• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
no ,i am serieus in this , why if you want to smoke , your husband let you ?

I don't want to smoke, but that's besides the matter.

So you wouldn't strike your wife if she cheated on you, but you would if she lit up a cigarette "without your permission"? What if she left the house "without your permission"? Would you hit her then?

P.S. My head hurts.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
the cutlure and habits are different , the women here don't smoke . i am sure it's about 99,9% don't smoke .

Oh, I see. So culture wins over religion then, right?

Smoking isn't forbidden in Islam. I think culture has you believing you can hit your wife too...not Islam.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't even smoke but this is almost making me want to get a cigarette from my hubby and go smoke it :p

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
the smoke is haram (forbiden ) i will ask her to stop , she insist i will not sleep with her , if she insist i will softly beat her , if she insist i will ask her family to come , if they don't have a solution i will divorce her .
I remember ,this is what God told us .

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
the smoke is haram (forbiden ) i will ask her to stop , she insist i will not sleep with her , if she insist i will softly beat her , if she insist i will ask her family to come , if they don't have a solution i will divorce her .
I remember ,this is what God told us .

Your version of god is kind of a whacko.

Enlighten

Would it hurt to be respectful? I don't know who this was directed at, but it sure is as offensive to me as it is (or possibly even more) to GodObeyer or any other Muslim here.

In fairness, Godobeyer hasn't shown very much respect for his own religion or Muslims either, he has rejected all sense put to him for his own agenda :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Would it hurt to be respectful? I don't know who this was directed at, but it sure is as offensive to me as it is (or possibly even more) to GodObeyer or any other Muslim here.

I think he was being specific to Godobeyer's ideas about what he believes "god" wants. The concept of god that Godobeyer has in his head, the one who says a man should slap his wife for smoking or anything else, is the god concept KT is addressing. So, it's not really criticism of Allah in general, but of one person's interpretation of him. If that makes sense. Though KT is free to correct me if he meant differently.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I wasn't aware that you guys were worshiping the same god.

He might be misinterpreting religious texts/justifying abhorrent behavior, but he still identifies as a Muslim who worships the same God as I do.

In fairness, Godobeyer hasn't shown very much respect for his own religion or Muslims either, he has rejected all sense put to him for his own agenda :)

At this point I'm not sure if anything will convince him to change his mind, though I can always still try. Hopefully I (or any other poster who presents decent evidence to back themselves up) will be able to show him where he went wrong. :)

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I think he was being specific to Godobeyer's ideas about what he believes "god" wants. The concept of god that Godobeyer has in his head, the one who says a man should slap his wife for smoking or anything else, is the god concept KT is addressing. So, it's not really criticism of Allah in general, but of one person's interpretation of him. If that makes sense. Though KT is free to correct me if he meant differently.

Nope, perfectly stated.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
He might be misinterpreting religious texts/justifying abhorrent behavior, but he still identifies as a Muslim who worships the same God as I do.

At this point I'm not sure if anything will convince him to change his mind, though I can always still try. Hopefully I (or any other poster who presents decent evidence to back themselves up) will be able to show him where he went wrong. :)
that ,whats i waiting for where i am wrong ?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
that ,whats i waiting for where i am wrong ?

Is it abusive for a girl to help her father do something, even though it's not obligatory and she likes it?

Also, another simple yes-no question: is it abusive to slap one's wife if she goes out to buy groceries without telling her husband?

Last edited:

Enlighten

It seems that when he begins to see reason he shirks it off then pokes holes in other cultures/religions to prove there are errors in other ways of life, which I agree, we all make mistakes but we don't go using our religion to say our God tells us it's ok so we must be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.