• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Things which are true if you watch US movies & TV:
- All police chiefs are black.
- There's always a parking space right in front.
- Everyone wears makeup & has $100 haircuts.
- Bad guys are terrible shots.
- Guys wearing red shirts will die.
- Muslims are terrorists.
- When you hear ominous music, don't open the door or look behind you, then run like hell.....& don't fall down.
- Black guys deal drugs....except for the police chiefs.
- Black gals are prostitutes.
- Everywhere in the US looks like So Cal.
- Heroes make the dumbest decisions, but it always works out because they're incredibly lucky.
- Extraterrestrials all speak English with a mid-western accent....which is no accent at all.
- Every car flies into the air & bursts into flames if it hits anything.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
OK this thread has officially become a joke. :rolleyes:

Back to the topic, please.

Godobeyer, I have no doubt that you are a decent person, but your ideas about marriage and relationships leave a lot to be desired. Perhaps once you meet your life partner you'll find out that women do not like to be "corrected" by physical means. Correction doesn't even enter the atmosphere in a healthy relationship.
agree back to topic not movies name

this is me , I always try to treat people as i want to be treated by them .

my idea comes from my experience and my beliefs .
accuatly i did not mariage until now because many reasons , but I found many girls told me that they will be good wife for me , "subordonate to me " , accuatly my engagments periods tell me the same thing . that the Muslim woman if she loved her husband she will do anything for to please him , but in condition he need to be a MAN with her , take care of her, and be good responsible for her and respect her , and don't harm

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Things which are true if you watch US movies & TV:
- All police chiefs are black.
- There's always a parking space right in front.
- Everyone wears makeup & has $100 haircuts.
- Bad guys are terrible shots.
- Guys wearing red shirts will die.
- Muslims are terrorists.
- When you hear ominous music, don't open the door, look behind you, run, don't fall down.
- Black guys deal drugs....except for the police chiefs.
- Black gals are prostitutes.
- Everywhere in the US looks like So Cal.
- Heroes make the dumbest decisions, but it always works out because they're incredibly lucky.
- Extraterrestrials all speak English with a mid-western accent....which is no accent at all.
- Every car flies into the air & bursts into flames if it hits anything.
absolutly right.
this acuatly refer ,to who control the propaganda of media .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Now that you mention it, what image do you have of Egyptian culture from the movies?
they are funny people , their traditionnal food is "Beans" and Falafel and shawarma , and their mariage they invite and "dancer" to dance in it .
and their farvorite actor is Adal Imama ....etc

Photonic

Ad astra!
I don't go to texas , but I know that they live in desert south of usa ,and they have tradition clothes , jeans and hat , and rich of OIL , and as all the USA people they drink , and dance , and they are host mexican imigration as workers ,and mexicans workers try always imigrate by cross the board (stealth) ....etc
we are in small world , the TV and Internet is great window to each other .

Texas is nothing like that, most of my family lives there and I go once a year to celebrate my step moms birthday.

Texas is just like any other place in the US.

Yea, in the old days, sure. Texas might have been "cowboyish." But in the old days California was Gold Miner territory, and settlers.

In the 1980's California had a gang culture to it.

Now,

California now has a GDP in Southern California alone that most of Europe wouldn't have if they combined it all.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
they are funny people , their traditionnal food is "Beans" and Falafel and shawarma , and their mariage they invite and "dancer" to dance in it .
and their farvorite actor is Adal Imama ....etc

That's what I thought.

First of all, belly dancers are hired for weddings in certain areas only, and it's generally frowned upon to do so. Drinking alcoholic beverages is also depicted as a normal practice in a lot of Egyptian movies, but reality is very different when it comes to this particular subject, especially considering that the majority of the Egyptian population are Muslim.

Adel Imam? Let's just say that after he supported the previous dictatorial regime and slandered the protesters during the times of the Egyptian revolution, his popularity dropped to the lowest it's ever been.

There. I hope this clears at least some of those things up for you. :)

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Texas is nothing like that, most of my family lives there and I go once a year to celebrate my step moms birthday.

Texas is just like any other place in the US.

Yea, in the old days, sure. Texas might have been "cowboyish." But in the old days California was Gold Miner territory, and settlers.

In the 1980's California had a gang culture to it.

Now,

California now has a GDP in Southern California alone that most of Europe wouldn't have if they combined it all.
I know it's divers place , and culture and tradition is change up in during time , but it's famous by cowboy ,and what i told before etc

Photonic

Ad astra!
I know it's divers place , and culture and tradition is change up in during time , but it's famous by cowboy ,and what i told before etc

Yea, it's famous for what it used to be, not what it is today.

Rome is famous too, but is it anything like what it used to be? Hell no.

Egypt is famous for its pyramids, do they still build them?

Godobeyer

Premium Member

CynthiaCypher

good point , if he resist why not ?
accuatly every man is male , but not every male is man .

for me I could not imagine that my wife slap me , or don't respect me , the slap is good solution only fo unrespectful , Stubborn woman .

thank you Enlighten for help :)

So if a woman has a lazy arse husband who doesn't work and disrespects her...she can slap him?

Me Myself

Back to my username

for me I could not imagine that my wife slap me , or don't respect me , the slap is good solution only fo unrespectful , Stubborn woman .

thank you http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/members/enlighten-18356.htmlEnlighten for help :)http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/members/enlighten-18356.html

If the man sees the slap as a disrespect, then he dsrespects his woman when he slaps her. If he doesn't see the lslap as disrespect, then there is no reason to be madif the woman slaps him.

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith

thank you Enlighten for help :)

That sounds like punishment to me. A wife is not a child you know. She is a human being with rights.

Me Myself

Back to my username
acuatly from movies hhhhhhhhhhhh

i ask you a question did you work before , or working ?

Which movie you saw that said it was against the law for woman to not work? o_O

If you wanna eat and you don't have money, you work. Is as simple as that.

I don't see how this has anything to do with disrespecting women via slap though (given that you say you would feel disrrespected if slapped by a woman)

Status
Not open for further replies.