• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad The Greatest: A comparative study

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Any prophet that said such a thing is a false prophet.

100 lashes for this perceived crime is barbaric - The stoning part is beyond barbaric and both should be sins.

That you believe that death is justified for having sex outside of marriage means that you are dangerous to all of mankind.

isn't the term 'leethal injection' barbaric too, i just can't figure it out why do most non muslims wish to change islam when they need to change themselvs first. i mean look at these so called "advanced" western contries, they wish to tell the muslims this is how you should live your lives because it is the best way and yet they are the barbarians of the 21'st century.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
at the moment Islam requires no help to make it look bad.

yes indeed ENGLAND. there are many ignorant people in this world, even when you speak the truth to them they thing you are doing something wrong, crimes against humanity, actually i do agree with them because once someone gets used to accepting lies they cannot change back to accpet the truth and the facts, so it kind of is crimes against humanity if someone speakes the truth in the 21'st century.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I am so jealous of you,the next time the Postman winks at my Wife i will give her one hundred lashes just to be like you.:)

and i am jealous of you too, i'll leave my wife and kids go to bed and i will go out to a whore club just so i can be like you, and just to be 'equal' with my wife ill take her with me so we can watch nude women right. western societis speak of "equality" right, i can't deny the rights of my wife can i now?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Easy to conspire to make Islam look bad? That's an understatement. In fact, I think we haven't had anybody working on that conspiracy for like 20 years. They've done a much better job on their own than we could ever have done.

really 20 years, is that when you stopped or when you lost interest? :p(don't mean anything personal), just cos you don't know about it, doesn't make it true now does it?

kai

ragamuffin
and i am jealous of you too, i'll leave my wife and kids go to bed and i will go out to a whore club just so i can be like you, and just to be 'equal' with my wife ill take her with me so we can watch nude women right. western societis speak of "equality" right, i can't deny the rights of my wife can i now?

you know if thats what you want to do eselam then here you have the choice to do just that,
To not do so ,would in my opinion be your perogative ,if you decided against such behaviour on religious or moral grounds then respect to you ,but the key here is Choice no one is going to flog you if you did.

But first we would change "whore club" to "strip club" because we dont have "whore clubs." not legal ones anyway.

Nmac

I think that the intention of the ahadith was a good one- to set an example for humans to follow. It is my understanding through my (limited) studies of the Qur'an and Islam that to many Muslims, Muhammad is considered to be the perfect human. A pure human.

And while many Muslims would disagree with me, I think that as we have evolved as humans, our idea of "perfect" and "pure" has also changed so, what lessons you take from the traditions or the Qur'an are up to you. In order to fulfill your life and feel...at peace with your religion, you must analyze it and apply it to yourself.

So it is up to each individual to decide whether the example set by Muhammad was more positive or negative or somewhere in between and what that means for his/her own life as a Muslim.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Response: Not all from the west feel the same. I for one certainly do not. One of the main attractions to islam if you were to ask a woman is because in islam, the muslims cherish the idea of modesty and not the sexual exploits that the western media has no shame in partaking in.

sister, how many animal species do you find ashamed of such acts? well the camel only, thats one. the people who are right are always low in numbers, just compare the camel to the rest of the animals.

Perhaps one day you will come to understand that a society should be built on what's best for the society and not to grant what each individual of a society think what's best. That's the big difference between islam and the rest of the west

well muslims aren't allowed to "think" for themseves, so ofcourse we won't become like that, look at the non muslims they "think" for them selves. so everyone is right, there is no wrong and there is no right in a western society.
once upon a time dogs were slaves know dogs are the masters and humans are the slaves. it all has to do with "evolution" and free thinking.

kai

ragamuffin
I tend to think Holiness comes from within and from a choice of how one lives their lives not from rules and regulations or from threats of violence

.The west has a cornucopia of choices , there are choices for near enogh everything and its a measure of a man /woman how he makes those choices.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I tend to think Holiness comes from within and from a choice of how one lives their lives not from rules and regulations or from threats of violence

.The west has a cornucopia of choices , there are choices for near enogh everything and its a measure of a man /woman how he makes those choices.

kai

is this related to any of my posts or is that just something you thought would be good to mention?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

LOL Eselam do you really think the West has a multitude of whorehouses that everyone visits,the truth is a minority of people visit such places,besides there are whores in Islamic countries and i have never been to see a whore like the majority of people here.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
In my country we have rights of free speech which i am exercising,i can for example criticise the Pope for his stupid comments on Condoms or Gordon Brown for the useless Labour party,thats my right.
Would Islam "be as big" as you put it if it was horrible,well because somethings horrible it does'nt mean it cannot have a big following but i would refer you back to inherited religion and immigration.
I do not have a problem with peoples beliefs as long as it does'nt harm others and although many Muslims will tell me that stoning is a cultral practice and nothing to do with Islam,well i have some straight forward questions for you.
Did Muhammed have people stoned?
Are there references which can be seen in the Hadith where he has somebody stoned?
Do Muslims try to emulate Muhammed through the Sunna and Hadith?

Will there be an answer to this

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
LOL Eselam do you really think the West has a multitude of whorehouses that everyone visits,the truth is a minority of people visit such places,besides there are whores in Islamic countries and i have never been to see a whore like the majority of people here.

ok first sorry if it seemed a bit to inappropriate or offencive.

but my point was this;

you said you will be like Fatihah by giving lashes to your wife just because the post man gives her a wink, and has Fatihah done that? i do not think so. has anyother muslim done that? i do not think so.

i just posted that to show you what it feels like to say something that isn't true or to accuse someone for something they haven't done. thats all. no bad intentions were meant.

so the same with my example, i made it to show you that your satament had no place here, Fatihah never gave lashes to his wife and nor has anyother muslim.

you haven't gone to those clubs thats fine, good for you. atleast someone has their dignity. (no offence to anyone else :D)

this was the point that i wanted to make.

please don't take it personally though, didn't mean anything like that.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
ok first sorry if it seemed a bit to inappropriate or offencive.

but my point was this;

you said you will be like Fatihah by giving lashes to your wife just because the post man gives her a wink, and has Fatihah done that? i do not think so. has anyother muslim done that? i do not think so.

i just posted that to show you what it feels like to say something that isn't true or to accuse someone for something they haven't done. thats all. no bad intentions were meant.

so the same with my example, i made it to show you that your satament had no place here, Fatihah never gave lashes to his wife and nor has anyother muslim.

you haven't gone to those clubs thats fine, good for you. atleast someone has their dignity. (no offence to anyone else :D)

this was the point that i wanted to make.

please don't take it personally though, didn't mean anything like that.

Eselam i did'nt take any offence so its ok,what i said was in jest ,it was a double edged sword because Fatihah agrees with stoning or lashes and not because he gives them to his wife.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Will there be an answer to this

if you are so desperate for an answer i will answer it;

Originally Posted by England my lionheart Did Muhammed have people stoned?

don't know, never seen a hadith that says so.

Are there references which can be seen in the Hadith where he has somebody stoned?

don't know, ask someone else

Do Muslims try to emulate Muhammed through the Sunna and Hadith?

interesting part, yes we do but we cannot emulate Muhammed (saws) to the fullest. because Muhammed (saws) is the ideal role model for everyone. know just because he was for everyone, that doesn't mean we can be like that.

here are a few examples about which people he was a good example of character;

a leader of people (ie president)
a father,
a soldier,
rich people,
poor people,
middle class people,
kings,
slaves,
etc... the list goes on.

so this is were the problem is, most of us muslims will never become leaders of a country, so in that part most of us will not be able to immitate him to the fullest.
most of us will not be fathers, but we can be like a father figure to other children, say orphans.
and most of us will never be kings, but will be rich, so we will imitate him in how he spent his wealth and for what reasons. we cannot immitate him in all aspects.

another example is that he forgave his enemies, people that killed his relatives and loved ones. so i really doubt that most muslims can do this, however, there are muslims who can.

pretty long answer to a short question, i hope it helps well the last part anyway.