• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I was asked about it, so I answered it :p. Doesnt really matter if she forgives him or not, as I said it is just plain wrong to slap your partner. Whatever she chooses to do about it, that is her choice I guess, and I dont know enough about the topic to tell her what to do. From the video you posted Chris kind of sounds like a jerk, though.
I mean that beating is already exist, even between westerns people , and Rihanna still love Chris , and she forgave him and maybe love him more and more .inspite that she could revenge .

Honor and dignity is one of the primary reasons not to slap her, because there is no honor or dignity in such an act. To loose control in such a manner would actually be the opposite of an honorable act.
maybe you right , but if she slap you for any reason you wrong with her ?

What kind of a man is so concerned about the thoughts of others he would raise his hand against his wife just to save his image?
the kind of who feel that his dignity and honor become in the WC ,not in house but public WC in road .

And in what way is that different to when a woman wants to strip?
there is different between a wife in house with her clothes, and a wife nuked in public place .
strip is normal job for you ? you would let your wife strip in the clubs for "money "?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
In Indian society, women were usually subject to various caste-rules and severe restrictions. They remained illiterate and were ill-treated. Female infanticide was often practiced.

Sikhism has absolutely no concept of caste and women are not barred from doing the same roles as men, this includes performing as Granthi -- people who read from the Sikh holy text, and the concept of killing one's daughters' is abhorrent to a practising Sikh who understands his or her faith.

In fact, the Rehat Maryada even states that one should not keep relationships with one who kills their daughters.

Gurū Nānak allowed men and women of all castes equally into his congregation.
Gurū Angad encouraged Sikhs, male and female, to get an education
Gurū Amar explicitly and loudly demolished the acts of female infanticide and widow suicide (sati) and discouraged women from wearing the full veil (as it was demeaning) within his congregations.
Gurū Gobind Singh permitted men and women to join into the Sikh Khālsā, renaming everyone as "Sikh" and "Kaur" to demolish any conception of caste.

Indian society is not part of Sikhism, even if some perform these acts and call themselves Sikhs, they are at odds with Sikhism by doing so.

Try again.

Kerr

I mean that beating is already exist, even between westerns people , and Rihanna still love Chris , and she forgave him and maybe love him more and more .inspite that she could revenge .
Where did I say otherwise? My point was never that we in the west dont have issues with abusive husbands or wives. Those issues exist everywhere. I just said it is wrong to abuse anyone. If the victim then forgives it or wants to send the one who did it to jail, that is their choice.

maybe you right , but if she slap you for any reason you wrong with her ?
The same rules applies for both men and women.

the kind of who feel that his dignity and honor become in the WC ,not in house but public WC in road .
But that is presenting an image of honor and dignity rather then being a man of honor and dignity. There is a rather important difference between the two. As far as I am concerned, people care too much about their image and what other people think (myself included, unfortunately).

there is different between a wife in house with her clothes, and a wife nuked in public place .
strip is normal job for you ? you would let your wife strip in the clubs for "money "?
It is not a matter of if I would "let" her do anything. I would just not marry one who would desire that, because I know myself well enough to know it would become an issue. Better to just stay friends then or something.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
FYI....bringing up Chris Brown to bolster one's argument in favor of wife slapping is counter-productive. His reputation as an entertainer has been severely tarnished as a result of his assault on Rihanna.

Oh, and for the record, my 13-year-old daughter is a Brown Belt in Karate, and is training intensely to test for her Black Belt in 2012 so she can defend herself against anybody who feels they have any right to raise a hand to her. Heaven help any man who tries to attack her....she is one strong and independent young woman.

Our family couldn't be more proud of her. Knowing she'll defend herself with a swift avoid/block/kick-to-the-knee movement makes us VERY happy. :yes:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Where did I say otherwise? My point was never that we in the west dont have issues with abusive husbands or wives. Those issues exist everywhere. I just said it is wrong to abuse anyone. If the victim then forgives it or wants to send the one who did it to jail, that is their choice.
Madamhttp://www.religiousforums.com/forum/members/draka-1870.html Draka by this thread accuse only the muslims that abuse their women , and ignore the other religions and cultures. she aim the Islam and Muslims . as you said if the victime forgive and want to live with the abuser , where is the problem , and if the Muslimah want to live with abuser , where is the problem , both are abuser and both are women .

The same rules applies for both men and women.
ah ,if your wife or girlfriend beat you , you will tell her " The same rules applies for both men and women" :D , i am just kiding of course
or you will call police or you will beat her , or ask her to stop beating you "plz" ....etc

But that is presenting an image of honor and dignity rather then being a man of honor and dignity. There is a rather important difference between the two. As far as I am concerned, people care too much about their image and what other people think (myself included, unfortunately).
what is the value thing in your live , it's dignity and honor , if you lose them you are nothing , if some one try to rape you wife afront your eyes , you will said it's just image , come one rape her faster , let me go work , or you will defend for her because your (her and you ) honor and dignity .

It is not a matter of if I would "let" her do anything. I would just not marry one who would desire that, because I know myself well enough to know it would become an issue. Better to just stay friends then or something.
I am proud of you :)

Godobeyer

Premium Member
FYI....bringing up Chris Brown to bolster one's argument in favor of wife slapping is counter-productive. His reputation as an entertainer has been severely tarnished as a result of his assault on Rihanna.
his reputation for her is still exist , she continous love him and she is forgave him .

Oh, and for the record, my 13-year-old daughter is a Brown Belt in Karate, and is training intensely to test for her Black Belt in 2012 so she can defend herself against anybody who feels they have any right to raise a hand to her. Heaven help any man who tries to attack her....she is one strong and independent young woman.
for me i did not required to marry karaté woman or police woman , the life would be dangerous with her . my langauge will be changed when she threat me , and remember me that she is stronger :D:run:

Our family couldn't be more proud of her. Knowing she'll defend herself with a swift avoid/block/kick-to-the-knee movement makes us VERY happy. :yes:
i am affraid in the futur when she get dispute with her husband , you will find him in the hospital ,instead in her armes in the bed.:eek:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Very nice!

I'm planning on encouraging my daughter (if i ever have one) to do the same. I figured that on top of everything else i can do for her, it would be good to encourage her to become an *** kicking machine, just in case. :D

She would be every abuser's nightmare!

She has it made unless she runs into a 6' tall 190 pound Taekwondo master. Then she had better pretend she never had a lesson....just to be on the safe side. Most men know how to handle themselves or they would have never made it through high school...at least where I came from. Of course I'll also go on record and say that we didn't get off at the idea of molesting young women.

Last edited:

Kerr

Madam Draka by this thread accuse only the muslims that abuse their women , and ignore the other religions and cultures. she aim the Islam and Muslims . as you said if the victime forgive and want to live with the abuser , where is the problem , and if the Muslimah want to live with abuser , where is the problem , both are abuser and both are women .
I am sure Draka didnt mean it that way.

The problem is that he still did something wrong. If a woman you know gets raped on the street and then tell you that she forgives the man who did it, would you be ok with what happened? I know I wouldnt.

ah ,if your wife or girlfriend beat you , you will tell her " The same rules applies for both men and women" :D , i am just kiding of course
or you will call police or you will beat her , or ask her to stop beating you "plz" ....etc
Honestly, I dont know how I would react. Wouldnt beat her for it, that is just not me, and I wouldnt accept it either.

what is the value thing in your live , it's dignity and honor , if you lose them you are nothing , if some one try to rape you wife afront your eyes , you will said it's just image , come one rape her faster , let me go work , or you will defend for her because your (her and you ) honor and dignity .
When I talked about image, I meant that it is one thing to be considered an honorable man and another thing to be one. If you have honor and dignity or not has nothing to do with what others think of you.

Regarding the rape part, of course I would not accept it or say that its just "image". He would be hurting someone I love, after all. Not about honor, though, but about actually caring about others.

I am proud of you :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Many case easly we can deny God if we want to deny , for exemple ,the story of killing of Jesus (pbuh)that the christains believe, for me the God who did not defend for him self or his son , it's not deserver to be God .
There you go, then: the same way you look at the Bible and see that it not of God, I look at the passages you give from the Quran and see the same thing.

btw ; even the Christainity and (I guess the Judiansm ) ask the wife and women to submission to man .
and I guess many other religions also ask the woman to submission to man .
And I don't belong to any of them.

Kerr

for me i did not required to marry karaté woman or police woman , the life would be dangerous with her . my langauge will be changed when she threat me , and remember me that she is stronger :D:run:

i am affraid in the futur when she get dispute with her husband , you will find him in the hospital ,instead in her armes in the bed.:eek:
Do you really think martial arts make people more violent?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
his reputation for her is still exist , she continous love him and she is forgave him .

Disputes should never require raising a hand to anybody. She is also training her mind to be aware, disciplined, and prepared.

How much do you know about martial arts? After her journey, and my own self-defense training with some of her instructors (in Karate, Wing Chun, Jiu Jitsu, etc), I've learned it's a phenomenal tool for mastering one's own self, speech, and action.

It isn't at all about beating up people who make her mad. If she were to do that, her instructors would pull her belt since she would have dishonored her training. But she is learning exactly how to neutralize threats while standing on her own two feet.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
She has it made unless she runs into a 6' tall 190 pound Taekwondo master. Then she had better pretend she never had a lesson....just to be on the safe side. Most men know how to handle themselves or they would have never made it trhough high school...at least where I came from. Of course I'll also go on record and say that we didn't get off at the idea of molesting young women.

I myself expect a Tae Kwon Do master to respect my daughter and to never assault her. If he or she does, then the title "master" is not appropriate now, is it?

Besides, my daughter's instructor is an 8th degree Black Belt in Wa No Michi Ryu, a 5th degree in Shorin Ryu Karate, and a 5th degree in Tae Kwon Do. He also trains law enforcement around the country as well as special forces on weapons use and defense.

She's in very good hands.

I myself expect a Tae Kwon Do master to respect my daughter and to never assault her. If he or she does, then the title "master" is not appropriate now, is it?

Besides, my daughter's instructor is an 8th degree Black Belt in Wa No Michi Ryu, a 5th degree in Shorin Ryu Karate, and a 5th degree in Tae Kwon Do. He also trains law enforcement around the country as well as special forces on weapons use and defense.

She's in very good hands.

You had better hope that in her mid teens she doesn't "feel her oats"...gonadotropin-releasing hormone, or GnRH....the way both of my daughters did. They're both well educated, good families, incomes etc. in their late 40's, early 50's now but once when they were about 17-19 I had to go bring them home and use a gun to do it.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
You had better hope that in her mid teens she doesn't "feel her oats" the way both of my daughters did. They're both well educated, good families, incomes etc. in their late 40's, early 50's now but once when they were about 17-19 I had to go bring them home and use a gun to do it.

My husband and I also have three boys....ages 14, 16, and 18.

We're well aware of the joys and pains that comes with teenage rebellion. ;)

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Disputes should never require raising a hand to anybody. She is also training her mind to be aware, disciplined, and prepared.
the marriage life full of disputes , and all made errors , even the wise people made errors , and lose controle .

How much do you know about martial arts? After her journey, and my own self-defense training with some of her instructors (in Karate, Wing Chun, Jiu Jitsu, etc), I've learned it's a phenomenal tool for mastering one's own self, speech, and action.
Itrained karaté , and Gym , for my opinion, it's required only for men .
It isn't at all about beating up people who make her mad. If she were to do that, her instructors would pull her belt since she would have dishonored her training. But she is learning exactly how to neutralize threats while standing on her own two feet
in the futur if her husband could make her mad , and i am sure in time ,if she would lose control with him , then he would regert that he married her .

Status
Not open for further replies.