• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Example? In what way is an example needed? Respect is earned, not given, if he doesnt earn her respect then he does not deserve it. Simple as that.

But since you wanted examples... If he doesnt treat her with respect, if he is a selfish ******* whos only interest in her is sex, if he cheats with other women, and so on.

in all these problem , that's refer to her to ask the divorce or stay with him .
if she forgive him it's her problem , if not she should ask the divorce .

Draka

Wonder Woman
ah , who tell that they are not capable .I guess they are responsible to God and capable to show you the people the true meaning of the Hadiths .
because i said it's already clear ,knowing in english to you , but they know the meaning in arabic .

ok I am waiting Badran and Debater to retranslate to you the meaning of Hadiths
from Arabic source to english :)

:rolleyes:They've both tried to explain things to you but you just won't listen.

Kerr

in all these problem , that's refer to her to ask the divorce or stay with him .
if she forgive him it's her problem , if not she should ask the divorce .
I was simply talking about respecting him. She should not respect him. As for divorce, I agree. But its not always that easy. I know... cases... where women sacrifice their own happiness for their rather terrible husbands, because they know he cannot make it without them.

Kerr

Shucks...that ain't nothin'. In the ten commandments it says, "Honor Thy Father And Mother"

What if one of them is a drug dealer and the other a crack ho?
Well, at least I would have some awesome parties at a young age!

Sorry for the bad joke. The 10 commandments are off topic.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
in one case "insubordinate wife " and by "soft beat" .
I see. So as long as the wife is obedient and follows every command, all is well and good? Does the husband have to wait to be beaten by Allah, softly, of course. What this tells me is that a wife is not free to express herself to her husband as he could decide that any given expression is insubordination.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
:rolleyes:They've both tried to explain things to you but you just won't listen.
ok we enough explaintion , it's not challenge , now it's the time to retranslate the verse of the Quran and Hadiths from Arabic to english word by word .

Draka i am very sure that they will say it's "submission of the wife to her husband " is the duty of the wife , even in arabic we know that , all the people excute that
my mom obey my father and aunts obey their husband , all the wives her obey their husband , even in egypt (the country of Badran and Debater) and every muslim countries .

Draka

Wonder Woman
You know, Badran has explained something to you in another thread, has reposted it for you in a different thread, and I reposted it for you again in this thread. Obviously you don't read.

I'm pretty sure I, and others here, don't need to be waiting for Badran and DS to come in here to back you up in your interpretations, because I simply don't see that happening.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
ok we enough explaintion , it's not challenge , now it's the time to retranslate the verse of the Quran and Hadiths from Arabic to english word by word .

Draka i am very sure that they will say it's "submission of the wife to her husband " is the duty of the wife , even in arabic we know that , all the people excute that
my mom obey my father and aunts obey their husband , all the wives her obey their husband , even in egypt (the country of Badran and Debater) and every muslim countries .

Are you serious? You live in your version of Utopia. :biglaugh:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I refuse to be outdone by anyone else!

Hey there Kilgore :flirt:

If you were a pirate, would you wear your parrot on this shoulder... (*touches nearest shoulder*)

Or on THIS shoulder? (*puts arm around you to the other shoulder*)

Neither, I'd put him on my lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.