• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
My wife has danced with other men at many functions and situations. Mature, secure people have no problem with this. Dancing is not cheating. Smiling is not cheating. Talking is not cheating. The irony is that people who try to control their partner because they are jealous, are more likely to end up driving their partner away and eventually causing them to cheat.
by the way i never said/claim that dancing is cheating . it's missjaelous for me .

I am sorry for this post :
but i am sure that they enjoy with her "beautiful" body .

Enlighten

I wouldn't like for my wife to dance with another man, mainly due to religious reasons. That's why I wouldn't marry someone who has no problem doing it. Better find the closest match. ;)

Good point, I just personally don't understand the issue with dancing, but I am not religious. I just want to point out, incase it becomes mis-interpreted, the kisses were kisses of congratulations to the marriage, not passionate kisses. :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
look Draka , maybe you are the only one that i felt that you understand my point .
as i see you have in the west the jealous doesnt equal the trust
as I see that :the trust and freedom had no limites
this is two points i am against them .
why
because the jealous is a proof of care and love ,even the animals jealous for their females !!!
Jealousy is not proof of care and love, it is born of a sense of ownership. There is a difference between being protective of a person because you love them and being jealous. If you love a person you will want to protect them from getting hurt. Not hurt them. If you hurt your partner, you don't truly love them. Your partner is to be an extension of yourself. If you don't feel that...then you shouldn't be with them.

for me the trust and freedom had limite
for exemple :
even i trust in my wife i will never let her work in bar until 2:00 am
Why? Because you are worried what someone else may do to her in that environment, or what she might do?

for make you understand me more , even you trust in your husband you will feel sorry about his past relationship , you wished that you are the first love for him right ?
No, I am not his first love and he is not mine. Wishing differently is stupid as if each of us hadn't gone through our previous relationships we would not be who we are now. We have each grown into the people we are and it is the people we are now that we love. I have to be grateful for his previous relationships, for those experiences have molded him into the man I know and love now.

even you trust in your husband you will never let him work in bar with (..... ) to the morning
If that's his job and I trust him, then I don't see the issue. Why wouldn't I let him work in a bar? Actually, since I am not his parent, it's not like I have any call to "let" him do anything. He's a big boy, he's an adult, he can make his own decisions. I can voice concerns, but they are his decisions to make.

even you trust in your husband you will never let him sleep in the bad with forgien woman .
Why would he be in another woman's bed?

Last edited:

Enlighten

omg , :facepalm:
how he let that happened afront his eyes ?!!!!!!!!!!!

He also danced with other females, received kisses etc. It's a time of celebration, we were just married. Of course people wanted to congratulate us both. I completely trust him and he also trusts me, I have no desire toward any other man and he has none toward any other woman, so neither of us had any problem. There was no cheating, lust or desire involved.

With your reaction, should he have slapped/disciplined me?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
If you imagine (if you had a wife) your wife smiling and talking to another man, what emotion is it that you're feeling that would make you want to strike her? The answer, if people are being honest, is fear. It makes you afraid that she might leave you for somebody else or like someone else better. Part of becoming a mature and secure person is being able to see and understand our primitive, root emotions, why they happen, and whether they are productive or not. Any time you react emotionally from fear, it is almost always a bad thing. It is letting weakness control you, instead of you having the wisdom and strength to not give into immature and destructive impulses.
we had a proverb about the woman (and their past relationships)
all the trees moved by the wind .

but not afront my eyes , man are you sure about she dance in all position ?
i wish to die better than to let her dance or kissed .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
He also danced with other females, received kisses etc. It's a time of celebration, we were just married. Of course people wanted to congratulate us both. I completely trust him and he also trusts me, I have no desire toward any other man and he has none toward any other woman, so neither of us had any problem. There was no cheating, lust or desire involved.

With your reaction, should he have slapped/disciplined me?
ah , you don't jealous to him and he do the same for you . good job guys double fonction :eek:
what about if you find him touch a woman with dirty action .
you would do the same with him , you will let someone touch you at the same way ?

Enlighten

ah , you don't jealous to him and he do the same for you . good job guys double fonction :eek:
what about if you find him touch a woman with dirty action .
you would do the same with him , you will let someone touch you at the same way ?

You miss the point, there is no "dirty action" we are both completely in love, we would not betray one and other by being lustful toward another man/woman we have no interest in anyone apart from one and other. Therefore if he dances with another female, there is nothing for me to be concerned about and vice versa. If a female gives him a kiss on the cheek to congratulate him on being married, there is nothing for me to be concerned about and vice versa.

When it comes to my husband kissing me and vice versa there is a difference, it's not a "peck" as I refer to it, it is passionate. Not to bring nationality into it, but some people who do not know one and other say hello by kissing on either cheek. There is absolutely no passionate feeling in it. Simply a gesture.

gnostic

The Lost One
godobeyer said:
God order the Muslim woman to subardonate to her husband, and she will go to the heaven because of that , because he is the responsible to feed her and to care about her in everything . and she is responsible about him , and her kids .

Islam made also the women are equal to the man , in many things /levels , she had the right to choose her husband , and to learn and to work , to tell her opinion ...etc

You can't have equality if one is subordinate to the other.

Equality means shared responsibility and shared decision. If they don't agree with the choice, they compromise.

But where one is subordinate to another, that other is in charge.

So if the Qur'an or Islam teaches that a woman must obey her husband, for whatever reason, then it is not an equal relationship. It is a master-slave relationship.

And it is worse, if a husband can punish his wife for disobedience or insubordination. And the Qur'an say that wife must obey a husband or be punished for disobedience.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Again, I think we're clouding culture with religion. In many cultures, it is considered normal for men and women to be friendly, even embracing each other, dancing with each other, etc., but in some cultures, this is seen as inappropriate.

For instance, in the US, if we see two men holding hands, our first assumption is that they are a homosexual couple. Meanwhile, in Pakistan, men are often seen holding hands while they walk; it's not a sign of homosexuality there, just a different cultural way of showing a friendship.

To see one's wife dancing with or hugging/kissing (even on the cheek or a quick peck on the lips) a male that's not her husband in THESE cultures that Godobeyer is from would be a huge controversy, while HERE, it's not. There's no use in trying to convince the other side here...

However, slapping, beating, correcting, subordinating, etc. THAT should be a universal agreement that it's unacceptable. Considering intermingling amongst men and women is not hurting US, and if they're fine with it, then leave it be. Physical abuse is an entirely different matter, and one that should be addressed and not allowed.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Again, I think we're clouding culture with religion. In many cultures, it is considered normal for men and women to be friendly, even embracing each other, dancing with each other, etc., but in some cultures, this is seen as inappropriate.

For instance, in the US, if we see two men holding hands, our first assumption is that they are a homosexual couple. Meanwhile, in Pakistan, men are often seen holding hands while they walk; it's not a sign of homosexuality there, just a different cultural way of showing a friendship.
yeah there is huge different between culture and religion .

To see one's wife dancing with or hugging/kissing (even on the cheek or a quick peck on the lips) a male that's not her husband in THESE cultures that Godobeyer is from would be a huge controversy, while HERE, it's not. There's no use in trying to convince the other side here...
I know that she maybe she could dance in different position with other men , but don't tell me she kissed by the other men afront her "husband " and he allowed that ?? is this considerate cuckold man for your opinion ?

However, slapping, beating, correcting, subordinating, etc. THAT should be a universal agreement that it's unacceptable. Considering intermingling amongst men and women is not hurting US, and if they're fine with it, then leave it be. Physical abuse is an entirely different matter, and one that should be addressed and not allowed.
I admit that most of the women even the Muslims don't wanted to be beating .
but I guess most of muslims women are accuatly live in respect and love with their husbands , I guess this option is rarely used , because 99.9 % of the woman are not insubordinate .

edited : accualty I am with that verse of Quran , which allowed to the muslim husband to beat his insubordanite wife .
i don't not courtesy people here , i love to be honest all the time what ever the consequence .

btw I made a separte between my experience and what Quran said about the beat .

Last edited:

Godwilling

Organic, kinetic learner
edited : accualty I am with that verse of Quran , which allowed to the muslim husband to beat his insubordanite wife .
i don't not courtesy people here , i love to be honest all the time what ever the consequence .

btw I made a separte between my experience and what Quran said about the beat .
I am quite frank as well and know from experience that men that beat their wives and other people who are vulnerable to them are cowards. I also know that if a man ever beat my sister or daughter, it would be a one time occurrence. After my sister or daughter told me, the man would be afraid of being even rude to my sister.

I suppose that speaks not only to the character of the cowards that beat their wives, but also to the relatives of the wife that condone the cowardly behavior.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I am quite frank as well and know from experience that men that beat their wives and other people who are vulnerable to them are cowards. I also know that if a man ever beat my sister or daughter, it would be a one time occurrence. After my sister or daughter told me, the man would be afraid of being even rude to my sister.

I suppose that speaks not only to the character of the cowards that beat their wives, but also to the relatives of the wife that condone the cowardly behavior.
for my experience beat insubordinate wife is good solution .
and if my sister or my daughter were beat by their husband because they were insubordinate I will not be sorry , because I give him my sister or my daughter to subordinate to her husband . and it's was her choose ,"her lover", it's she did not accept to continous to live with him "for any reason " , that other case .

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
for my experience beat insubordinate wife is good solution .
A marriage is (or at least is made out to be) a relationship base on mutual love between husband and wife. Beating - i.e. physically attacking - another person is an act contrary to love. Do you really not see the incompatibility here?

Edit: and when you say it's a "good solution", what do you mean? Just that it lets you get your way when you and your wife disagree? Or are you actually claiming that it's positive for anything other than your own selfishness?

and if my sister or my daughter were beat by their husband because they were insubordinate I will not be sorry , because I give him my sister or my daughter to subordinate to her husband . and it's was her choose ,"her lover", it's she did not accept to continous to live with him "for any reason " , that other case .
So... she got to make a decision of her own once, therefore it's okay to treat her as property?

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
A marriage is (or at least is made out to be) a relationship base on mutual love between husband and wife. Beating - i.e. physically attacking - another person is an act contrary to love. Do you really not see the incompatibility here?
yeah , islam propose a solution for the muslims couples ,God order the wife to obey her husband , because he is the responsible of her 100% , the relation should build in respect and love , the beat is a solution when the woman did something without his permission , for exemple he goes out the house without his permission .

Edit: and when you say it's a "good solution", what do you mean? Just that it lets you get your way when you and your wife disagree? Or are you actually claiming that it's positive for anything other than your own selfishness?
God propose solutions to the problem of insubordinate wife ,
1- talk to her "make a discussion with her"
2- avoid her in the bed (don't make sex relation )
3- beat her
4- call arbitor from your family and her family
5- divorce

see the divorce is the last chance and the beat is the thrid solution . the beat is better than divorce in some cases especially when they are loved each other and they had kids .
sometimes instead to d

So... she got to make a decision of her own once, therefore it's okay to treat her as property?
yes ,
if she want to continous with him if not , it's her decision any way .

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I don't think it's cultural hubris to say this: IMO, beating one's wife is incompatible with loving her, and treating her as property (even with some bizarre rationalization about her being "voluntary" property) is incompatible with respecting her.

And I question how much of a free choice the situation is for her. In a Muslim society, what sort of life would a woman have if she did leave her husband. If her other choice is destitution, then we have to assume that her decision to stay - if this is really her decision - is coerced.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Godobeyer,

I missed that example you gave when I first replied.

Why would you ever need to deny your wife - a capable adult woman who you say you love and respect - the ability to leave the house?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Godobeyer,

I missed that example you gave when I first replied.

Why would you ever need to deny your wife - a capable adult woman who you say you love and respect - the ability to leave the house?
in Islam , God order the woman to respect her husband and obey him .
this is muslims woman duty and Muslim man right .

if i ask why the Pope havent the right to married to get son ,even as he believe that Jesus (pbuh) is son of God , you will told me it's a religious matter
it's the same thing about that case .

Status
Not open for further replies.