• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't think I'd do so well in certain countries. ;) You know, being an outspoken Wiccan lady who won't tolerate being "subordinate" as a requirement in my relationship. :p Something tells me I might be in trouble in some places.

Ya think? ;) This thread needed a laugh. Unfortunately I'm guessing laughter may be a signal of the insubordination to come, for some. "you can take a horse to water..."

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Men who hit their wives are weak and they are cowards. If I see a man hitting his wife in front of me, I will beat him for being insubordinate to decency.
that 's scandal more than it's beat , (beating wife in public area ) me too i will stop him
, how about some one discussion with your wife in the work , is that normal for you ?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
that 's scandal more than it's beat , (beating wife in public area ) me too i will stop him
, how about some one discussion with your wife in the work , is that normal for you ?

Ah, so men who beat their wives know enough that it's wrong to not do it in public. Just shows even more how they are cowardly and weak. If it was okay to beat your wife, then it should be okay in public if she is being insubordinate.

Once again, men who beat their wives are cowards - doings so in private only makes you a bigger coward.

And what does this have to do with people discussing their wives? I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Godobeyer, I'm glad you at least took down the first video you had with the cheesy acting and Spiderman stint. That was beyond stupid. As to the other ones, the second one you see a man trying to swing punches at the woman and each time she takes him down. What is your point for posting this I wonder. As to you even posting such videos, really, what is your point? Deflection? It only appears like you are trying to point the finger and say "Look! it happens in your society too!" Yeah? And? It's still not acceptable. Just because some people beat their spouses does NOT mean it is ok. Just because your reasoning for doing so you try to justify via your religion does NOT make it ok. Pointing the finger at others never excuses oneself for doing the like.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Ah, so men who beat their wives know enough that it's wrong to not do it in public. Just shows even more how they are cowardly and weak. If it was okay to beat your wife, then it should be okay in public if she is being insubordinate.

Once again, men who beat their wives are cowards - doings so in private only makes you a bigger coward.

And what does this have to do with people discussing their wives? I have no idea what you're trying to say.

for me if i found my wife talking and smiling with some one forgien , i will slap her ,because if not i will be cuckold , would you too ?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Here in Canada and the US workplaces are almost entirely with both genders, so we're all really used to discussing stuff with the opposite gender. It's called seeing each other as humans. I taught school, and many of my best friends and colleagues were women. The only reason I may not have talked to them would be if I suspected they were going to get a beating when they went home, but that never happened.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
for me if i found my wife talking and smiling with some one forgien , i will slap her ,because if not i will be cuckold , would you too ?

No, I trust my wife because she is a mature, intelligent, honest, competent person. I feel bad for you that you don't. But, then again, I don't blame you. I wouldn't expect somebody I beat to want to be with me either.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
No, I trust my wife because she is a mature, intelligent, honest, competent person. I feel bad for you that you don't. But, then again, I don't blame you. I wouldn't expect somebody I beat to want to be with me either.
I don't talking about "trust or cheat " that's other thing ,
i am talking about " talking and smilling in discussion " is that allowed to you ? and made a friend of work or friend of neighboard ...etc , it's normal for you ?
it's for me (and all Muslims ) is cuckold in small action . it's the hight way for cheating .

Draka

Wonder Woman
I skimmed it.
I recommend that Draka not move to Algeria.

Just skimmed it too. :eek: Yeah, won't be moving there. In fact, don't think any woman should live there period. Did you read where marital violence was not considered grounds for divorce for women? So even if the husband beats the crap out of her she still doesn't have legal grounds for divorce. Holy crap.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I don't talking about "trust or cheat " that's other thing ,
i am talking about " talking and smilling in discussion " is that allowed to you ? and made a friend of work or friend of neighboard ...etc , it's normal for you ?
it's for me (and all Muslims ) is cuckold in small action . it's the hight way for cheating .

Sounds like you're all very insecure little men then.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Yes, it's normal here. I laughed and smiled all the time with my women friends. Never in a sexual way, if that is what you mean. Even on line, I think Draka and I just shared a laugh. At least I did. :) Life is meant to be lived joyously.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Godobeyer, I'm glad you at least took down the first video you had with the cheesy acting and Spiderman stint. That was beyond stupid. As to the other ones, the second one you see a man trying to swing punches at the woman and each time she takes him down. What is your point for posting this I wonder. As to you even posting such videos, really, what is your point? Deflection? It only appears like you are trying to point the finger and say "Look! it happens in your society too!" Yeah? And? It's still not acceptable. Just because some people beat their spouses does NOT mean it is ok. Just because your reasoning for doing so you try to justify via your religion does NOT make it ok. Pointing the finger at others never excuses oneself for doing the like.
yeah It's was mistake , in copy/paste .........it's was funny video hhhhhhhhh

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Yes, it's normal here. I laughed and smiled all the time with my women friends. Never in a sexual way, if that is what you mean. Even on line, I think Draka and I just shared a laugh. At least I did. :) Life is meant to be lived joyously.
the beat of insubordonite woman is normal here , but the wife discuss and talking and making friend is considerate unnormal , and that husband called cuckold here .
did you see the different between us ?

Draka

Wonder Woman

Yes, we shared a laugh. I've been laughing and smiling at several things both you and KT have said.

I'm betting Godobeyer doesn't think very much of me already, but here's just more to add to the pile. Most of my friends in my life have been men. My best friend for a couple years while I lived in California was a man. He'd crash at my place on my sofa many weekends. We'd go out to do karaoke at bars sometimes. We hung out together on the flightline at work (helicopter squadron). We were best friends. Never anything romantic or sexual between us. It IS possible. No matter what Godobeyer may think, a man and a woman can be friends and share smiles and laughter.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
did you see the different between us ?

Yes, I think we all see the difference. But in the name of humanity I don't accept the difference. I don't like it that you still feel its perfectly fine to beat your wife for whatever reason you feel is appropriate, and I urge you never to do it again for any reason. Please have a really good look at the pain in her eyes the next time (God forbid) you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.