want to have a discussion.

Why instead of making up stuff, just type an Arabic sentence here, and show how Khaatam means last, instead of playing games.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Void claims.

I asked you to type an example where the word Khaatam, means last. A single Arabic Sentence.

You and @Link cannot do it. Just be honest if you want to have a discussion.

Why instead of making up stuff, just type an Arabic sentence here, and show how Khaatam means last, instead of playing games.
I already did it. It's the same word, just as hands and face in the verse I quoted to you is the same word but has kasra and fatha versions. I told you it does not mean last, it means final, finishing, it's better word than last. Last would be ambiguous.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
The Kasra and fatha thing has been explained to you. It's the same word, and seal here means, what finalizes that is one of the meaning of the word "seal". As in it's the finish.

Last would be ambiguous because it can mean as for the time being he is the last one.

Dude, instead of coming up with theories, just type an Arabic Sentence which has Khaatam in it. The exact form.

Don't use other forms of the verbe Khatm. Just exact word Khaatam.

If you cannot, just admit with honesty.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dude, instead of coming up with theories, just type an Arabic Sentence which has Khaatam in it. The exact form.

Don't use other forms of the verce Khatm. Just exact word Khaatam.

If you cannot, just admit with honesty.
You are being ignorant. I showed you a verse where face has a kasra version and fatha version in the same verse. It's the same word. Same with the khatam and khetamahu. So you don;t know Arabic and complain when people show you what you are asking for.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
You are being ignorant. I showed you a verse where face has a kasra version and fatha version in the same verse. It's the same word. Same with the khatam and khetamahu. So you don;t know Arabic and complain when people show you what you are asking for.

If your explanation is correct, then Arabs should use the word Khaatam, to mean Last. Now, show an example. You make up theories to explain it away, because you know you cannot find an example. Just be honest bro.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If your explanation is correct, then Arabs should use the word Khaatam, to mean Last. Now, show an example. You make up theories to explain it away, because you know you cannot find an example. Just be honest bro.
As repeated last is not the same as final. For example, in computer science or coding, if you have an array, and you ask for the last variable in the array. It would mean what is currently last and you can set it as that. There is a word final for variables, which makes then immutable, which is to distinguish from last. Last would change depending on what currently is the last component of the array.

Akher can mean what is currently the last. It can mean final, but it doesn't have to. While seal/final/finisher type meaning (khatam) is less ambiguous in this regard. This is why in Java, it uses the word final for a type of variable, if you don't want to change at all.

And I showed you a verse that uses the same word. If you bring the kasra vs fatha of the same word, that has to do with partial vs entirety. It doesn't make a different word. "hu" is how Arabic designates "it's" "his".

firedragon

Veteran Member
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.40.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.28.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.21.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.01.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.23.23.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.20.40.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.20.13.png
I gave you plenty of sentences in ahadith AND lexicons.

You should go back and read. Or let me attach again. Sentence, translation, both are given in the FUsha Atthuraath.
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.28.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.21.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.01.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.23.23.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.20.40.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.20.13.png

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A stamp is called that because in the past, it's what you would use to finalize a document. It would make official and finished.

Maybe the best translation would be "Mohammad was not the father of any of your men but rather the Messenger of God and the finality of the Prophets and God is by all things knowledgeable."

"Mohammad was not the father of any of your men but rather the Messenger of God and the finish of the Prophets and God is by all things knowledgeable."

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
And I showed you a verse that uses the same word.

You did not show me a verse that uses same word. You showed me a verse that has a word made from the same root.

Be honest and accurate.

If you bring the kasra vs fatha of the same word, that has to do with partial vs entirety. It doesn't make a different word. "hu" is how Arabic designates "it's" "his".

In Arabic, the meaning of a word completely can change by just changing Fatha to Kasra.
For example Akhir vs Akhar. The former means "Last", where as the latter mean "Another".
Another example is Alim vs Alam. The former means Scientist where as the latter mean, World.

And notice there are planty of sentenses in Arabic where you can find Aalam as well as Aalim. Likewise in Arabic sentnses, the word Khaatam always mean Seal, Stamp, or Ring. It never means Last. And you fail to bring an example, and insist not to accept this.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You did not show me a verse that uses same word. You showed me a verse that has a word made from the same root.

Be honest and accurate.

It's the same word, just as face is the same word in the Wudoo verse I quoted, in both kasra and fatha versions.