• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerr

Itrained karaté , and Gym , for my opinion, it's required only for men .
I have trained martial arts for almost 10 years and I strongly disagree.

in the futur if her husband could make her mad , and i am sure in time ,if she would lose control with him , then he would regert that he married her .
You must have missed the essence of martial arts. Its not about violence, its not about aggression, its not about beating up people (especially not your partner). Its about peace and dealing with conflicts.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I have trained martial arts for almost 10 years and I strongly disagree.
you mean you combat female ? who won ? :D

You must have missed the essence of martial arts. Its not about violence, its not about aggression, its not about beating up people (especially not your partner). Its about peace and dealing with conflicts
I know it's essence , when you feel so powerful , you will avoid to use it .
but sometimes the human lose controle and use his bad face .
all make errors ,don't you ?

Kerr

you mean you combat female ? who won ? :D
Of course. Sometimes I have "won", sometimes them. Not about winning, though, but personal development.

I know it's essence , when you feel so powerful , you will avoid to use it .
but sometimes the human lose controle and use his bad face .
all make errors ,don't you ?
Same can be said for a woman who is good at cooking. Who knows, maybe one day when she is cutting carrots and you do something to annoy her she will stab you because she lost control :p.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Of course. Sometimes I have "won", sometimes them. Not about winning, though, but personal development.
acuatly I feel shame and shy if a girl beat me and won me :p
I prefer to be defate by man than woman

Same can be said for a woman who is good at cooking. Who knows, maybe one day when she is cutting carrots and you do something to annoy her she will stab you because she lost control :p.
that's why I don't prefer to marry karaté woman .:run:
honesly we (the men) sometimes could not manage the life ,with the normal woman how about the karaté woman :D

Kerr

no ,but I guess martial arts make "beats" and "kicks" of people more hurt and sometimes mortal .
Guess you have a point. But if she doesnt get more violent by her martial arts training I dont understand why it should be a reason for anyone not to marry her. Or even fear her for that matter. Assuming she was not violent in the first place, but then she would just find another way to hurt you.

Curious thing is that in my country, if you use martial arts the law can give you harsher punishment.

Kerr

acuatly I feel shame and shy if a girl beat me and won me :p
I prefer to be defate by man than woman
Why? Women are not worse at martial arts then men.

that's why I don't prefer to marry karaté woman .:run:
honesly we (the men) sometimes could not manage the life ,with the normal woman how about the karaté woman :D
Well, look at it this way. She would go and vent at training instead of venting against you :p.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Guess you have a point. But if she doesnt get more violent by her martial arts training I dont understand why it should be a reason for anyone not to marry her. Or even fear her for that matter. Assuming she was not violent in the first place, but then she would just find another way to hurt you.
it's like choice , some are choose to marry strip girls and some others choose to marry karaté girls , it's personal option

Curious thing is that in my country, if you use martial arts the law can give you harsher punishment
hhhhhh , you protected from them :D

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Why? Women are not worse at martial arts then men.
it's not the point , its about the a women won man !!!! or woman beat man it's weird and digusting for me .

Well, look at it this way. She would go and vent at training instead of venting against you :p.[/quote]
I don't understand you point her

Kerr

it's like choice , some are choose to marry strip girls and some others choose to marry karaté girls , it's personal option
I find it odd to compare strippers with martial artists... or I am just reading too much into it :p.

hhhhhh , you protected from them :D
Lol, I think its more about responsibility. Since you have trained martial arts, you should know what you are doing, so if you hurt someone you would know exactly what you did and did it on purpose. That means harsher punishment. Or something like that.

Kerr

it's not the point , its about the a women won man !!!! or woman beat man it's weird and digusting for me .
I dont understand. Do you think they are worse at martial arts? Because if you dont I dont understand how you can think it is weird for them to beat men, since it would only be weird if they where worse then men.

I don't understand you point her
Well, she would slam other peoples heads in instead of mine. Surely that is good :p.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
find it odd to compare strippers with martial artists... or I am just reading too much into it :p.
no it's not about compare , it's about kinds of women , that we choose to marry

Lol, I think its more about responsibility. Since you have trained martial arts, you should know what you are doing, so if you hurt someone you would know exactly what you did and did it on purpose. That means harsher punishment. Or something like that.
edited :I was just kinding :D, but i guess if some one marry a karaté woman it's just like if some one marry a woman carry a gun in her hustal all the time , both are mortal :p:run:

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
I dont understand. Do you think they are worse at martial arts? Because if you dont I dont understand how you can think it is weird for them to beat men, since it would only be weird if they where worse then men.

Well, she would slam other peoples heads in instead of mine. Surely that is good :p.

What I'm getting is that he believes men should be bigger, better, stronger than women all around. The mere idea of a woman being able to outdo a guy in any physical way seems absolutely out of the question for him. I've learned many tactics to be able to take down people larger and stronger than I if I need to. It's not about being bigger and stronger, it's about tactics, agility, and intelligence. In those arenas, women and men are on equal footing. Some would even go so far as to say women have an advantage. One can be that they are usually underestimated. When one doesn't expect much resistence they are thoroughly caught off-guard when there is substantial resistence.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

What if a woman beats a man at a game of chess, or solves a complicated mathematical equation that males have been having trouble with?

Would that disgust you or make you nervous?

tarasan

What if a woman beats a man at a game of chess, or solves a complicated mathematical equation that males have been having trouble with?

it would most certainly disgust me, I would never put myself in a situation were I would have to solve a complicated math problem...

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

To be honest, it would disgust me even if a fellow male solved a mathematical equation that I couldn't. I would probably punch them right in the face, seeing as how much I don't like not understanding something in this particular subject. :p

gnostic

The Lost One
godobeyer said:
I mean that beating is already exist, even between westerns people , and Rihanna still love Chris , and she forgave him and maybe love him more and more .inspite that she could revenge .

kerr said:
Where did I say otherwise? My point was never that we in the west dont have issues with abusive husbands or wives. Those issues exist everywhere. I just said it is wrong to abuse anyone. If the victim then forgives it or wants to send the one who did it to jail, that is their choice.

You're right, Kerr. Domestic violence occur just about everywhere in including in Western societies. I know that it happen in Australia, and it is wrong here. For Godobeyer to point his finger that it happen in the West, doesn't mean what he would do, any more right.

The problem is not just that domestic violence occurred in Muslim homes, but that some men would interpret and blindly follow the strict interpretations of the Qur'an, as if it is "alright" for a man to beat his "rebellious" wife (or wives, since a Muslim man may have more than 1 wife). Muslim men can easily use the Qur'an as excuses to hurt their wives.

The Qur'an mean everything to Muslims, for it is the core of their belief and teaching. But to follow it blindly (strict interpretation), without the proper context and without common sense and without thought to the consequence of such action taken, can wreak destructive and psychological damage to women. And in many part of the Muslim socieities, the girls are married to much older men, so it is quite easy for men to dominate and subjugate girls or young women, thinking this is the "right" way for marriages.

To me it is a load of nonsense that Godobeyer think it is alright to confine his (future) wife in their home, unless she gain his permission to go outdoor, and punish her if she has no permission. He is basically her jailer, her master, her tyrant.

Last edited:

Kerr

What I'm getting is that he believes men should be bigger, better, stronger than women all around. The mere idea of a woman being able to outdo a guy in any physical way seems absolutely out of the question for him. I've learned many tactics to be able to take down people larger and stronger than I if I need to. It's not about being bigger and stronger, it's about tactics, agility, and intelligence. In those arenas, women and men are on equal footing. Some would even go so far as to say women have an advantage. One can be that they are usually underestimated. When one doesn't expect much resistence they are thoroughly caught off-guard when there is substantial resistence.
I most definately agree.

Godobeyer

Premium Member

of course i will feel shy , especialy if that happened in front public area, maybe this is the main reason why we "the men " avoid to do "official " matchs with women :D

Godobeyer

Premium Member
You're right, Kerr. Domestic violence occur just about everywhere in including in Western societies. I know that it happen in Australia, and it is wrong here. For Godobeyer to point his finger that it happen in the West, doesn't mean what he would do, any more right.

The problem is not just that domestic violence occurred in Muslim homes, but that some men would interpret and blindly follow the strict interpretations of the Qur'an, as if it is "alright" for a man to beat his "rebellious" wife (or wives, since a Muslim man may have more than 1 wife). Muslim men can easily use the Qur'an as excuses to hurt their wives.
domestic violence exist only in Muslim homes ?
i have a suppose to you if you have the choice , do you would prefer to marry woman respect you and obey or a rebellious woman ?
The Qur'an mean everything to Muslims, for it is the core of their belief and teaching. But to follow it blindly (strict interpretation), without the proper context and without common sense and without thought to the consequence of such action taken, can wreak destructive and psychological damage to women. And in many part of the Muslim socieities, the girls are married to much older men, so it is quite easy for men to dominate and subjugate girls or young women, thinking this is the "right" way for marriages.
women here are live in peace, and we love we each other , don't worry :D , they obey us and we love them more than our selves .

To me it is a load of nonsense that Godobeyer think it is alright to confine his (future) wife in their home, unless she gain his permission to go outdoor, and punish her if she has no permission. He is basically her jailer, her master, her tyrant.
my fiancé want to obey me and be her master , where is the problem ? she even accept me to marry second wife if i want .

Status
Not open for further replies.