• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
yeah , the science fiction movie is the face of your culture hhhhhhhhhhhhh
are you serieus ?
I talking about movie which represent the culture and tradition .
for exemple cowboy movies represent the culture and tradition of USA especiatly in south (Texas ..etc )
None of them do so

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I'm certainly not Muslim and no subject matter expert on this topic. I think like any religious group, Muslims would have the same ability to interpret their holy book as they wanted to - liberally or more conservatively and people of different character and understanding will act differently based upon the teachings and directive given to them.

I think it's challening for a lot of people outside the auspices of this particular faith, it is for me, as a woman, to digest the concept of being subservient to a husband who would have the religious authority to beat me if I fell out of line. But, I have to acknowledge my own unfairness when making such assumptions about other cultures. The veiled woman isn't necessarily abused or unhappy within her marriage, even if indoctrinated into such circumstances.

However, I think I might get the point that Godobeyer was making and maybe he can correct me if I'm wrong.

And I think the point that was being made is that the subservience means to the greatest extent that the man is head of household - the provider, the protecter, the authority. But, when acting as such in a loving, compassionate manner - and loving his spouse - an abusive relationship wouldn't exist, because he would see his spouse as something precious and she would be subservient out of love and respect, because they would both abide by the teachings of their holy book, consentually. He wouldn't have to beat her as he wouldn't be inclined to do so. They would work out their problems as married couples do.

I felt this was the point that Godobeyer was making and again, if I'm wrong, I hope he speaks up.
you now close to understanding me .
first of all , the mariage in Islam is saint relation , which based on love and respect and mercy and compassionate and first of all obey God in each other .
the man is muslim world is the only responsible in everything about his wife and his kids , and on the other hand , the wife should estime and appreciate that by respect and obey his husband not because he is the responsible of her , but also for obeying her god ,by obeying her husband .

every one had his/her experience about the relation between the his/her partner , it's refer to diversty of personality in every one . and every one has his touch and his way to treat with his partner or to treat a mariage problem . even the finger in the same hand are differ .

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
are you serieus ?
for exemple cowboy movies represent the culture and tradition of USA especiatly in south (Texas ..etc )

You have absolutely no credibility with this argument, Godobeyer.

Enlighten

are you serieus ?

They don't though. You'd be best trying to watch some accurate documentaries on western culture to gain some insight, if you don't want to take time to research.

Bismillah

Submit
in that region? I have no idea. generally? no. I mean, it surely wasn't peachy, but just think cleopatra. or hey,
But why are you comparing Greek or Egyptian societies to those of the Arab Peninsula?

The Jahiliyya's treament of women can by and large be described as

• The women of Jahiliyya were agents of trade
  • Girls were buried alive by their fathers
  • They were given out in marriage without their consent
  • They had no right to property and were not given a part of their late fathers’ wealth
  • They had no say in the matters relating to their marriage

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Then you haven't been to Texas. :p
I don't go to texas , but I know that they live in desert south of usa ,and they have tradition clothes , jeans and hat , and rich of OIL , and as all the USA people they drink , and dance , and they are host mexican imigration as workers ,and mexicans workers try always imigrate by cross the board (stealth) ....etc
we are in small world , the TV and Internet is great window to each other .

Enlighten

I don't go to texas , but I know that they live in desert south of usa ,and they have tradition clothes , jeans and hat , and rich of OIL , and as all the USA people they drink , and dance , and they are host mexican imigration as workers ,and mexicans workers try always imigrate by cross the board (stealth) ....etc
we are in small world , the TV and Internet is great window to each other .

Are you being serious here or are you trolling? I am beginning to wonder.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
They don't though. You'd be best trying to watch some accurate documentaries on western culture to gain some insight, if you don't want to take time to research.
I accualty i am fan of watching movies especialy american movies , that why I know enough about their tradition and culture and way of living .

Enlighten

I accualty i am fan of watching movies especialy american movies , that why I know enough about their tradition and culture and way of living .

I too am a fan of american movies, but this is where our similaries end. Movies do not represent the american culture. They are purely entertainment.

I will ask again, what movies do you feel give insight into the american way of life, name some?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I too am a fan of american movies, but this is where our similaries end. Movies do not represent the american culture. They are purely entertainment.

I will ask again, what movies do you feel give insight into the american way of life, name some?
I am not exagerate , not all the movie represent and show some of american culture and tradition ,

abosulty not living the culture and tradition as the same as you see it through TV or Internet .

Draka

Wonder Woman
Just for the sheer fun of it, pleae Godobeyer, tell me what you think you know about life where I live, and for me, that you have gained from movies. I am in Iowa, the Midwest of the US. That's all you seem to need to know right? Ignoring anything else I may have said to you about my life, what would you presume based upon your vast knowledge from movies?

not nom

Just for the sheer fun of it, pleae Godobeyer, tell me what you think you know about life where I live, and for me, that you have gained from movies. I am in Iowa, the Midwest of the US. That's all you seem to need to know right? Ignoring anything else I may have said to you about my life, what would you presume based upon your vast knowledge from movies?

there is lots of country side where you live. you wear plaid long sleeved shirts. there are crickets and cows, and at night the stars come out, but otherwise there is either sunshine or snow storms. your cars are huge and rusty, but they work okay.

hmm, I don't feel confident about this... I think I just never saw a movie taking place in iowa :sorry1:

Enlighten

Oh I'll join this too, I'm from Scotland, UK.

Draka

Wonder Woman
there is lots of country side where you live. you wear plaid long sleeved shirts. there are crickets and cows, and at night the stars come out, but otherwise there is either sunshine or snow storms. your cars are huge and rusty, but they work okay.

hmm, I don't feel confident about this... I think I just never saw a movie taking place in iowa :sorry1:

Field of Dreams, Bridges of Madison County, Michael (John Travolta angel movie), Ice Castles, Sleeping with the Enemy, Star Trek (newest one where a young Kirk grew up in Iowa). There are some out there ;)

not nom

Oh I'll join this too, I'm from Scotland, UK.

lol, too easy.

braveheart460.jpg

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.