• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad said Christians are exalted until Judgement Day, why?

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Sorry you did reply. So explain if he is the seal of the prophethood, how is that not the last prophet Allah will send? What is your understanding then?

The word in the Quran which is translated as "Seal", is Khaatam (خاتم).

Khaatam in Arabic, and specially in Hadithes, means "Signet Ring". Even today, if you want to go and purchace a Ring from a store, you say I want a "Khaatam" in Arabic.

In old times, important people had Signet Ring.
A Signet Ring, was basically a ring, with some words or symbol enengraved on it.

They could use this ring to stamp a letter.
To do so, they used wax and pressed their ring on it, to stamp, so, it may be known the letter is written by them.
For example kings had such a Signet Ring.

In Arabic, it was called "Khaatam". When translators, translated the word Khaatam in the verse as "Seal", they mean Seal as in "Stamp" or Signet Ring.

Quran, uses this word as a similitude. He is basically saying, similitude of Muhammad is as a Signet Ring of the Prophets.

"Allah is certainly not ashamed to set forth the similitude of a fly or something above that, then as for those who believe they know that it is the truth from their Fosterer and as for those who do not believe, they say, "What is it that Allah intends by this similitude?" He misleads many with it and He guides many with it, but He does not mislead anyone with it except the transgressors " Quran 2:26

The commentators of Quran, have said, a document or letter is stamped, when it is finished, so, when Quran says, Muhammad is Seal of Prophets, it means Prophethood is finished.
Notice, this is their Tafseer. This is not based on a Hadith. Muhammad never said, Seal of Prophets mean, the Last Prophet.
But, what does Allah mean by this?

it is good to know that, in Quran, there is another word, that exactly means "Last".

For example the word Akhir, means Last.

"He is the First and the Last, the Ascendant and the Intimate, and He is, of all things, Knowing." Quran 57:3

So, if Allah wanted to say He is the Last, why He did not use the word Akhir, which has no other meaning, except "Last"?

Now, consider the verse I quoted 2:26,

He misleads many with it and He guides many with it, but He does not mislead anyone with it except the transgressors

So, let me ask this. If God said "Seal of Prophets", is it possibly He did not mean Last of Prophets? Could it be, with this Similitude, He misguided many? Many of those, who just like Christians, or Jews, like to think, their Messenger and Religion is the Last one?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Khaatam in Arabic, and specially in Hadithes, means "Signet Ring".
Mate. Why do you pretend to know a language when you don't just to further your preaching? Don't you think it's an irresponsible thing?

You are wrong. A signet ring is NOT called Khatham. The action of using a signet ring to seal an envelope or letter to show the authenticity IS CALLED KHATHAM. So a ring that is used to dump some wax on a piece of paper to seal it with a signature is called Chatham "because of it". It's the action. So some rings are called Khaatham Khathm, Khaatham Naksh, Khaatham Sulthani etc.

Please don't do this my friend. You don't know how wrong you are. Unbelievable.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

The word in the Quran which is translated as "Seal", is Khaatam (خاتم).

Khaatam in Arabic, and specially in Hadithes, means "Signet Ring". Even today, if you want to go and purchace a Ring from a store, you say I want a "Khaatam" in Arabic.
And would you say this is the only meaning for this word?

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
The action of using a signet ring to seal an envelope or letter to show the authenticity IS CALLED KHATHAM.

That is not correct.

Khaatam is the Ring, with which they seal or stamp a document.

Khaatam is not Action. Khaatam is the device.

The action or verb, to seal is ختم

1718478021936.png

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
And would you say this is the only meaning for this word?

In Hadithes and classical literature, yes.

In Hadithes, this is the only meaning it has.

If it meant anything else, I will be more than happy to learn.

Maybe @firedragon can bring some Hadithes.

I spent lots of time, searching Hadithes.

It Only meant "Ring".
Particularly, in Hadithes, it is said, God had given a Ring to Prophet Solomon that had miraculous power, similar to, how God gave Moses a stick.
When in Hadithes, it talks about the Ring of Solomon, it says Khaatam.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Khaatam is the Ring
As I explained, it could mean a signet ring because it's a seal that identifies you. I can repeat that if you wish. But the base meaning is as follows. Do more research. The source you found is mindbogglingly unsophisticated. Go to a decent dictionary. Farahadi, lane etc. Any work that's a tad more sophisticated and authentic than some page any tom, dick or harry can create for their personal needs.
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.20.13.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.40.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.28.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.21.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.01.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.23.23.png
Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.20.40.png

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
In Hadithes, this is the only meaning it has.

1. Hadith from Sahih Muslim

Sahih Muslim narrates:

“The similitude of myself and the Prophets before me is that of a person who built a house, which he adorned and beautified except the place of a brick in a corner. The people went around it, wondering at its beauty, but saying: 'If only a brick were put in its place!' So I am that brick, and I am the Seal of the Prophets.” (Sahih Muslim 2286)
In this hadith, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) compares the line of Prophets to a beautiful building, indicating that he is the final piece completing the structure, thus signifying the completion and seal of Prophethood.

2. Hadith from Sahih Bukhari

Sahih Bukhari includes the following narration:

“Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, 'My similitude in comparison with the other Prophets before me, is that of a man who has built a house completely and excellently except for a place of one brick. When the people entered it, they wondered at its beauty and said: 'But for the place of this brick (how splendid the house will be)!' So I am that brick, and I am the last of the Prophets.” (Sahih Bukhari 3535)
This hadith reiterates the Prophet's (peace be upon him) role as the final Prophet, emphasizing that he completes the sequence of Prophets, similar to the last brick completing a building.

3. Hadith from Sunan Abu Dawood

Sunan Abu Dawood records:

“The Prophet (ﷺ) said, 'The chain of Messengers and Prophets has come to an end. There shall be no Messenger nor Prophet after me.'” (Sunan Abu Dawood 4252)
This hadith explicitly states the conclusion of the Prophethood with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), further affirming the meaning of "Khatam" as the seal and finality of Prophets.

4. Hadith from Jami` at-Tirmidhi

Jami` at-Tirmidhi narrates:

“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'I have many names: I am Muhammad, I am Ahmad, I am Al-Mahi (the eraser) through whom Allah erases disbelief, I am Al-Hashir (the gatherer) who gathers the people at my feet, and I am Al-‘Aqib (the last) after whom there is no Prophet.'” (Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2842)
In this hadith, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) describes himself as "Al-‘Aqib," meaning the last or the one after whom there is no other Prophet, reinforcing the concept of him being the final Prophet.

5. Hadith from Sahih Ibn Hibban

Sahih Ibn Hibban mentions:

“The Prophet (ﷺ) said, 'Prophethood has ceased. There shall be no Prophet after me, except that there will be true dreams that will convey glad tidings or warnings.'” (Sahih Ibn Hibban 6754)
This hadith again confirms the end of Prophethood with the coming of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), with "Khatam" indicating the closure of the prophetic chain.

These Ahadith collectively reinforce the interpretation of "Khatam" as denoting the finality and completion of Prophethood, with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) being the last and the seal of all Prophets. This understanding is central to Islamic theology and is supported by various authentic sources in Hadith literature.

1. Sahih Muslim

In Sahih Muslim, the concept of "Khatam" is explicitly mentioned:

"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'The example of me and the other Prophets before me is that of a man who built a house and completed it except for one brick in the corner. People go around and admire it but say: ‘If only this brick were put in place!’ I am that brick, and I am the Seal (Khatam) of the Prophets (خَاتَم النَّبِيِّينَ).'" (Sahih Muslim 2286a)
This hadith clearly indicates that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the final Prophet, completing the chain of Prophethood like a missing brick completing a building.

2. Sahih al-Bukhari

Sahih al-Bukhari also mentions "Khatam" in a similar context:

"The Prophet (ﷺ) said: 'My similitude in comparison with the other Prophets before me is that of a man who has built a house completely and excellently except for a place of one brick. When the people enter it, they admire it and say: ‘But for the place of this brick (how splendid the house will be)!’ So I am that brick, and I am the last of the Prophets (خَاتَمُ النَّبِيِّينَ).'" (Sahih al-Bukhari 3535)
Here again, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is described as the final piece in the succession of Prophets, indicating his role as the "Khatam."

3. Jami` at-Tirmidhi

In Jami` at-Tirmidhi, the hadith explicitly uses the term "Khatam":

"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'Verily, the chain of Messengers and Prophets has come to an end. There shall be no Messenger nor Prophet after me.' (خَاتَمُ النَّبِيِّينَ)" (Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2219)
This hadith clearly states that with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the series of Prophets and Messengers is concluded, using the word "Khatam."

4. Musnad Ahmad

In Musnad Ahmad, the use of "Khatam" is evident:

"The Prophet (ﷺ) said: 'I am Muhammad, I am Ahmad, I am Al-Mahi through whom Allah obliterates disbelief, I am Al-Hashir who will be the first to be resurrected, and I am also Al-Aqib, meaning the one after whom there will be no Prophet (خَاتَمُ النَّبِيِّينَ).'" (Musnad Ahmad 14131)
This hadith lists several names and roles of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), including being the "Khatam" or the final Prophet.

5. Sahih Ibn Hibban

In Sahih Ibn Hibban, "Khatam" is mentioned clearly:

"The Prophet (ﷺ) said: 'Prophethood has ceased. There will be no Prophet after me, except that there will be glad tidings (mubashshirat).’ The Companions asked: ‘What are glad tidings?’ He said: ‘True dreams.’ (خَاتَمُ النَّبِيِّينَ)" (Sahih Ibn Hibban 6754)
This hadith emphasizes the end of Prophethood with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and uses the term "Khatam" to denote his finality as a Prophet.

6. Sunan Ibn Majah

Sunan Ibn Majah also contains a hadith mentioning "Khatam":

"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'In comparison to the Prophets who came before me, my example is like that of a man who built a house, completed it, and beautified it, except for a place for one brick. People go around it and say: ‘How beautiful it is, except for the place of this brick.’ I am that brick, and I am the Seal (Khatam) of the Prophets (خَاتَمُ النَّبِيِّينَ)." (Sunan Ibn Majah 4154)
Again, this hadith reiterates the role of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the "Khatam" or seal of the Prophets.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

There are many Twelver Shiite hadiths that indicate Mohammad (s) is the final Nabi such as this:

3ـ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى الاشْعَرِيُّ عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ الْبَرْقِيِّ عَنِ النَّضْرِ بْنِ سُوَيْدٍ عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ عِمْرَانَ الْحَلَبِيِّ عَنْ أَيُّوبَ بْنِ الْحُرِّ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) يَقُولُ إِنَّ الله عَزَّ ذِكْرُهُ خَتَمَ بِنَبِيِّكُمُ النَّبِيِّينَ فَلا نَبِيَّ بَعْدَهُ أَبَداً وَخَتَمَ بِكِتَابِكُمُ الْكُتُبَ فَلا كِتَابَ بَعْدَهُ أَبَداً وَأَنْزَلَ فِيهِ تِبْيَانَ كُلِّ شَيْ‏ءٍ وَخَلْقَكُمْ وَخَلْقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالارْضِ وَنَبَأَ مَا قَبْلَكُمْ وَفَصْلَ مَا بَيْنَكُمْ وَخَبَرَ مَا بَعْدَكُمْ وَأَمْرَ الْجَنَّةِ وَالنَّارِ وَمَا أَنْتُمْ صَائِرُونَ إِلَيْهِ.

3. Muhammad ibn Yahya al-Ash’ari has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from al-Barqi from al-Nadr ibn Suwayd from Yahya ibn ‘Imran al-Halabi from Ayyub ibn al-Hurr who has said that he heard Abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) say the following: "Allah, Majestic is his mention, ended with your prophet the (coming of) the prophets, thus, there will never come any prophet after him and with your book He ended the sending of (heavenly) books, thus, there will never come other heavenly books. In it (your book) He has placed clarifications for all things, such as your creation and the creation of the heavens and the earth. Therein is the news of the beings before you, the laws that help settle your disputes and the news of the beings that come into being after you, the news of the issues of Paradise and Fire and that to which you proceed.”

I've collected some of these here (and there's more I've not yet shown):

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
As I explained, it could mean a signet ring because it's a seal that identifies you. I can repeat that if you wish. But the base meaning is as follows. Do more research. The source you found is mindbogglingly unsophisticated. Go to a decent dictionary. Farahadi, lane etc. Any work that's a tad more sophisticated and authentic than some page any tom, dick or harry can create for their personal needs.View attachment 92825View attachment 92826View attachment 92827View attachment 92828View attachment 92829View attachment 92830View attachment 92831

Thanks, but, I am not talking about variations of that word. We are talking about the meaning of the exact form خاتَم Kahaatam, which is mentioned in Seal of Prophets.

Consider, for example. the word علم "Alama", which means to know.

In the form Aalam عالَم، it means the world, which has no smilarity to the word "Know", even though its root is علم.

That's because, عالَم means ما يعلم به That which, is known by it. Since the world is the place, knowledge comes from, it is called عالم .

Khaatam, similarly means ما يختم به، that which, is Stamped or Sealed with it.

1718508777883.png

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member

Sahih Muslim narrates:

In this hadith, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) compares the line of Prophets to a beautiful building, indicating that he is the final piece completing the structure, thus signifying the completion and seal of Prophethood.
We already discussed this, in this thread.

This hadith reiterates the Prophet's (peace be upon him) role as the final Prophet, emphasizing that he completes the sequence of Prophets, similar to the last brick completing a building.

This hadith explicitly states the conclusion of the Prophethood with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), further affirming the meaning of "Khatam" as the seal and finality of Prophets.

In this hadith, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) describes himself as "Al-‘Aqib," meaning the last or the one after whom there is no other Prophet, reinforcing the concept of him being the final Prophet.

This hadith again confirms the end of Prophethood with the coming of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), with "Khatam" indicating the closure of the prophetic chain.

These Ahadith collectively reinforce the interpretation of "Khatam" as denoting the finality and completion of Prophethood, with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) being the last and the seal of all Prophets. This understanding is central to Islamic theology and is supported by various authentic sources in Hadith literature.

1. Sahih Muslim

This hadith clearly indicates that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the final Prophet, completing the chain of Prophethood like a missing brick completing a building.

2. Sahih al-Bukhari

Here again, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is described as the final piece in the succession of Prophets, indicating his role as the "Khatam."

3. Jami` at-Tirmidhi

This hadith clearly states that with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the series of Prophets and Messengers is concluded, using the word "Khatam."

4. Musnad Ahmad

This hadith lists several names and roles of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), including being the "Khatam" or the final Prophet.

5. Sahih Ibn Hibban

This hadith emphasizes the end of Prophethood with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and uses the term "Khatam" to denote his finality as a Prophet.

6. Sunan Ibn Majah

Again, this hadith reiterates the role of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the "Khatam" or seal of the Prophets.

Sahih Muslim narrates:

1. Sahih Muslim

2. Sahih al-Bukhari

3. Jami` at-Tirmidhi

4. Musnad Ahmad

5. Sahih Ibn Hibban

6. Sunan Ibn Majah

Like I said there is no Hadith or any literature in Arabic Language that the word Khaatam means the Last.

All of these are Tafseer.

Let me ask you this:.

Show me a sentense in Arabic other than خاتم النبيين, that has the word خاتَم Khaatam in it, and show it means the Last.

Notice, I am not talking about other variations of the same root ختم. I am asking you, if you can, quote a sentence in Arabic, that has the word خاتَم KhaatAm, and it means the last.

If indeed this word can mean last, you must be able to show another example, other than خاتم النبيين.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We already discussed this, in this thread.

Like I said there is no Hadith or any literature in Arabic Language that the word Khaatam means the Last.

All of these are Tafseer.

Let me ask you this:.

Show me a sentense in Arabic other than خاتم النبيين, that has the word خاتَم Khaatam in it, and show it means the Last.

Notice, I am not talking about other variations of the same root ختم. I am asking you, if you can, quote a sentence in Arabic, that has the word خاتَم KhaatAm, and it means the last.

If indeed this word can mean last, you must be able to show another example, other than خاتم النبيين.
The dictionary he posted did that and even cited a verse in the Quran as an example (other than Khatamal Nabiyeen).

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Salam

There are many Twelver Shiite hadiths that indicate Mohammad (s) is the final Nabi such as this:

3ـ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى الاشْعَرِيُّ عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ الْبَرْقِيِّ عَنِ النَّضْرِ بْنِ سُوَيْدٍ عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ عِمْرَانَ الْحَلَبِيِّ عَنْ أَيُّوبَ بْنِ الْحُرِّ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) يَقُولُ إِنَّ الله عَزَّ ذِكْرُهُ خَتَمَ بِنَبِيِّكُمُ النَّبِيِّينَ فَلا نَبِيَّ بَعْدَهُ أَبَداً وَخَتَمَ بِكِتَابِكُمُ الْكُتُبَ فَلا كِتَابَ بَعْدَهُ أَبَداً وَأَنْزَلَ فِيهِ تِبْيَانَ كُلِّ شَيْ‏ءٍ وَخَلْقَكُمْ وَخَلْقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالارْضِ وَنَبَأَ مَا قَبْلَكُمْ وَفَصْلَ مَا بَيْنَكُمْ وَخَبَرَ مَا بَعْدَكُمْ وَأَمْرَ الْجَنَّةِ وَالنَّارِ وَمَا أَنْتُمْ صَائِرُونَ إِلَيْهِ.

3. Muhammad ibn Yahya al-Ash’ari has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from al-Barqi from al-Nadr ibn Suwayd from Yahya ibn ‘Imran al-Halabi from Ayyub ibn al-Hurr who has said that he heard Abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) say the following: "Allah, Majestic is his mention, ended with your prophet the (coming of) the prophets, thus, there will never come any prophet after him and with your book He ended the sending of (heavenly) books, thus, there will never come other heavenly books. In it (your book) He has placed clarifications for all things, such as your creation and the creation of the heavens and the earth. Therein is the news of the beings before you, the laws that help settle your disputes and the news of the beings that come into being after you, the news of the issues of Paradise and Fire and that to which you proceed.”

I've collected some of these here (and there's more I've not yet shown):

We already discussed this.

These Hadithes are talking about the Period that Quran is revealed for.
For the period that Quran is revealed for, it was complete and no prophets was supposed to come.

See verse 13:38 - 39. I already explained it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
These Hadithes are talking about the Period that Quran is revealed for.

It didn't say that. It says there will be no Prophet after Mohammad (s) ever and says there will be no book after Quran ever. You don't accept clearest of words.

To you anything can mean anything you want it too.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
خِتَامُهُ مِسْكٌ ۚ وَفِي ذَٰلِكَ فَلْيَتَنَافَسِ الْمُتَنَافِسُونَ | whose seal is musk—for such let the viers vie— | Al-Mutaffifin : 26

The word here is not Khaatam. It is Khitam-uhu.
I am asking a simple thing.
I am asking, from All the literature of Arabs, in present time or old time, find an example, a Sentence where the word Khaatam means Last.

Is not my question clear?

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
It didn't say that. It says there will be no Prophet after Mohammad (s) ever and says there will be no book after Quran ever. You don't accept clearest of words.

To you anything can mean anything you want it too.

I read Hadithes in the light of the Quran.
There is no verse in the Quran saying, it is the final Revelation.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The word here is not Khaatam. It is Khitam-uhu.
I am asking a simple thing.
I am asking, from All the literature of Arabs, in present time or old time, find an example, a Sentence where the word Khaatam means Last.

Is not my question clear?
Do you know the grammar reasons why a kasra is used and why a fatha is used for same word, for example in:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا قُمْتُمْ إِلَى الصَّلَاةِ فَاغْسِلُوا وُجُوهَكُمْ وَأَيْدِيَكُمْ إِلَى الْمَرَافِقِ وَامْسَحُوا بِرُءُوسِكُمْ وَأَرْجُلَكُمْ إِلَى الْكَعْبَيْنِ ۚ وَإِنْ كُنْتُمْ جُنُبًا فَاطَّهَّرُوا ۚ وَإِنْ كُنْتُمْ مَرْضَىٰ أَوْ عَلَىٰ سَفَرٍ أَوْ جَاءَ أَحَدٌ مِنْكُمْ مِنَ الْغَائِطِ أَوْ لَامَسْتُمُ النِّسَاءَ فَلَمْ تَجِدُوا مَاءً فَتَيَمَّمُوا صَعِيدًا طَيِّبًا فَامْسَحُوا بِوُجُوهِكُمْ وَأَيْدِيكُمْ مِنْهُ ۚ مَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيَجْعَلَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنْ حَرَجٍ وَلَٰكِنْ يُرِيدُ لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ وَلِيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ | O you who have faith! When you stand up for prayer, wash your faces and your hands up to the elbows, and wipe a part of your heads and your feet, up to the ankles. If you are junub, purify yourselves. But if you are sick, or on a journey, or any of you has come from the toilet, or you have touched women, and you cannot find water, then make tayammum with clean ground and wipe a part of your faces and your hands with it. Allah does not desire to put you to hardship, but He desires to purify you, and to complete His blessing upon you so that you may give thanks. | Al-Maaida : 6

I would do research into that. Otherwise, I've answered your question. You don't know Arabic and pretending you know something about this word others do not which is not true.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I read Hadithes in the light of the Quran.
There is no verse in the Quran saying, it is the final Revelation.
You can't have it both ways. You say when Quran says something, bring hadiths. When hadiths say something, I refer to Quran. You are deciding which card based on your caprice.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
You can't have it both ways. You say when Quran says something, bring hadiths. When hadiths say something, I refer to Quran. You are deciding which card based on your caprice.

I am saying use only Quran. Only Quran is Authoritative.
Hadithes are not Authoritative. But there is guide in them, when used in the light of the Quran.
So, how to use Hadith?

To interpret an unclear verse of Quran, use a Hadith, if available.